• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

I never really understood PF ? Although that style of shooting I would be less concerned with soft shooting target rounds.
Im only shooting 25 and 50 yard service pistol style for fun .
I have been shooting than SW 1911 for years and only for groups this will be the first time I actually zero the sights to a particular load.

In IDPA and USPSA, power factor is designed to ensure that shooters don't run powder puff loads which will minimize their recoil and give them an advantage.

Anyone ever use a Lee undersized resizing die?? I noticed during my last 357 mag reloading session that the neck tension was VERY minimal. I think its because I've reloading the same brass since 2013[laugh]
I guess the undersize die sizes brass between .002" and .003" below specifications
Figured it's worth trying just for shits and giggles. Curious if accuracy (at 100+ yards) will change

I picked it up on eBay. There’s a guy that was selling them for like $100 shipped. PM me if you want the seller info, and I’ll try to dig it up.
Thanks, I actually got the files and printed it a month ago (files are on Thingverse)...after tweaking the files a bit it works pretty well. I removed the bottom mount since it doesn't do much. People have added an additional bracket to give it more rigidity. It appears that they are all based off of the original design on Thingverse and people have taken that and tweaked it and started selling them. The best part about printing it is that you can just print another one when you break something :)

It's amazing that Hornady still sells their solution for so much.

Thanks, I actually got the files and printed it a month ago (files are on Thingverse)...after tweaking the files a bit it works pretty well. I removed the bottom mount since it doesn't do much. People have added an additional bracket to give it more rigidity. It appears that they are all based off of the original design on Thingverse and people have taken that and tweaked it and started selling them. The best part about printing it is that you can just print another one when you break something :)

It's amazing that Hornady still sells their solution for so much.
This came with a stiffener bracket, I just didn’t install it ( would have to modify because of press mount).

I agree though, the case feeder works extremely well and much better than I was expecting (even after reading lots of reviews).

Anyone ever use a Lee undersized resizing die?? I noticed during my last 357 mag reloading session that the neck tension was VERY minimal. I think its because I've reloading the same brass since 2013[laugh]
If your neck tension is minimal because the brass is overworked, will the neck tension change all that much? I'm not actually sure. I mean, I'm sure there will be more resistance when seating, but assuming the bullet isn't deformed during seating, might the brass just be expanded back to virtually the same state?

If your neck tension is minimal because the brass is overworked, will the neck tension change all that much? I'm not actually sure. I mean, I'm sure there will be more resistance when seating, but assuming the bullet isn't deformed during seating, might the brass just be expanded back to virtually the same state?
Good question. I guess I'll have to play around with it to see. I have no idea[laugh]

Recently re-barreled my 1903 Springfield. Problem is, I'd been neck sizing ammo, so it no longer fits in the new chamber.

Working on pulling 250ish rounds with my collet pullet.

After that, full size without the decapper and load 'em back up.
Come on thats a mauser action should resize those rounds with a nice brisk manipulation of the bolt!

i have about of 100-300 of .308 brass that is prepped and waiting to be primed - but for that i need to swap xl750 primer tube and bar for LRP setup, and just cannot make myself to get to it.
it is just too cold out there to go shooting, so, seems like a sorta futile activity atm.

i have about of 100-300 of .308 brass that is prepped and waiting to be primed - but for that i need to swap xl750 primer tube and bar for LRP setup, and just cannot make myself to get to it.
it is just too cold to go shooting, so, seems like a sorta futile activity atm.
Nice!
Oh come on! I was out shooting yesterday afternoon - though I will admit it was cold. But I had to get out of the house.
I'm probably going to hit the range again this afternoon after I walk the dog.

Back
Top Bottom