• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Success reloading .223 match rounds in the morning then shooting them in the afternoon. Tapped into a stash of Remington SR benchrest primers that had been collecting dust. Prepped some 1X fired Norma brass and tried neck sizing. Every case dropped free from the case gauge so no FL sizing necessary. 22.0 gn of Benchmark pushing Nosler CC 77's. Shoots as good as I can with iron sights- groups close to 1" at 100 yards. 1.04" for the last 5 shot group- that is exactly 1 MOA. Added bonus that the POI is identical to factory Norma .223 77 grain ammo.

Broke in my new Dillon Square Deal B. This is my second one and the most updated housing design...I sold my first one (old style housing) to a fellow Marine at the beginning of COVID so he could learn to reload.

Loaded up 700+ 147gr Delta Precision over 3.8gr W231 w/Federal SPP to OAL 1.140”

Was trying to pull off loading the full thousand tonight, but kept running into issues with my primers feeding into the press and got too tired to keep f***ing with it.

Figured I’d call it a night before I make a mistake that costs me a finger. One of the last rounds I made didn’t have a primer in it and made it all the way to the bin...sometimes you just gotta know when to quit.

image.jpg image.jpg

Any splitting?
If not why ditch it if you are loading at low pressure?

If you have your heart set on tossing the brass put it up for karma (I could use some 357 brass for range fodder)
Are you in need of 357 brass? I have a 5 gallon pail full of once fired mixed manufacturer 357. Could spare some for anyone in need.

Are you in need of 357 brass? I have a 5 gallon pail full of once fired mixed manufacturer 357. Could spare some for anyone in need.
357 is my only short supply - I'm not desperate but only have about 200 cases.
Never really stocked up because I have over a thousand 38 cases in rotation.

If you can spare a few hundred, give me a price

357 is my only short supply - I'm not desperate but only have about 200 cases.
Never really stocked up because I have over a thousand 38 cases in rotation.

If you can spare a few hundred, give me a price
Pm inbound. Price is free.

I totally forgot I had this pail of 357. For like 8 years I never threw away brass kept it all and forgot I had this pail on the basement. It's got gfl, perfecta, federal, and blazer mostly.

Last edited:
I will say I think it's not very common in the tens of thousands of blue bullets I've reloaded.
Just tapping into an old conversation to seek advice from the group. Starting into reloading pistol rounds, currently limited to 9mm and 45acp. I want to do a little stockpiling now for my winter loading sessions. I've seen discussions of brands/vendors like Blue bullets, Xtreme, Berry's, etc, but don't know if one is better than another. Any recommendations for reliability (or conversely for brands I should avoid)? I'll only be loading for range plinking. Thanks!

Just tapping into an old conversation to seek advice from the group. Starting into reloading pistol rounds, currently limited to 9mm and 45acp. I want to do a little stockpiling now for my winter loading sessions. I've seen discussions of brands/vendors like Blue bullets, Xtreme, Berry's, etc, but don't know if one is better than another. Any recommendations for reliability (or conversely for brands I should avoid)? I'll only be loading for range plinking. Thanks!
They’re all pretty good especially for range plinking. Right now it’s going to come down to if you want bullets in a week or months lol. Blue is down to 10 weeks I guess.

Cast up some more 45-70 and 357 bullets.

After my last ballistic gel test I think that the hollow point designs that will work best in 357 is going to be the small pin in a pistol and the cup pin the rifle.

I might be able to work the large pin with some middle magnum loads but judging by the size that’s more of a 38-38+p design if I want to to retain its weight. 4EB370A5-6977-4F8E-B19E-B4CDB6D48276.jpeg 958CD178-3CDC-4B54-80A5-E11D97069D8C.jpeg

I've been using Berry's for about 90% of my 9mm. 115s and 147s. Work great. Zero complaints. Can't beat the prices.

I use XTPs for defensive rounds
They’re all pretty good especially for range plinking. Right now it’s going to come down to if you want bullets in a week or months lol. Blue is down to 10 weeks I guess.
Thank you gentlemen! [bow] Orders placed last night.

Back
Top Bottom