What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Klal

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
If you start seriously considering getting a Ruger Blackhawk, reach out to me. I have one, plus ammo, that's turned into a safe queen.
It's in Georgia right now, but my current plans are to be in CT from about the middle of May until the first week of October.
Awesome. I'll reach out when I decide my rifle needs a partner.

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Waiting for .45, 9mm and .223 bullets. Should all be here by the weekend. Get to test out some of the BR-5 powder in the .45 and with some 147gr 9mm.

Took a ride by my local gun shop the other day.....the shelves are completely bare except for a few five packs of 12ga slugs over in one corner. No powders, no primers, no ammo, no bullets, a couple of buckets of range pick up brass in front of the counter but the place is cleaned out.
Nobody wanted any of the bricks of .22LR I consigned there a couple of months ago at a "very" reasonable price and I ended up taking them back home after two weeks. Not a problem.....I like shooting .22s😊

The guy is also a machinist and gunsmith and said that repairs are coming in steady so he's not hurting. Everything in his shop is long paid for, he has no overhead. Good position to be in these days.

EDIT TO ADD: I was just looking through a bin that I had Tula berdan primers stored in and discovered that one of the cases in it was actually 5k Wolf small rifle boxer primers. Oh happy day!!! Sometimes it pays to have the ways of a 🐿.😆

Last edited:

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Waiting for .45, 9mm and .223 bullets. Should all be here by the weekend. Get to test out some of the BR-5 powder in the .45 and with some 147gr 9mm.

Took a ride by my local gun shop the other day.....the shelves are completely bare except for a few five packs of 12ga slugs over in one corner. No powders, no primers, no ammo, no bullets, a couple of buckets of range pick up brass in front of the counter but the place is cleaned out.
Nobody wanted any of the bricks of .22LR I consigned there a couple of months ago at a "very" reasonable price and I ended up taking them back home after two weeks. Not a problem.....I like shooting .22s😊

The guy is also a machinist and gunsmith and said that repairs are coming in steady so he's not hurting. Everything in his shop is long paid for, he has no overhead. Good position to be in these days.

EDIT TO ADD: I was just looking through a bin that I had Tula berdan primers stored in and discovered that one of the cases in it was actually 5k Wolf small rifle boxer primers. Oh happy day!!! Sometimes it pays to have the ways of a 🐿.😆
what brand of 22 and how much$

Leezway

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The First load with my new Dillon Square Deal b... it worked out ok, not quite what I thought it would be... but maybe it’s just me. Will work on more tonight and see how that goes, I wanna give it a fair shake and use it for a bit and see how it goes..... but I have to be honest, I’m not impressed with it... but like I said earlier it might be me.

Attachments

• 7286163D-BE81-471F-B89D-FFA95866126A.jpeg
    7286163D-BE81-471F-B89D-FFA95866126A.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 8D3C968D-A134-4EDB-9C80-99676FE4B8DE.jpeg
    8D3C968D-A134-4EDB-9C80-99676FE4B8DE.jpeg
    480.6 KB · Views: 14

andrew1220

NES Member
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Don't mean to derail this thread too much but I just looked at the powder prices from a south shore gun shop in the dealer classifieds. JFC.
I know prices on components are have gone up and are going to go up more but holy crap.

I mean yeah at least it's available to buy but damn...

slap shot

NES Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Don't mean to derail this thread too much but I just looked at the powder prices from a south shore gun shop in the dealer classifieds. JFC.
I know prices on components are have gone up and are going to go up more but holy crap.

Holy shit, I just got 4 pounds of 20/28 for $80 and I don't even use it!

Last edited:

EddieZoom

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...

Tallahassee

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

Going to sell off my stash of HP-38, $50 a pound? Am I reading that correctly?

Last edited:

mac1911

NES Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I was loading up some more .45 colt and decided to load a few of the 250gr XTP bullets I have.

I really like how my cast 250gr RNFP shoot at 1,000 fps.

Anyone know how slow I can push a Hornady XTP and still get expansion? I looked at the site and couldn't find the info. They seem pretty soft.
Looks like they should still expand at 1000 fps

Tallahassee

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Define “need” lol

I have some. Some is never enough. Thanks to a friend, a few LPP were available recently. Text me, we can talk.

I did this bc I was more curious than desperate.
I am the last person to define the term "need", especially "want vs need". The absolute wrong person.

I have extra. Have to do some things with the woman in the morning, shoot you a text after. She gets pissed if I pull out the phone at church. I always figure if a lightning bolt from jesus doesn't get me on entry, I should be good to use my phone. She thinks otherwise.

Top Bottom