What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Was on generator power since Monday evening at 1745hrs, so during the times I've been up at night tending the generator and wood stove, I loaded 150 .44 Mag, 100 .44spl and about 700 .38spls and +P's.
Power came on @ about 1000hrs this morning. Still cold and snowy outside.

Well, found some more .223 Rem. brass, so a few of the 35gr. SRR bullets found a home.
Used up the last of my 9x19mm brass with some 115/124gr V-Crowns and 124gr GDHPs.

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    547.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    425.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0589.JPG
    IMG_0589.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 12

Sweet Jesus that pricing 🤣

Yeah I'm OK doing 400 per hour on my current Lee Turret. Lol.

Sweet Jesus that pricing 🤣

Yeah I'm OK doing 400 per hour on my current Lee Turret. Lol.

The official spokesperson of "The Poors" has made a formal statement.
we (myself included) thank our dear leader.
🙃 [laugh]

(Yes, i do consider myself a "poor". The wife broke me of my big spending ways a while back.
But then again, the wife & I can at least say that everything we own and have is completely paid-off, including the vehicles, house & property, etc ......and so it kinda makes on think to themself, who actually is the real "poor"?
Those that owe? ....or those that don't?
;)🤔

Last edited:
Here it goes well see if I can keep consistency I’ve had through my OCW testing on the 550. Up until now all load development was done on the Mec. Wish me luck!View attachment 452298
I’m starting a gofundme to get mudflap a powder measure for that press...that ain’t right son ;)

I’m starting a gofundme to get mudflap a powder measure for that press...that ain’t right son ;)
Haha 😂 I’m game. Instead can we make it for the A&D Fx120 and Autotrickler V3 while we’re at it throw in all the Area 419 upgrades. I’ve seen worse!

I am throwing on a chargemaster trying to be as precise as I can afford $$. Overall it went better than I expected, Other than forgetting to close the clean out on the chargemaster and dumping powder all over the floor! Made 30 rounds 15 at 24gr and 15 at 24.2. All are .005 off the lands. Out of the 30 all were within .0015 of my target CBTO. D656B768-AFE4-434B-80F5-A2A7EC76230D.jpeg

Dude $1500 for a setup or $3k for a motorized is not cheap. You guys are on crack. Lol

I own a SDB 9mm. It's amazing. I'm not against spending money. I just don't personally need to load ammo any faster than I am.

My time is too valuable to spend hours pumping out a few rounds on a cheap press.

You cast/coat those? Or are they Eggleston bullets?

I’m assuming the blues are Blue bullets?
Just got back in from trying them, they worked. Neighbor was pissed I didn't invite him over. Anyways, the blue are blue bullets. Probably loaded over five years ago, the coating looked a little funky. The other ones I casted and coated. The "translucent copper" looks like dog shit, blotchy. I don't know why, but they are coated well and don't lead.

Checking stock and pretty much out of 380 so setup to load a few.

Got just about to 400 and had my first detonation - didn't feel much different from the normal pull (Loadmaster primes on the down stroke). Knew exactly what happened but still surprised me and got me to check for ten fingers.
I've crushed untold numbers of primers but never had one go off before.

Pulled everything apart and checked the case - the primer pocket had the ring of the previous spent primer. Looks like the top ripped off and left just enough for the new primer to start to seat then jam the anvil.

Blew to top off the 3d printed seater die that I use to keep the case centered over the priming station. Nothing else damaged andno shorts soiled. Just waiting for the ears to start ringing

Blew to top off the 3d printed seater die that I use to keep the case centered over the priming station. Nothing else damaged and no shorts soiled. Just waiting for the ears to start ringing
Glad to read no injury. Have not had one go off yet, but suspect it'll happen eventually, so I have the press where nobody will be above it on the next floor up.

Anything lodge in the ceiling?

Checking stock and pretty much out of 380 so setup to load a few.

Got just about to 400 and had my first detonation - didn't feel much different from the normal pull (Loadmaster primes on the down stroke). Knew exactly what happened but still surprised me and got me to check for ten fingers.
I've crushed untold numbers of primers but never had one go off before.

Pulled everything apart and checked the case - the primer pocket had the ring of the previous spent primer. Looks like the top ripped off and left just enough for the new primer to start to seat then jam the anvil.

Blew to top off the 3d printed seater die that I use to keep the case centered over the priming station. Nothing else damaged andno shorts soiled. Just waiting for the ears to start ringing
Glad you didn’t get hurt.
What brand primer?

Glad to read no injury. Have not had one go off yet, but suspect it'll happen eventually, so I have the press where nobody will be above it on the next floor up.

Anything lodge in the ceiling?
No - not enough energy to do more than scare me. Had I not screwed the top on the printed die I don't think there would have been any damage at all

Back
Top Bottom