• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Found a good source for Clay's from Hodgdon"s Only ever used it for 12 guage , but I've been told it's ok for .45 and if your careful with it 9 mm. Anyone confirm this?
i have used clays for my cast 38/357/45 and 9mm
it can spike in pressure quickly though. Also over charges are not easy to spot.
9mm 115 gn LRN 3.0 grains of clays. 900fps out of my P38.

Found a good source for Clay's from Hodgdon"s Only ever used it for 12 guage , but I've been told it's ok for .45 and if your careful with it 9 mm. Anyone confirm this?

I have used Clay's with 230g coated and uncoated loead. It has the least felt recoil of any powder I have experienced with these bullets. You will be looking at 730-750 fps with around 4g. (Check your sources) Clays wont be useful if you want stronger loads.

I didn’t think any are sold out but just that they’re overwhelmed and there will be big shipping delays.

Yup, I just got an email from one that said some of their employees got hit with the virus. I'm sure the delays from them will be even worse than most.

I really need to organize my shit. I KNOW I bought some 6.6 Swede brass from someone on another forum and can't seem to find it. I did however find I have lots of powder
and primers. 🙄

I really need to organize my shit. I KNOW I bought some 6.6 Swede brass from someone on another forum and can't seem to find it. I did however find I have lots of powder
and primers. 🙄

I'm due for a clean-up/reorganization. I have my powder neat and primers neat, but i have parts all over the floor, gun cases, boxes, empty powder cans etc. getting hard to move around easy.

Just had a set of .380 dies get delivered early this afternoon.

I picked up a Shield EZ .380 recently for the Mother who has expressed interest in shooting as of lately, plus as another range teaching tool. I had several boxes of Armscor, Sig, and Remington factory FMJ's. First range trip at 10 yards, it printed 6" to the left... while benched. Had to drift the rear sight all the way to the right for it to be close to acceptable. Anyone else have that issue?

Naturally, I reload for most everything I shoot, looking into getting 1000 ct of 95 gr. coated cast bullets shortly as well. Anyone have any particularly noteworthy successful powders loading .380? I was going to go with 2.7gr Titegroup at first, potentially Bullseye. They both meter great in the LnL measure.

In other news, just picked up a used CZ Shadow 2 earlier this week. Going to go see if my loaded 9mm rounds will pass the plunk and spin test before I go dirty it up at the range this afternoon.

Just had a set of .380 dies get delivered early this afternoon...
...I picked up a Shield EZ .380 ...

I bought my wife an EZ 380, as well.
Since purchasing this, I have been reloading a variety of bullets, 56g Inceptor ARX up to the Lee 356 120-TC. The latter is on the heavy side for .380, but it works.
My current powder is Clean Shot (Shooter's World). I've also used the less expensive offerings from AR, such as MP 75. Now, I won't attempt to say any one powder excels, but these have all worked just fine for me.
I don't have the .380 Auto die set, but I can reload these with a .223 Remington sizer and 9mm Luger seater and taper crimp die.

Hmm. No kidding?

Perhaps not an exact match, but what shell holder does the .380 Auto use? This doesn't imply that the base and body dimensions are precisely equal, but they are darn close. I also get a solid bullet grip with this set up. Every reload has run superbly.
Same goes for the 7.62x38R. Use a .30 carbine sizer. Seat the bullet with an improvised top punch and crimp the mouth with a .223 Rem./.243 Win. or any other die that applies a crimp which allows the cylinder to advance properly. No need to cut your brass and lose the gas sealing feature of the Nagant.
Enjoy!

Granted, 7.62x38R boxer-primed brass isn't always easy to come by, but Prvi and Fiocchi ammo/brass are relatively common.

Attachments

• 38Rr1.jpg
    38Rr1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Liars - At least I'll admit it. I bought my 380-EZ (Performance Center) for me.

380's, mopeds and fat chicks - Be a man and admit it [banana]

Blasphemy, just allow me to admit that I really enjoyed shooting it nevertheless. I'm looking forward to shooting it more. I finally have a use for all the .380 cases I've sorted out in the past. I call it all a win.

Liars - At least I'll admit it. I bought my 380-EZ (Performance Center) for me.

380's, mopeds and fat chicks - Be a man and admit it [banana]

Oh! Don't get me wrong, I shoot it, too. It is the only semi that we have that my wife can rack. She doesn't quite get the grip safety, but it she is learning.

Back
Top Bottom