• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

This morning reloaded 200rds of 95gr FMJ .380auto for my neighbor lady.

Tested them in her Walther PK380. They worked great.

Other than the gun feels good in my hand size wise, there is nothing I like about it. The safety goes in the wrong direction, there is no slide hold open, the mag release is a complete abomination and difficult to manipulate, the action is rough and the slide drags across the hammer, the machine marks on the barrel are the worst I've ever seen on any pistol, the hammer spring is marginal, the hammer is short, AND you need a stupid tool just to field strip the gun.
The entire model gun is just one big engineering mistake heaped upon another from start to finish. Shameful for a German made pistol.

I advised her to trade that gun on a Taurus G2C in 9mm at the first opportunity she has.

Found an oddball (at least for me) box of Berry's 185GR HBRN 45ACP heads in the back of a cabinet. Been sitting on about 1500 *primed* 45ACP Remington brass that I acquired from an old timer getting out of the reloading game. I'm thinking about bringing these two lovebirds together along with some Win231.

Thinking my *four* stage Dillon 550 will temporarily become a *three* stage, skipping the size/deprime/prime step and away we go.

20200408_175227.jpg
20200408_175151.jpg

Last edited:
I have yet to hold a 380 pistol I like?

I like my wife's Shield 380 EZ. Great gun and fun to shoot, a lot more fun than a 22 semi-auto and large enough that it feels good in my hand. Clint Smith says he wouldn't have a 380 up his a$$ if he had room for a tugboat, but for some of us, getting the wife comfortable with semi-autos of any size or type is a process because motivation is in limited supply.

I've been reloading .223 for past few weeks while working from home and I'm starting to get low on projectiles. I guess I'll need to switch over to .38 and .308 for a while until 55gr FMJ projectiles are available online for a good price again.
Yeah it looks like they’ve creeped up to 10-11 cents each from one vendor I deal with. He used to be like 8-9 cents.

What do you use for annealing?

lol, this super technical device, the triple vicepulator with a twin cahdooder.

I clamp a drill into a bench vice chucked with a socket (varies based on caliber, example- 3/8 socket for 223/300blk) and hit the shell with a propane torch. spin the drill to hit it evenly. see some orange flame going past the brass and a very very slight orange glow to the brass and stop. i have a pair of welding gloves i then grab the shell with and toss it on the concrete garage floor to cool off.

ETA: usually torch for about 10 seconds or so each, will vary by caliber

Ordered 12 Lbs of powder and 1k 115gn Zero JHP. Had 8# of H335 and 8# of CFE pistol in the cart but was an idiot and waited an hour to order and it was gone so had to change

8# of CFE 223
4# of Silhouette

Now just need to find enough primers to make all of that powder useful (down to less than 9k total)

Ordered 12 Lbs of powder and 1k 115gn Zero JHP. Had 8# of H335 and 8# of CFE pistol in the cart but was an idiot and waited an hour to order and it was gone so had to change

8# of CFE 223
4# of Silhouette

Now just need to find enough primers to make all of that powder useful (down to less than 9k total)
Yeah the components are drying up online it seems especially primers. Shooters Outpost looks like they got a ton of components but you're in Taunton so a good haul.

I've never used Silhouette before. You running that in 9mm?

Yeah the components are drying up online it seems especially primers. Shooters Outpost looks like they got a ton of components but you're in Taunton so a good haul.

I've never used Silhouette before. You running that in 9mm?
Never used it - Just bought this because it has a lot of load data, is well recommended, and I got burned in the last shortage by waiting to buy only a known powder

I loaded the last of my 158g bullets in 357 magnum. I still have some 125g, but I'll save them for when I shoot some of my Starline brass.

I'm sitting on a case of 40 bullets, but I have five 50 cal ammo cans full of loaded 40. I don't plan on shooting Limited division (40) this season... If we ever get to actually shooting matches.

I loaded the last of my 158g bullets in 357 magnum. I still have some 125g, but I'll save them for when I shoot some of my Starline brass.

I'm sitting on a case of 40 bullets, but I have five 50 cal ammo cans full of loaded 40. I don't plan on shooting Limited division (40) this season... If we ever get to actually shooting matches.
Nice.
The lack of matches definitely sucks. My stock of 9mm will probably last until next year at this rate...

and I got burned in the last shortage by waiting to buy only a known powder
Good looking out there. I have a couple pounds of Power Pistol that I only use for 7.62x25 (haven't shot that caliber in years) but will use it for other calibers like 9mm and 357 if I can't get my go-to powders down the road..

Good looking out there. I have a couple pounds of Power Pistol that I only use for 7.62x25 (haven't shot that caliber in years) but will use it for other calibers like 9mm and 357 if I can't get my go-to powders down the road..

9mm, sure. 357? Did you chrono it? I imagine it runs/bangs/flashes about like weak 2400. Is that about right?

8# of CFE 223
4# of Silhouette

i was just looking into silhouette powder, seems right up my alley for cast loads. It seem to be in stock everywhere too.

Back
Top Bottom