What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Question ....do Lee dies fit the rock chucker or would I have to buy new dies? The chucker was priced at $169.
The Rockchucker can use just about any size dies. There is a bushing that comes out for larger threaded dies or keep the bushing in for your Lee dies.

ETA: get the Hornady Lock and Load Press and Die conversion kit and you can change the Lee dies with a quarter turn. Hornady Lock-N-Load Press Die Conversion Bushing Kit

The Rockchucker can use just about any size dies. There is a bushing that comes out for larger threaded dies or keep the bushing in for your Lee dies.
Ok thanks. I may move up to an rcbs rock chucker soon.

I was looking at the summit single stage.....huge work area because the ram pushes the dies down rather than the ram pushing the shell holder up. It looks to be geared more toward large rifle cases but damn what a solid looking rig. Down side is can't prime on the press.

summitpress02op.png

I used some Cabela's gift cards, and bought a Lee Safety Prime to try on my turret press. Set it up today, it feels cheap as hell, but it works very well. This should help with increasing my output, and I won't be handling primers anymore. I just hope it holds together since it's all plastic.

Today I did NOT reload 7.5 Swiss, nor will I need to for the near future due to scoring a boatload of GP11 from someone very connected to this thread. [smile] I may continue the 'cheating' and order a bunch of .30-06 Creedmoor ammo (Lapua components) from the CMP. This will free some time to load fun stuff like .458 SOCOM, 300 BLK, and maybe some 7mm BR for my XP-100 pistol.
Your getting o!d , you lazy bastard.
Im keeping a eye out on some match 308 to go on sale. Figure i only need 200 rounds or so for CMP , im going to load up some 06 as the press is still set up for it and I have brass prepped.

I read a couple articles, looked at a few youtube videos. People lay their brass out on cookie sheets, put it in gallon ziplock baggies, get pretty OCD about it. People recommend (and argue), about the best lube.

I had that can of Lyman's, and I'm lazy. I dumped the brass in the bucket, spritzed it, shook it up pretty good - and it's working for me.

Cookie sheet so the cases are on their sides so I don't get it inside the case (or as much anyway), hit them with a light mist of Dillon spray, roll the cases around a bit, hit them again with another light mist, let the solvent flash off before loading. That's the only lube I've tried, one bottle may last me my lifetime, works for me on 9/38/357/40. I don't bother cleaning it off.

Yesterday I finished case prep on 200 pcs .308 brass. That’s the end of my winter task of having all my rifle brass prepped and ready to reload. Over a 1000 pcs 308 and 1200 of 5.56. Another 600 each of .243 and .270

This morning I set up my new to me Dillon 550 for reloading rifle cartridges for the first time and put together 200 round of .308 practice loads. Next range trip I will chrono and see how they shoot. Maybe tomorrow.

Then while I was upstairs for lunch FedEx delivered 500 pcs of 6.5 CM brass while UPS dropped off first delivery of seed for food plots. So I still have to check and prep the new brass.

Finished trimming and loading once-fired 7.62x54r brass to make some 8x50r Austrian. I picked up a WW1 M95 carbine, in its original condition and chambering, a month or so ago and now I finally got around to loading some test rounds....PPU brass with IMR3031 under some 200gr Speer Hot-Cors I had on hand.

20200227_200632.jpg

20200227_200531.jpg

just about all set up to get started..
View attachment 334935
Nice! It's a great feeling once it's all set up. I remember when I got mine setup I couldn't wait to start cranking out ammo.

Is that the permanent location for the press or will you be moving it? I only ask because it doesn't seem very ergonomical if you have to hunch over the table to use the press?

Nice! It's a great feeling once it's all set up. I remember when I got mine setup I couldn't wait to start cranking out ammo.

Is that the permanent location for the press or will you be moving it? I only ask because it doesn't seem very ergonomical if you have to hunch over the table to use the press?

the press is mounted to a movable wood box. I can clamp it to the front lip of the table. I also have a couple of old base cabinets that I thought of bolting together, and putting a top and wheels on. Might make a good permanent base for the press.

Loaded up a few of the 158 gr SWC blue bullets over Sport Pistol. They cycled flawlessly in the marlin which was good. Hopefully shoot them this weekend.
View attachment 334804
Test fired these late last night and 4.2 gr was perfect. Sport Pistol burns about the same as Bullseye so I used the same charge as I did with my Bullseye loads.

Ugh don’t you just hate it when people leave a bunch of once fired 45-70, 44 mag, and 30-30 cases on the ground?.....

Picked these up at the range today. I don’t even shoot 45-70 or 30-30 but felt compelled to take it so it wouldn’t be scrapped.
0247DC96-1908-4795-A3E8-AD3B2804C03C.jpeg

It is great to barter with. Good score
Ugh don’t you just hate it when people leave a bunch of once fired 45-70, 44 mag, and 30-30 cases on the ground?.....

Picked these up at the range today. I don’t even shoot 45-70 or 30-30 but felt compelled to take it so it wouldn’t be scrapped.
View attachment 335254

View attachment 335254
It is great to barter with. Good score
yes. Great to barter with. Wink wink.
Getting low on anything specific?

View attachment 335254
Okay.. pick one. You need to start shooting either the 45-70 or the 30-30. I'd go with the 45'70.

yes. Great to barter with. Wink wink.
Getting low on anything specific?
I’m actually not really low on anything.
What I would like to get (for the wife) is some pink coated 9mm bullets. Do they offer hi tek or other coatings in that color? I realize you’d have to buy the coating etc so prob not worth it unless you’re coating thousands of them?

They would go nice with her new pink Sig P365...maybe all of this will get her to the range with me.

I’m actually not really low on anything.
What I would like to get (for the wife) is some pink coated 9mm bullets. Do they offer hi tek or other coatings in that color? I realize you’d have to buy the coating etc so prob not worth it unless you’re coating thousands of them?

They would go nice with her new pink Sig P365...maybe all of this will get her to the range with me.

They make red, looks like lip stick when loaded. I can send you some to try. You would only need a toaster oven and a few other small items to start.

Back
Top Bottom