• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

If nothing else, those bullets look cool. Perhaps I'll try them next. For my maiden batch I'll be using the Berry's with Accurate # 7. No particular reason I chose that powder other than the free hazmat deal was predicated on Accurate/Norma powders, and it was in my manual. The Hornady manual I have listed it as "one of the better ones" for 9mm.

I've shot thousands of the 147 gr. 9mm Blue Bullets and 3.2 grains of Titegroup, super economical, relatively soft shooting, and no problems!

I've shot thousands of the 147 gr. 9mm Blue Bullets and 3.2 grains of Titegroup, super economical, relatively soft shooting, and no problems!
Yup you won’t have any issues. Worked fine for me. I just got snobby and wanted a powder that burned cooler and little cleaner lol.

Sized, primed 3000 38spl and loaded 500 of them with 158gr LSWC.

Need more bullets!:(

Last edited:
Painstakingly trimmed down a dozen pieces of 32 S&W long brass to 32 S&W length.
Loaded with 000 buck that was tumble lubed and sized down to .310” over 2 grains of Unique

I have to try out my new hand cannon. It’s firing pin was broken. So I cut down a new AR firing pin and turned it down on the drill press with a set of files, a stone and some sandpaper. Turned out pretty damn nice. It works too!
A813191C-9890-4D89-AABC-F762A989A924.jpeg A9A32C7E-4BF7-4D7B-933F-62AA1B1FC155.jpeg

I am pulling projectiles from 100 year old ammo. Also a bunch of WW2 ammo. Lots of interesting projectile types. View attachment 250920 View attachment 250921

That first picture looks almost like a few cans of .50bmg ammo I got from a place on the west coast once years ago. I was mortified when I opened the first can and fit to be tied after the second and third.
I disputed the charge on my card immediately and sent pictures of the stuff to the company and demanded call tags for all of it to be picked up and sent back. That was the first and last time I ever did business with them. Damned shysters!

Last edited:
Painstakingly trimmed down a dozen pieces of 32 S&W long brass to 32 S&W length.
Loaded with 000 buck that was tumble lubed and sized down to .310” over 2 grains of Unique

I have to try out my new hand cannon. It’s firing pin was broken. So I cut down a new AR firing pin and turned it down on the drill press with a set of files, a stone and some sandpaper. Turned out pretty damn nice. It works too!
View attachment 250909 View attachment 250910
I got one of them. I shoot wax bullets with it

All my powders/primers/projectiles arrived. For some reason the weight of 1000 115gr projectiles never dawned on me.

Sized another 100 9mm cases and primed 150 cases with single stage. To be completely honest it did get a tad tedious near the end and I can see a progressive in my future when I get my tax return.
Also cleaned my Shadow 2 in anticipation of Sunday's match.

Loaded up 250 38 specials with 146g SWC and 3.8g of trail boss.

Had made up an insert from aluminum that I can insert into the case feeder on my LoadMaster (o_O) so that 223 doesn't fall over - Modeled it in Fusion then printed out a copy.

Modified the model to fit to 9mm cases - the loose fitting feeder allows the cases to tilt and the mouth sometimes get caught on the rim of the case above and jams thing up. The insert should force the cases to be vertical fixing this issue.

The 223 insert is tested and works.
I need to run a few hundred 9mm/380 acp through the feeder to verify the 9mm insert.
STL files on request - I can also print out a few for those without access to a printer

EDIT: Tested the insert for 9mm - Fed four tubes through with no issues and cases dropping without getting caught up on the case above it

Attachments

• 9mm case adapter v3.png
    9mm case adapter v3.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 223 case feeder adapter v2 -2.png
    223 case feeder adapter v2 -2.png
    15 KB · Views: 8
  • 223 case feeder adapter v2.png
    223 case feeder adapter v2.png
    12 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Just loaded up 1800 rounds of 9mm with 147g copper plated bullets and 3.6g of N320. My "go to" recipe for 3 gunning.

First reloading session since moving out east. Good to get the Dillon unleashed again.

Next...the 45s and 223s.

Just loaded up 1800 rounds of 9mm with 147g copper plated bullets and 3.6g of N320. My "go to" recipe for 3 gunning.

First reloading session since moving out east. Good to get the Dillon unleashed again.

Next...the 45s and 223s.
Wowza, 3.6 gr?! You must be 145+ power factor with those. Have you chronod those? I use 3.1 gr with a 150 gr coated bullet and get 132ish PF.

With all else being the same, Lead / coated lead are faster than plated, and I think plated are often faster than jacketed

We should probably do it soon with the cold weather coming up, I think I have everything timed out properly - but have not tried out my new food dehydrator yet (old one was way too small).
So you're running the cement mixer wet?

With all else being the same, Lead / coated lead are faster than plated, and I think plated are often faster than jacketed

So you're running the cement mixer wet?

Yes, with approximately 25lbs of stainless steel pins.

That said, there is no reason why I shouldn't try some sort of dry media - which would probably be better for an event like this.

Just need a few items, I been looking for a cement mixer for next to nothing

View: https://youtu.be/O5y_dsP3dsM

I have one of the Kobalt concrete mixers you get at Lowes. I like the plastic barrel as it cuts down on some of the noise. Neighbors are totally fine with it. I suppose it helps that they are 2A friendly & the husband is a long time retired engineer from Raytheon. :)

Back
Top Bottom