• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Polished off my supply of Vihtavuori N350 and WInchester 572 loading up the last of my 44 magnum reloads (240 grain XTPs) probably ever. I'm exiting my position in 44 magnum and only reloading 38 special, 357 magnum, and 45 Colt from here on out. I'm down to one 44 magnum gun, and that's a CVA single-shot with a Leupold 3-9x VX1 scope on it. It's going to take me a while to get through the 2400 rounds or so that I have accumulated.

For some reason, I have accuracy problems with N350. I'm going to try heavier crimps to see if that can get them to be almost as consistent as the rounds loaded over other powders.

Loaded a few test rounds for my son's precision .223 rifle. It has a 1 in 7 twist and a very long magazine so I loaded 75 grain ELDs, .010 off the lands. The charge is 24.5 of Varget. I haven't tried but I'm guessing these would be too long to fit in an AR15/M16 magazine.

Does the 303 use the same diameter as the 7.62x54? I know they're supposed to but mine won't. My Mosin requires a larger diameter than my Enfield.
I slugged the bore on the Mosin to .312 and the Enfield was .313 so I’ve been running both with some cast sized to .314.

IMG_0035.jpeg

They are 230gr and the Enfield is having good results with 17gr of 2400.

Back
Top Bottom