• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Critics Don't Understand About Gun Culture

The writer is David French, btw, a conservative/liberal hybrid who briefly attempted to sabotage President Trump's Presidential campaign.

The writer is David French, btw, a conservative/liberal hybrid who briefly attempted to sabotage President Trump's Presidential campaign.

I got that whiff from some of the stuff dropped in the article. Not the worst article I've seen though.

The other whiff I got from the article is, that if the first thing happened with the weird guy showing up at his
house, he has some serious OPSEC problems.

-Mike

Fairly even and fair, especially considering the source.

The Atlantic Magazine:

"Politics
Throughout its 159-year history, The Atlantic has been reluctant to recommend candidates in elections. In 1860, three years into publication, The Atlantic's then-editor James Russell Lowell endorsed Abraham Lincoln for his first run for president and also endorsed the abolition of slavery.[42] In 1964, 104 years later, Edward Weeks wrote on behalf of the editorial board in endorsing Lyndon B. Johnson and rebuking Barry Goldwater's candidacy.[43] In 2016, the editorial board endorsed a presidential candidate, for the third time since the magazine's founding: Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, in a rebuke of Donald Trump's candidacy."

The Atlantic - Wikipedia

Pretty good especially for the line, '

"Miles’s law states, “Where you stand is based on where you sit.” In other words, your political opinions are shaped by your environment and your experience. We’re products of our place, our time, and our people. Each of these things is far more important to shaping hearts and minds than any think piece, any study, or certainly any tweet"

When I speak to liberal friends about guns in NYC, I say, "There are 40,000 police officers in NYC. While you joke you can never find one when you need one, most of the time, there is one minutes away. Now consider a person in Montana. Their nearest neighbor may be miles away. Calling the police might have a response time of 15 min for them to drive to you, much less that there are only a few thousand of them for a state that is 3x the size of ALL of NY. So when you are walking on your ranch, and you see a wolf, mountain lion, or even a person you don't know, wouldn't you think it prudent to have a gun?"

They usually think for a second and say yes. I say, 'don't you think having 17 bullets is better than 10, since you have to walk 20 minutes back to the house to get more'. Another yes.

Baby steps towards converting people.

Back
Top Bottom