• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What color to paint Sten

So I built a post sample Mark 2 Sten. I'm trying to decide what color to paint it. I have seen them in black, grey and silver. I was kind of thinking of a desert tan color or I could paint it bright multi colors just to be different. I was just going to rattle can it. The other question is should I use high heat paint? That would limit the colors that I could use. I haven't painted a gun before so that's why I'm asking.

sten.jpg

if it were mine i'd leave it alone for the time being. looks like it speaks with authority just as it sits now. showing character is what i was going to say.

British black or if you don't mind dying from toxic fumes Suncorite, which is what the Royal Armories actually stoved on.

I kinda dig what you have already. I would leave it

if it were mine i'd leave it alone for the time being. looks like it speaks with authority just as it sits now. showing character is what i was going to say.
Right now it has been bead blasted so there is no finish on it. Would like to put something on it so it doesn't rust

Gold-Plated-Stirling-300x200.jpg

🤔

Nice job! I would pay somebody to do a battle worn cerakote. I think something in this color scheme would look pretty badass img_2293.jpg Or I would go black.

So I went with the cheap and easy way. Some flat black High heat paint. It looks like it is a very dark Parkerizing on it. It almost matches the barrel. We will see how it holds up. It's just a blaster gun, range toy and it's a sten. It doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work (hopefully it does, haven't had a chance to test it out yet.).

1619396584962.png

So I went with the cheap and easy way. Some flat black High heat paint. It looks like it is a very dark Parkerizing on it. It almost matches the barrel. We will see how it holds up. It's just a blaster gun, range toy and it's a sten. It doesn't have to look pretty, just has to work (hopefully it does, haven't had a chance to test it out yet.).

View attachment 476359
Wow that came out great. Nice work

Good choice, paint wise.

Down the line, some "crinkle" engine paint would call a Sterling to mind and look damn good.

Easily done on top of black grill paint, and it's high-heat itself.

Back
Top Bottom