• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Club/Range do you belong to?

I just let my membership lapse at Smith & Wesson's indoor range, and I joined Ludlow Fish & Game. They've got an indoor range and they shoot lots of trap. No rifle range.

I'm retaining membership at Chicopee Sportsman's Club; they've got great faciities.

Other than S&W, are there any other clubs that have a decent guest policy? I'd like to let my Dad shoot my rifles next time he visits, but CSC has a guests-can't-shoot policy.

MVGC in Malden. 24 hour access and great people here at this club. I've been here for over a year now. 4 minutes from my house...No complaints!

I just let my membership lapse at Smith & Wesson's indoor range, and I joined Ludlow Fish & Game. They've got an indoor range and they shoot lots of trap. No rifle range.

I'm retaining membership at Chicopee Sportsman's Club; they've got great faciities.

Other than S&W, are there any other clubs that have a decent guest policy? I'd like to let my Dad shoot my rifles next time he visits, but CSC has a guests-can't-shoot policy.

PM inbound.

I was among the 75+ who attended the new member orientation at the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club yesterday. Looks like a great group of people there, I'm going to like belonging to that club.

Hi - I'm new here. I am a member of the Quaboag Sportsmen's Club in Warren, MA. Actually, I have been the President of the club for the past 10 years and have decided to resign my position as of the December meeting this year due to work and family commitments...I still plan to be as active as I can, I just felt the position deserved someone with more free time than I currently have.

It's a small club but we have some nice grounds, a 200 yard rifle range, trap and skeet, clubhouse and pavillion area. Membership is fairly inexpensive as well. You can check it out here if you'd like:

http://quaboagsportsmensclub.com/

I was among the 75+ who attended the new member orientation at the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club yesterday. Looks like a great group of people there, I'm going to like belonging to that club.

I was among the crowd, too. I'm definitely going to enjoy that membership. I'm pissed I had to miss the CMP shoot last Saturday!

I was among the crowd, too. I'm definitely going to enjoy that membership. I'm pissed I had to miss the CMP shoot last Saturday!

Just so you know . . .

CMP Matches at BR&P are open to the public. You need not be a member to attend and shoot, just show up.

Welcome to the club (to both of you).

"Originally Posted by Clecko54
I was among the 75+ who attended the new member orientation at the Braintree Rifle and Pistol Club yesterday. Looks like a great group of people there, I'm going to like belonging to that club."

I was in the crowd as well, great facility.... just doing the Quincy count-down for my permit now.

Amendment to my comment above.

You need not own an M1 or AR15 to shoot in a CMP Match at Braintree R&P. www.brp.org lists a slightly higher fee to use the club rifles/ammo. So even if you don't own the gear but want to try it out, you can do so. NOT positive but since it is supervised you may be able to shoot while waiting on your permit also, check with the CMP chairman on this one. However, CMP goes "dormant" until March at BR&P.

For others reading this: Check with local clubs that run CMP, I suspect that most can provide the guns/ammo as well and allow non-members to participate.

I belong to Eight Point Sportsmans club! http://www.8pt.org/ looking to Join some new ones soon though! My Father and uncle brought me to North Leominster Rod and Gun and also The harvard club when I was pre-teen and through my teens so im looking to get back to those soon! Great clubs!

Braintree rifle and pistol club....the club is really great, over 3200 members but, every time I have gone I have the club to myself....Great club!

I'm looking to join a club but I'm torn between Braintree and Holbrook. Each is roughly the same distance from my house, and I'd only really need a rifle and pistol range (no trap, etc). Anybody have any preferences between the two?

One shop owner I talked to seemed to favor Holbrook's outdoor rifle range and the fact that it wasn't more or less attached to a condo complex with some residents who weren't big on having a 24 gun club next door...

I'm looking to join a club but I'm torn between Braintree and Holbrook. Each is roughly the same distance from my house, and I'd only really need a rifle and pistol range (no trap, etc). Anybody have any preferences between the two?

One shop owner I talked to seemed to favor Holbrook's outdoor rifle range and the fact that it wasn't more or less attached to a condo complex with some residents who weren't big on having a 24 gun club next door...

Funny thing . . . when I took a tour of Holbrook back in 1998, they told me that they were having troubles with the neighbors! No idea who/what/etc. but that was a factor in deciding on Braintree R&P. Also, the BR&P indoor range with the HEPA filtration is one of less than a handful in the state. It sucks the lead and other crap in the air away from the shooter and thus reduces our lead exposure.

I have no regrets on the decision I made back in 1998 . . . and it was between the same two clubs.

ETA: The neighbors don't really give us any trouble at BR&P. They did cause us to create a few rules however and make some modifications (e.g. no uncased/unholstered guns in parking lots so sheep don't get upset, no cleaning of guns allowed anywhere around the outdoor ranges . . . I wanted to do mine in front of the shack, no dice and they put a rip-rap up to block the sheep on the hill from viewing guns in the shooting pavilions).

Last edited:
Funny thing . . . when I took a tour of Holbrook back in 1998, they told me that they were having troubles with the neighbors! No idea who/what/etc. but that was a factor in deciding on Braintree R&P. Also, the BR&P indoor range with the HEPA filtration is one of less than a handful in the state. It sucks the lead and other crap in the air away from the shooter and thus reduces our lead exposure.

I have no regrets on the decision I made back in 1998 . . . and it was between the same two clubs.

ETA: The neighbors don't really give us any trouble at BR&P. They did cause us to create a few rules however and make some modifications (e.g. no uncased/unholstered guns in parking lots so sheep don't get upset, no cleaning of guns allowed anywhere around the outdoor ranges . . . I wanted to do mine in front of the shack, no dice and they put a rip-rap up to block the sheep on the hill from viewing guns in the shooting pavilions).

Thanks - that helps.

Braintree is on the way home from work, which is a plus, and it's about $50 cheaper to get started. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and take a tour of both before committing.

Thanks - that helps.

Braintree is on the way home from work, which is a plus, and it's about $50 cheaper to get started. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and take a tour of both before committing.

Braintree's Annual Meeting is this Sunday (at the DAV Hall at the corner of the street before the club). So if you want a tour, you can meet me at the club between 12:15 and 12:30 and I'll be glad to show you around and answer any questions. Email me from this message if you want to do that. [The invite is open to others as well, Email required however, as I don't know how long I'm going to hang around the club unless I am showing people around.]

Thanks - that helps.

Check your Email, you should have received 2 replies. Good to go for 12:30PM at the club today.

Back
Top Bottom