What causes this?

PaulR

NES Member
Wicked crappy cell phone pic I know, but you can still get the idea.

Shell got chewed up upon ejection.
More details:
New Sig 238, less than 100 rounds through it, never cleaned.
Remington UMC FMJ 380 ammo, not old at all.
I seem to notice with this shot the shell barely made it out of the gun, piddled out and fell over the side and directly down to the ground.

Was noticing I was not getting very strong ejections, or they were sporadic, but no FTE's or FTF's.

Thanks. Paul
Pshell.JPG

That is from the case getting pinched by the slide as it chambers the next round. The case shown barely made it out of the way from becoming a stovepipe jam
Reming UMC stuff is usually a little on the weak side. I'm not a 380 shooter so I can't say for sure but I would guess the weak ejection is caused buy the ammo, add to that the new gun break in period

Gotta ask. Did you break it down and clean it prior to the 1st use?
The packing oil they use on most firearms is not there so much to lube as to prevent corrosion.

Wicked crappy cell phone pic I know, but you can still get the idea.

Shell got chewed up upon ejection.
More details:
New Sig 238, less than 100 rounds through it, never cleaned.
Remington UMC FMJ 380 ammo, not old at all.
I seem to notice with this shot the shell barely made it out of the gun, piddled out and fell over the side and directly down to the ground.

Was noticing I was not getting very strong ejections, or they were sporadic, but no FTE's or FTF's.

Thanks. Paul
PView attachment 93147
Always clean & re lube a new firearm before you use it. You got lucky, live & learn

Back
Top Bottom