What can you tell me about this brand of 9mm Makarov, (9x18)?

Rockrivr1

NES Member
As part of a gun purchase I received 4 boxes of 9mm Makarov ammo. One box was from Silver Bear. I know this brand and have used it a lot. On the other hand I've never seen the other ammo before. It's made in Russia and is in a mint green box. Lots of Russian language on it (I'm assuming Russian) Is this any good and safe to use?

100_1260.jpg

IIRC, Chris (guy who runs IDPA at Riverside) uses Silver Bear. Doesn't seem to have any problems with it, either.

Troy,

I've used LVE ammo in 7.62 x 39. It was OK but smelly (like Wolf). I believe LVE makes the "Brown Bear" brand of ammo as well.

I found this here:

- Novosibirsk LVE Plant Plc

The Novosibirsk LVE Plant Plc. is an enterprise with a long and glorious history. The LVE Plant Plc. has manufactured small arms ammunition for over 60 years. The 50 caliber, 7.62x39mm, and 9mm cartridges are well known not only in Russia, but also all over the world. During World War II the LVE staff worked day and night to furnish the Army with ammunition to fill combat needs.

The engineers’ ingenuity and the operators’ talents are supported by highly productive rotary and rotary conveying facilities. This combination enables LVE to compete with world leading manufacturers of ammunition, which is their major product.

LVE-branded cartridges are found throughout the world, as they are exported to more than 50 countries. Their reliability and efficiency has been proven in every climatic zone. In addition to military cartridges, LVE manufacturers a wide range of sporting, hunting, and law-enforcement ammunition. The plant still continues to develop new calibers.

Looks ok to me. Russian packaging is pretty basic and simple. I have some 7.62 Nagant ammo thats labeled as target ammo with Russian writing on it.

Back
Top Bottom