• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What can MA residents legally buy in NH?

Not to accuse anyone of anything, but it appears logical for many MA residents to shop here in the Free State. I wondered today, what shooting-related products can a MA resident legally buy up here to bring home?

Obviously not including handguns as they are prohibited by federal tyranny.

You can purchase handguns, they just need to be transferred from the NH dealer to a MA dealer and then after a background check, from the MA dealer to the buyer.

With an LTC, ammunition, cleaning products, long guns legal in MA, magazines that are either pre-ban or no greater than ten rounds.
MAYBE the tac-sack, I can't recall if it's in Healey's AWB FAQ
upload_2019-3-5_18-12-3.png

LTC is for the "bring back home" piece.

Depends on whether the MA fellow has a valid C&R, and the age of the piece.

With an LTC, ammunition, cleaning products, long guns legal in MA, magazines that are either pre-ban or no greater than ten rounds.
MAYBE the tac-sack, I can't recall if it's in Healey's AWB FAQ
View attachment 272703
TACK SACK! [rofl][rofl]
Can you imaging cupping balls as you're aiming to shoot?? All that's left is a a fake suppressor shaped like a penis to put at the end of the barrel.

Anything you can legally have in MA.
Handguns have to be transferred through a MA FFL.

To the original point, who said anything about bringing anything back to MA? I swear I am keeping it here in NH at a “friend’s house”, along with some other neato stuff I won in a truth telling contest two towns over...

To the original point, who said anything about bringing anything back to MA? I swear I am keeping it here in NH at a “friend’s house”, along with some other neato stuff I won in a truth telling contest two towns over...
Well the OP said "legally buy up here to bring home?", you're asking an entirely different question.

You're quest has a more vague answer and has been discussed over and over again. And the short answer is it depends. It depends on you establishing residency in NH, and then how a particular FFL will interpret the law. And it will vary.

I bought this at a yard sale in NH.

m-45g_quad_50_4_of_4.jpg

Ok, let me rephrase the original question: As a retailer in NH, what products would cause me to worry about legal issues if I sold them to MA residents?

Ammunition?
Gun parts (e.g., bolts, upper receivers, trigger upgrades, barrels, shoulder-things-that-go-up, stocks and stock parts)?
Magazines?

I would worry about whether a specific long gun or handgun is legal for the MA resident to own and wouldn't want to abet his breaking of local laws. Shipping to a local FFL removes the legal liability, but not the cost and trouble of dealing with the return of a failed sale. I would not want to deal with returns of firearms shipped to a MA FFL if the buyer can't legally take possession after it is shipped. Is the AG list a guide to be relied on? Are there other lists I would have to refer to?

Thanks for real answers.

Ok, let me rephrase the original question: As a retailer in NH, what products would cause me to worry about legal issues if I sold them to MA residents?

Ammunition?
Gun parts (e.g., bolts, upper receivers, trigger upgrades, barrels, shoulder-things-that-go-up, stocks and stock parts)?
Magazines?

I would worry about whether a specific long gun or handgun is legal for the MA resident to own and wouldn't want to abet his breaking of local laws. Shipping to a local FFL removes the legal liability, but not the cost and trouble of dealing with the return of a failed sale. I would not want to deal with returns of firearms shipped to a MA FFL if the buyer can't legally take possession after it is shipped. Is the AG list a guide to be relied on? Are there other lists I would have to refer to?

Thanks for real answers.
Wait there's a list? Lists are for the dealer. (FFL) . I AM NOT A LWAYER !! but I slept really good last night.

Ammo, mags and parts are the buyers responsibility not the sellers. Legally you wouldn't be on the hook for selling ammo and stan cap mags. Please dont let MA retardation creep into NH any more than it already has.

Ammunition?
Magazines?

Thanks for real answers.

Sell them anything/everything. Some small caveats

1) non long guns have to go through MA FFL. Ask the MA FFL if they will do the transfer BEFORE shipping or otherwise transporting the firearm to MA. You should have a small list of regular MA dealers you work with.
2) long guns (and shotguns) you can sell outright. BUT under federal law you have to know if they can possess in their home state. If this is beyond you, revert to (1)

Other than that sell them anything/everything. You are not concerned with MA insanity.

Didnt realize that was a link tbh.
I swear, there should be an NES clique called the
"I Didn't Realize That Was a Hyperlink Club".
I've just logged a problem report on that.
(That we need a more distinctive style for hyperlinks in text -
not that we need forum readers with better powers of observation, heh).

Wtf? What was their excuse for that? Too tactical?
Drgrant guessed correctly, but there were other guesses.
For full disclosure, including the wrong guesses: The Backstory.

Back
Top Bottom