• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What can a MA resident bring to shoot in CT?

Cuz

NES Member
As a MA resident with LTC and CT non-resident permit, what can I bring into CT to shoot? I'm planning a range trip there and want to know if I can bring anything fun to shoot.

Any restrictions on handguns other than magazine capacity?

Can I bring an AR, AK, or Scar 17s into the state for a day at the range? All rifles are post ban, and have non-folding (fixed) stocks and permanently attached muzzle breaks. How about an M1A or Ruger 10/22?

Thanks,
-Cuz

Check the most recent AWB language in CT. No pistols with threaded barrels or mags for any weapon exceeding 10 rounds.

Your post ban sporting rifles are no go. The 10/22 is fine depending on how it's modified, unsure about the M1A.

ivSb3Wm7z3_hella-slingshots_slingshot_0_original.jpg

Lots of great humor, but no real info.
You can bring any handgun you want but only 10 round mags. I'm talking about real handguns. Not an AR or AK with a pistol grip on it.
Re ARs, AKs, SCARS, etc. Leave them at home. Unfortunately.

It comes down to this.

I'm generalizing. The big issue is the AWB, which is very restrictive. If you ahve anything that you consider borderline, please follow up and I'll let you know.

Pretty much any handguns. No threaded bbls.
Any non-semi auto rifles or shotguns.
Any semi-auto rifles that are traditional in style. No threaded bbl or pistol grip, etc.

Remember, no license is required to possess any firearms or ammunition in CT. So with a non-res pistol permit, you can do anything a resident can do. (which isn't much)

Back
Top Bottom