• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What Caliber for Stink Bugs?

Those are stink bugs for sure but the critters I have infesting my place look almost like those, and they are what most people call stink bugs but they are actually Western Conifer Seed Bugs.
Virtually the same thing. They don't bite and if you handle them the stink they give off is kind of like apples. Weird smell but not offensively stinky.
Yeah, we have both but more of those. I didn't realize they were from the western US.

We've been invaded by the stink bugs this year too. In addition to them, I have a TON of daddy long legs this year. They are everywhere outside, and they are much thicker than usual. I pick them up by a leg and can throw them.

If they get any larger, I'm gonna throw some crab pots in the yard and harvest them.

Real men just pick them up and flatten them against something with the thumb. You can also vac them up with one of those "DustBusters". However, they can crawl out, so you have to empty the vac outside. Jack.
Then they come right back in. Kind of like shoveling s*** against the tide.
Blast the f******. [mg] [rofl]

We are under invasion from stink bugs as I type this. It is a full out assault. Our defenses are weak and they are exploiting every opportunity to enter the house and terrorize the family. They must be taken out.

00 Buck?
45-70?
Tannerite?

Not an either/or, go with all 3!

I've been using some air duster (inverted) to freeze the bastards when I find them inside a window. Yes, the screens here suck enough that bugs just crawl right on in. Freeze the bastards and then flush them.

I thought I was the only one who did this!! I do it for any bugs I don't want around, like wasps/hornets etc. Its great, no smell and freezes them solid in no time.

I have never had the pleasure of smelling the actual stink from one of them. Next time I see one I'll crush it and see what the excitement is all about.

ETA: Do you all remember those Cicadas that were everywhere in the Summer of '07 or '08? I don't recall exactly what summer it was but you couldn't miss the bastards. They were loud as hell, would smack your windshield like a baseball when you drove down the road, and apparently they taste like peanut butter?
I took this photo on the side of my shed whatever summer that was...

cicadas.jpg

We are under invasion from stink bugs as I type this. It is a full out assault. Our defenses are weak and they are exploiting every opportunity to enter the house and terrorize the family. They must be taken out.

00 Buck?
45-70?
Tannerite?
22lr smoothbore, garden gun , smale gun ...goes by a few names.
Thinking of it as stink bug “sporting clays”

View attachment 394886

These are the stink bugs we get that crawl all over the house and work their way in. They live almost all winter long. Finally sick of them and the damn spiders and webs I sprayed the exterior of the house with the shown insecticide.
I just walked the outside. Not a one to be found except the dead one on the bottle I found on a slider track.

Those are the MFers all around my house too. They’re in between the screen and the window, and it looks like a tight seal. I have no idea how they’re getting in, but I’m hoping a hard freeze takes care of them for the season.

Pick them up loosely with TP not to squish them, and throw them in the toilet alive. Cover them with the TP you just used to pick them up. They require oxygen to live just like everything else... flush when appropriate.
I’ll drop them in the bowl covered with that TP then piss on them to drown.

At least the bug would have died clean static-free...
FTFY.

View attachment 394886

These are the stink bugs we get that crawl all over the house and work their way in.

I like how it's reading the insecticide label,
to see if it's eco-friendly.

Seriously? We're on the second page of a thread with "bug" in the title and nobody has posted

<It's an ugly planet, a bug planet!>
and
<Starship Troopers - Do Your Part - Kids Squashing Bugs>
Those aren't bug videos.
This is a bug video:

I just twap them off the screen door and send them flying. I always thought they were boxelder bugs.
Not the same thing.
5cc1b85e74565353c95cdb45

vs.
enpo130216_d005.jpg

Just stay the hell away from these
(unless a bite that turns into a 3" circle of rotting flesh sounds good).
Pgeniculatus2.jpg

Lady Radtekk is a toxin-free zone, no pesticides. Bees don't like them, Lady Radtekk likes bees. So we suck them up with a little hand-vac. I like when they crawl around in the sink, I try to teach them to swim. I'm gonna try the water/dish soap idea. We have a LOT of them down here:(

Back
Top Bottom