What bugs me about gun stores

i want you to know that i didn't read your wall of text because you admitted you didn't read the wall of text in response to your post

tl;dr for anyone else: this guy is complaining about the recoil of .40
I didn't read your wall of text, because you didn't read his wall of text, in response to the wall of text responding to the other wall of text on the wall with text.

Did cackling Kamala join NES?

Where is this WalMart? I thought that was a fairly universal thing to put the price on the shelf. I presume they do have the price check scanners?
I don't know if they have scanners. I stopped shopping at that shithole.
I was sick of having to look for the price or find a scanner then check out myself because they only have 2 cashiers.
Walmart is just a clearing house for Chinese junk staffed by 3rd world rejects.

I didn't read your wall of text, because you didn't read his wall of text, in response to the wall of text responding to the other wall of text on the wall with text.

Did cackling Kamala join NES?
It's two lines. You regularly expect other people to read way more of your stupid bullshit.

At a shop that rhymes with dicks
Somewhere in the sticks
I browsed for guns
And dodged the puns
Of fudds behind the desk
A lower priced so high
When an employee asked of I
"What do you want, were trying to close at 5"
Befuddled as i was
I bought a box because
My father taught me proper etiquette
I requested .308
And with an energy of hate
Was met with jeers and side eye from the staff
"What kind do you want?"
Which sounded like a taunt
I'd answer were they not behind the counter
For behind the counter lay
In states of disarray
A bevy of various hunting loads
Tired though I was
I bought a box but still
I muttered as I left "should've just gone to the mill"
Are you the limerick guy that’s sometimes on Howie Carr?

No one is arguing that time is not valuable.

The argument is, instead of watching some lame a** show on TV, some people reload.

For example: while people were wasting their lives watching the State of the Union, I walked over to The Squib Master and reloaded a bunch of ammo.

The difference is how we each choose to allocate our time. To me, reloading is more productive than watching TV and if I want reloading, I wouldn't be doing anything else.

Another example: yesterday I arrived from the gym, the wife wasn't feeling good, we ate and she went to bed early. I didn't feel like reading, or watching TV or doing anything else (I just spent 2hrs at the gym and all day working), so I reloaded a bunch of 460 SW ammo for an hour, then I did some reading and went to sleep.

But the argument- "Muh time is worth $$$ so I don't reload" is bullsh*t, because it implies that person could be making money and sees reloading as something that stops that process. If that person is making money 24/7, he/she should work instead.

What I have noticed is that most people that try to assing a value to everything they do are full of sh*t and they usually say stuff like that when they just read some book written by a billionaire about how their time is so valuable blah blah blah ... not arguing that it isn't, just saying that many people are all talk, specially when you look at the stupid sh*t they do with their time.
Right instead of watching the stupidbowl tonight I will be reloading.

Anytime your not consumed with something and you are not bringing in income , it is your free time.
The time does have value, that value for some is the ability to reload ammo I/we would not be purchasing out of our paychecks.

I would not shoot if it where not for reloading. As theres just not much left in my paycheck for full retail ammo ….. I did how ever stock up on enough reloading supplies and ammo when it was much more affordable = compared to cost and pay check.
My last large purchase of ammo was 223 at .24 round my pay went up 5% since then

Well. you can just lay on the counter, in cash, what you think is reasonable for the ammo that you want and tell the clerk that you'll take that there box. See how that works. Jack.
Last time I tried to lay on a counter at a gun shop they got REALLY mad at me

Although I did not try laying on top of money. That might have ended better.

I don't set foot into a gun shop unless they have what I want posted somewhere online and with a price. So I'm never in the position of wandering around random shops awkwardly. It's very time efficient this way.

My entire adult life online shopping has been a thing. Might be a generational difference. I think a lot of LGS are going to be F'd if they don't adapt.

Having a human interaction with a customer does increase sales rates, but not if they don't even want to show up in your store in the first place.

I don't set foot into a gun shop unless they have what I want posted somewhere online and with a price. So I'm never in the position of wandering around random shops awkwardly. It's very time efficient this way.

My entire adult life online shopping has been a thing. Might be a generational difference. I think a lot of LGS are going to be F'd if they don't adapt.

Having a human interaction with a customer does increase sales rates, but not if they don't even want to show up in your store in the first place.
You must never set foot in a gun store then.

Beside the few dealers posting on NES and KTP/BASS PRO/CABELAS, very few have an updated inventory online.

You must never set foot in a gun store then.

Beside the few dealers posting on NES and KTP/BASS PRO/CABELAS, very few have an updated inventory online.

Every store I've been in was posted on NES, now that you mention it. Which has led me to a few great shops btw.

On second thought, maybe that's just me. My sister and her bf both just got their LTC's and they are totally the types to walk into a store and let the clerk instruct them on a purchase. Not really gun people, just normal folks who thought it might be prudent to protect themselves with the way the world is going lately. They are probably a better representation of a typical LTC holder.

That implies that you know what you want. If you do, that's awesome.

Personally, I don't have a need for another gun. In fact, most of the ones I have aren't needed and are kept only to wait for a good trade.

All the guns I like aren't made any more, for the most part. They can't be ordered from the factory, since the factory is now gone. The guns I want are the guns that are hidden in the corner of the store, unloved and unwanted until someone finds them and they become wanted, even if not needed.

My home defense shotgun was just such a gun. It sat broken in the corner with no price tag on it. I offered $50, was countered $60, and decided I wanted it. After some cleaning and repair, it is one of the guns that I'd say I need. And I had never heard of it before I walked in and found it.

Back
Top Bottom