• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What bipod set-up is this?

I'm getting this same Ruger 10/22 and want to use my Harris bipod I have.

My question is what is the mounting adapter I need so I'd be able to have the same set-up or similar? Photo is borrowed from BlkHawk73.

Thanks

DSC026861.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. What type or model number? Do I remove the sling mount?

I'm sure there are a few places where you can find them, model/type doesn't really matter as long as it looks like the above picture. I would have to see what you have right now, but normally you can drill and tap a threaded hole for it if your rifle doesn't have one already. Alot of rifles come standard with those studs already

I'm sure there are a few places where you can find them, model/type doesn't really matter as long as it looks like the above picture. I would have to see what you have right now, but normally you can drill and tap a threaded hole for it if your rifle doesn't have one already. Alot of rifles come standard with those studs already

I bought one from the Harris website, specifically made for the Mini14. Worked great, easy to insall, no tools, no drilling.

You won't be dealing with recoil so if the rifle has a sling swivel stud in the stock, a standard Harris bipod with no adapter should mount nice and solid.

Thanks. What type or model number? Do I remove the sling mount?

The existing sling stud should be fine.

You'll have to remove the sling swivel/sling to mount the bipod, however, you can still reinstall the swivel/sling on the bipod (there's a pair of holes in the bipod release mechanism).

The alternative (and probably the best way to go), is to buy another sling swivel stud (the type with a wood screw), and install that at another point on the forearm of the stock.

The existing sling stud should be fine.

You'll have to remove the sling swivel/sling to mount the bipod, however, you can still reinstall the swivel/sling on the bipod (there's a pair of holes in the bipod release mechanism).

The alternative (and probably the best way to go), is to buy another sling swivel stud (the type with a wood screw), and install that at another point on the forearm of the stock.

That's what I want to do! But I don't know where or what model stud to get!

ETA: Would this work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Uncle-Mikes-S...temQQimsxZ20100210?IMSfp=TL100210155012r39438

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom