What are your Post-Covid Plans...?

Take some more medical and shooting classes & shoot some difficult matches with some close friends. Go back to a martial arts class and hit my goal weight. and take a week off and go to my spot in Maine, I need a break from this shit.

Food and Booze made and served by someone else......

Salad is ALWAYS soooo much better when someone else makes it.....and a nice bloody steak.........and pizza......

My favorite local brewery has the best pizza in the area, hands down, and they have expanded their delivery reach to include my house, so pizza and good beer is a plenty.

I love my kids dearly, and am enjoying all this extra time with them, but I am looking forward to pawning them off on my mother so my wife and I can get belligerently drunk at our watering hole.

Maybe replan my daughter's wedding which was supposed to be in June. Either we'll cancel it or reschedule but she is with the Army deployed in the Middle East and he is with the Army in Ranger School. They are both stuck where they are with no end in sight since the military froze everyone in place for 60 days this past week. Even if she gets back she might be quarantined for several weeks so it's looking like the wedding is out of the picture for the foreseeable future. In the end as long as neither one of them gets sick and they are safe is all that counts.

Get serious about gardening and canning. Get into some competitive shooting. Not much of a drinker or a foodie so really as far as that goes, just looking forward to being able to go to MB whenever I feel like it without it potentially ending up being a life ending event.

No harm in learning the pre-electric age methods/tips/processes.
Or owning a couple of hand saws/brace & bits/files/hand tools...

"What's a Covid Earl?"
1585675874455.png

Head up to NH camp with my wife and walker hound. Dog and I get at 4:30. I feed her after getting coffee going. After a pot of coffee the sun peeks thru the trees and we take the old .410 for a walk. She's not a bird dog but can smell a grouse a mile away. I have to be quick when she does, because she has no intention of waiting for me to be ready to shoot. After we get one, the fun is over for her. She can't focus on anything else. We do the 2 mile walk and call it a good morning. After we get back, get coffee ready for wife to wake up and start the day.
Great post idea ... I read thru all the others and feel like I re-lived mine from my quarantine living room

My favorite local brewery has the best pizza in the area, hands down, and they have expanded their delivery reach to include my house, so pizza and good beer is a plenty.

I love my kids dearly, and am enjoying all this extra time with them, but I am looking forward to pawning them off on my mother so my wife and I can get belligerently drunk at our watering hole.
Curious, would you care to share the name of this watering hole?
Maybe we've been there, if not we'll put it on the list of life after Covid.
Wife and I love brewery hopping, food trucks, and all that good stuff.

I've panned for gold in Colorado, California, Alaska and Arizona, but never got up into the Superstition Mountains. Weaver's Needle, Here I come!

View attachment 342312
^ That ain't me...
That’s awesome! My dad (god rest his soul) was also a panner. He didn’t need the money, just did it as a hobby. I guess he has some spots in the Colorado mountains.

Colorado is one of the prettiest places to set a pan in.
I was there in 1979 and 1997. Maybe crossed him on a path or a Mountain stream.
Bless your Dad,
~Matt

I had the option of a cadaver or making one from my hamstring. You should've seen my then 7 year old sons face when I told him it came from a dead person! I don't think he fully believed me.
Look at it this way: "You're twice the man you used to be..."
Best of health,
~Matt

simple pleasure--burger & beer at the local pub.

then re-schedule that trip to nebraska for my oldest brother's 80th bday (was set for a surprise party on 4-18-20)

plan was myself & my sister just showing up. we haven't all been together at one time since our mom died in 2000.

when we do get it together, it will still be great!!!!!!!!

Some wonderful and heartfelt posts here... Thanks All.
~Enbloc

I've now had to cancel two Pink Pistols events. In addition to whatever flip comment I was going to make, I can't wait to get more new shooters to the range.

I HATE canceling plans.
When things get back to normal, give the Pink Pistols Our Love...
~Matt

Back
Top Bottom