What are your Favorite 22lr Revolvers ?

I sold my 357 revolver so I can buy a 22lr revolver.
I want to buy an 8,9 or 10 rounder so I don't have to reload as much.
Thoughts?
I like the looks of the s&w617 and the gp100 type styles. But have also liked some random stuff from 1965 too!

S&W Model 17

Unfortunately it is only 6 shots

That is my "Holy Grail" gun and I hope to own one before I die

a K22 would be even nicer in my collection

This is for sale , 6 shot which is why I'm hung up on buying it

My choice would be the S&W 617 4" in the 8-10 round range for double action. For single action, there's the Ruger Single 10, though I don't expect it's better than the 617 in any respect, even in single action. If you go with the 617, you'll probably enjoy having one of these:

My son has a 617 and a Ruger LCR in 22LR. I've been thinking about a S&W model 63, personally.

Edit*
Stupid question.... if I shopped online for .22lr revolvers , how do I know if it can be "owned/registered" in mass ?

Last edited:
Stupid question.... if I shopped online for older .22lr revolvers , how do I know if it can be "owned/registered" in mass ?
Any revolver can be owned in mass. The question is will an ffl transfer it to you.

contact some ffls and ask them if they will accept the transfer. If you find one that will do the transfer you have nothing to worry about.

Any revolver can be owned in mass. The question is will an ffl transfer it to you.

contact some ffls and ask them if they will accept the transfer. If you find one that will do the transfer you have nothing to worry about.
Thanks! I livenear some cool ones too

My legal residence is NH, it isn't getting the physical gun that is the issue, it is the cost.... I would love to own one but the reality is for that amount of money for something I'd rarely shoot is the problem

Someday......
I hear ya. I'm gonna shoot the shit out of it if I can buy it lol. Thing looks like so much fun.. and 3 cents a round I can shoot for days

Back
Top Bottom