• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are your Favorite 22lr Revolvers ?

If you're not married to the revolver concept, and have a 1911 or certain Springfields or Glocks, there are .22LR conversion kits available.

This is the Advantage Arms Target conversion on my Sig 1911. Works great. 10 rd mags are $25.

Attachments

• 2012-11-04_13-19-01_784.jpg
    2012-11-04_13-19-01_784.jpg
    682.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I'm about to go through "break in" (read: malfunction drills) for my G44 tomorrow. Does turning a semi into a psuedo bolt action count me in for this thread?

Like this ?
It's beautiful. I want to buy one
View attachment 733716
It’s really a terrific little revolver. I think I paid $279 for it back then. The crane came out when I opened it once. My FFL buddy shipped it back to Taurus and they fixed it for free. IIRC, it came back in less than two weeks. Functions perfectly now.

I wish I could say some double actions, but the problem is they all pretty much suck and I'm trying to buy one that is the cheapest, least suckiest one and the only one I can get is the Ruger LCRx. I would buy Taurus, better price and just as shit as the Ruger .22's, but they have been perpetually unavailable since covid.

I do think Taurus is the best all around .22 double action based on price to performance. The problem is IDK which ones were made during the problem years while the current production ones I know are better, but can't be found.

I don't care for a .22 the size of the GP100, it's too much steel for too little caliber while the SP101 is just not a good design for plinking. The SP101 is a relic of the 80s in it being a big, heavy gun that too many fawn over because they are size queens.

That said about large frame .22 revolvers, of all the Taurus .22's they make, the Tracker models I do have faith in and while they're big, they at least make up for that by including a .22 Mag cylinder. Don't see that too often with other manufacturers for a .22 DA revolver. So, I will take back what I said about size as long as a .22 Mag cylinder is included.

Thus, all my favs are single action and the one that I cannot help but be impressed by is the Heritage Barkeep I got a few months ago. It's a big, heavy 2" 6 shooter, but this damn thing just feels and shoots great and it only cost $100. For a long time the NAA Minimaster I have was my fav because it weighs nothing, it's all steel, and I can pop the plates at 50y all day with it, but its groups on paper are, well, not good. The Heritage, it shoots as well as any other .22 handgun I have.

I also wouldn't turn my nose up to a Ruger Bearcat because it's sized for a .22, while the Single Six I feel is too much steel for the caliber and the prices on them are going up and up.

Last edited:
This is for sale , 6 shot which is why I'm hung up on buying it

My favorite .22 wheelies-

View attachment 731894Model 617-1
Model 18-4
Model 34-1

If there is a Model 18 is available in the classifieds nothing new compares to the older quality and I have a newer 617. These older guns are better if you can find one in very good condition at a fair price that is the way to go.

My favorite is a 1958 vintage Hi-Standard W-100 "Double Nine", but only because it was my dad's.

^That's an earlier 999 variant, mine is a "Third Model" with a vent rib on the barrel.
It also has that odd bluing on the frame which turns a pinkish-purple color as it ages.

The vent rib model was apparently introduced after 1965. See this 1965 Shooter's Bible page. Mine is the middle one.

s-l1600.jpg

I sold my 357 revolver so I can buy a 22lr revolver.
I want to buy an 8,9 or 10 rounder so I don't have to reload as much.
Thoughts?
I like the looks of the s&w617 and the gp100 type styles. But have also liked some random stuff from 1965 too!
have an old s&w 18 combat masterpiece; my fav. for carry a s&w air light 317 8 shot 2" barrel. the first series before the put those ugly sights on it. paid $500 for it years ago, they now list for $839

I have the convertable 22lr and 22mag single six made in 1976 commemorative.

I think Colt makes the King Cobra in a ten shot .22 I'd like to get my hands on. 1680183160245.png

Last edited:
SingleTen.jpeg

I usto have a S&W 617 (6 shot) .22LR with Custom Kingwood Hogue Big Butt Grips. I do regret selling it; the main reason I did was the weight it was a hair under 50oz. (both my wife and son hated the weight). Fast forward to 2022-2023. I have been trying to expand on my .22LR collection. Hopefully the in stock 22LR revolver selection starts to improve! I would admittedly love to pick up a "Ruger Single Ten", at some point. They sure are beautiful revolvers. For non-EDC revolvers I absolutely prefer Single Action, with a Stainless Steel Finish!
I wish RUGER made the Single Ten with a 3.75" Barrel with Birdshead Grips! (similar to my Wrangler version).

have an old s&w 18 combat masterpiece; my fav. for carry a s&w air light 317 8 shot 2" barrel. the first series before the put those ugly sights on it. paid $500 for it years ago, they now list for $839

Your 317 ever have issues with extraction? Mine worked fine for a couple range trips, but now doesn't want to extract at all. I have to take it home full of spent casing and rubber mallet them out with a metal rod.

Not a cleaning issue (cleaned the sh*t out of it last time) and not a round issue (tried at least 6 different types of mid to high end rounds).

Back
Top Bottom