• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are your experiences with Cheaper than Dirt.

they are "aiight" - nothing to write home about. i always double check their prices vs. shipping against other places like midway, brownells ect.

i like their full size targets though. [laugh]

I have had good experience with the company. I to agree s/h is high. When you can get a good deal from them its usually a pretty good one but overall they are competitive with your other major players.

I have not had a negitive experience with them and do use them time to time BUT prefer Midway with cost and quality as well as there customer service IMHO.

Definitely watch the shipping. I clicked on the shipping pull down menu and actually had them ship my item for about half of what the default shipping method was. I also was thinking they would bounce my order out since it actually contained an evil looking folding stock for an UZI. Overall I was pleased with how it turned out, but usually their shipping is on the high side.

Back when they would ship things like magazines to MA, I bought a few but had to return everyone of them because they wouldn't feed reliably. Now, there is very little that they will ship to MA, so it's not worth even looking.

OTOH, I have been to the store a few times and they have an excellent selection of everything. They also have a catalog counter in the store. There are items that the retail store doesn't carry, but that you can order right there at the counter and they will hand to you. There are items that both the store and the catalog have, but the prices are different.

It's odd to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom