What are you watching on Netflix thread

Canndo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Awwww. I remember that day with absolute clarity. I was eleven.

I'll have to watch that.
I was a freshman in high school. It was my home room class. Mr. Crowley, civics class. We rolled a giant console tv into the classroom to watch. I’ll never get over it. What a nightmare.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sorry to bring the conspiracy stuff to this thread but wow. Netflix is recommending The Take to me. The reviews look positive and it's the kind of movie I'm in the mood for. Half way through the movie is a scene where they talk about the anti-facist riots going on in some european country and how the heavy handed police response is being criticized.
This movie is from 2016 and wasn't a blockbuster. While it's a definitely in my wheelhouse movie wise it's a little too spot on for the current events. I know media/TV is always stirring stuff up and triggering people. Just more surprised to see it from a streaming service I guess.
Keep in mind that BLM and ANTIFA were around in 2014. They went away and then came back in the Boredom of the Pandemic.

As far as Challenger, I think I heard about it somehow and turned on the TV when I got home from school. 86 I was. . . . a junior in HS. Maybe we heard about it from a teacher or something. I remember going home and turning it on.

I wanna say it was a hot day, but it was January, so it wasn't. Maybe that was the day they assassinated Sadat. I remember that being on the TV after school.

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Keep in mind that BLM and ANTIFA were around in 2014. They went away and then came back in the Boredom of the Pandemic.

As far as Challenger, I think I heard about it somehow and turned on the TV when I got home from school. 86 I was. . . . a junior in HS. Maybe we heard about it from a teacher or something. I remember going home and turning it on.

I wanna say it was a hot day, but it was January, so it wasn't. Maybe that was the day they assassinated Sadat. I remember that being on the TV after school.
I get that but it just seemed odd that that movie is now "trending" on netflix when it's not even a good movie really. I just feel like netflix is trying to keep the whole antifa thing in people's faces. Not sure which side Netflix is really coming from I just found it odd. They ended up being a big part of the movie!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I've never understood the whole Netflix internal computations. I always love the "New Releases" that

A)I've already watched
B) FIFTEEN MONTHS AGO!

It's not new. Not to me OR to Netflix. Why does it show up???

Then stuff that just came out that I saw once and forget to put it in my list - can't remember what it was and it never appears again. ?????

On the plus side, if you're 25 min into a movie and it sucks, then you give it a thumbs-down, it disappears from your "watching" queue. And after a few years, it seems they've mastered the "if I stop a show mid-closing-credits, I'm done with that episode" issue.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've never understood the whole Netflix internal computations. I always love the "New Releases" that

A)I've already watched
B) FIFTEEN MONTHS AGO!

It's not new. Not to me OR to Netflix. Why does it show up???

Then stuff that just came out that I saw once and forget to put it in my list - can't remember what it was and it never appears again. ?????

On the plus side, if you're 25 min into a movie and it sucks, then you give it a thumbs-down, it disappears from your "watching" queue. And after a few years, it seems they've mastered the "if I stop a show mid-closing-credits, I'm done with that episode" issue.
As far as I can tell, that top ten and trending stuff is entirely made up.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really need a unified "What are you streaming?" thread.

Most of us have more than one service, and many shows older than current release are available in multiple places.

Reactions: ldi

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We really need a unified "What are you streaming?" thread.

Most of us have more than one service, and many shows older than current release are available in multiple places.
Agreed. I usually just post here even if it is not on Netflix, and add the caveats. No one has complained yet that I know of. Except, Away. Nobody seems to like that one.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had Away running in the background earlier, not paying attention because it's not worth my time. It was just background noise.

My cinema buff teenager asked, "So, how do you like 'Away'?"

Me: "OMG, it's horrible. Aside from being a space opera, they don't even 'space' right. There was just a scene where two of them were free-floating, while holding a marionette show streaming back to earth... and the puppets suspended from strings were in full gravity."

Seriously. I could overlook the drama part, but this trip to Mars did not even remotely science the shit out of anything.

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had Away running in the background earlier, not paying attention because it's not worth my time. It was just background noise.

My cinema buff teenager asked, "So, how do you like 'Away'?"

Me: "OMG, it's horrible. Aside from being a space opera, they don't even 'space' right. There was just a scene where two of them were free-floating, while holding a marionette show streaming back to earth... and the puppets suspended from strings were in full gravity."

Seriously. I could overlook the drama part, but this trip to Mars did not even remotely science the shit out of anything.
Absolutely horrible. I tried to watch it, even using it for just background noise. Couldn't do it. When of the worst things I have seen in a while.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There's a documentary on the Challenger on Netflix now. It can't be worse than Away, so that's promising.

View: https://youtu.be/ILAeVAgqFV4
That one is good. Amazing how the only two accidents NASA had where astronauts died were due to known issues that weren't taken seriously, or were, but they decided spending the budget to get more budget next year was more important.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got suckered in to watching Cobra Kai just because everyone was talking about it. I didn't want to like it, but I liked it; I didn't even like Karate Kid. My lovely bride informs that's what everyone has said (she hasn't watched it, but she follows cultural news).

Of course the tournament scene was just as much BS as the 1984 original, but that's Hollywood for you.

Ralph Macchio still looks like he's 24. I look like I'm 70, and he's 18 months older than me.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I get that but it just seemed odd that that movie is now "trending" on netflix when it's not even a good movie really. I just feel like netflix is trying to keep the whole antifa thing in people's faces. Not sure which side Netflix is really coming from I just found it odd. They ended up being a big part of the movie!
The Take is new to Netflix so that's normal for a new movie to be trending, and it has two big names. I heard half of it is in French with no subtitles though.

As for politics it's a French movie, so . . . Whatever that means.

Top Bottom