What are you watching on Netflix thread

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Cobra Kai is awesome!!!

The storyline is great and works well. Johnny is a bad ass too. It was cool looking reviewing the past through Johnny’s perspective.

I don’t really care for new tv but this was great. Even the wife likes it and she didn’t care for the movies.

View attachment 386807
Able to watch this too now that Netflix bought it. Only on episode 3 but it's great.

EMTDAD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't have Netflix, but they're getting a lot of heat over this.

Seriously, WTF were they thinking?

Link to poster in article, I'm not going to post the pic here.

wife wanted to watch this to see what all the fuss was about on FB.... honestly.. .media overreaction... basically about pre-teen girls who see how the print and video media sexualizes and exalts women for their sexuality and think they have to do the same. Story focuses around a strict Muslim girl who wants to fit in with her peers, and her battle between fitting in and not embarrassing her family. The girls enter a dance competition where they put on this very "adult" type dance.. like what you saw at Super Bowl with Beyonce, because they think that's what makes them women. The audience is uncomfortable and averse to it. Muslim girl reverts to just doing kid stuff.

Sure.. the "bad" part is these pre-teens doing this Beyonce type dancing.. with the twerking, and shit.. but it's not portrayed in a good manner at all.. Wife got really aggravated that it was nothing like what was being shared by her friends who never even watched it... just parroted the media.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wife wanted to watch this to see what all the fuss was about on FB.... honestly.. .media overreaction... basically about pre-teen girls who see how the print and video media sexualizes and exalts women for their sexuality and think they have to do the same. Story focuses around a strict Muslim girl who wants to fit in with her peers, and her battle between fitting in and not embarrassing her family. The girls enter a dance competition where they put on this very "adult" type dance.. like what you saw at Super Bowl with Beyonce, because they think that's what makes them women. The audience is uncomfortable and averse to it. Muslim girl reverts to just doing kid stuff.

Sure.. the "bad" part is these pre-teens doing this Beyonce type dancing.. with the twerking, and shit.. but it's not portrayed in a good manner at all.. Wife got really aggravated that it was nothing like what was being shared by her friends who never even watched it... just parroted the media.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the previous reviews of "Away".

First episode, they played on the inter-crew drama, and I thought, "Whuuuuut???"

Now I think I'm on e3, and the Chinese astronaut has been outed, and access to her girlfriend has been cut off.

I'll give it a bit more, but it's obvious that it's just a space soap opera, with really bad and inconsistent special effects.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the previous reviews of "Away".

First episode, they played on the inter-crew drama, and I thought, "Whuuuuut???"

Now I think I'm on e3, and the Chinese astronaut has been outed, and access to her girlfriend has been cut off.

I'll give it a bit more, but it's obvious that it's just a space soap opera, with really bad and inconsistent special effects.
It's a space soap opera that really has nothing to do with space. Makes me want to bleach my eyes and watch Apollo 13.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Chef's Table, amazing show about BBQ and the grill masters who make it.

Haywire is now available if you've never seen it is excellent, Gina Carano at her best.

Space Force was funny.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0

Years ago, neighbor up the street has his oldest in dance. She was 12 or so. He then found out what they were dancing.

His only problem: He was a liberal F. "I'm OK, you're OK, everything's OK." His wife thought it was WONDERFUL that she was "expressing herself." He spent an entire adult lifetime painting himself into the corner that he could NOT say anything about his daughter's sexualized dance.

My other neighbor that somehow got an invite to the show spent a LONG time needling him about it. LOL.

Girls dance in general needs a serious examination.

EMTDAD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Years ago, neighbor up the street has his oldest in dance. She was 12 or so. He then found out what they were dancing.

His only problem: He was a liberal F. "I'm OK, you're OK, everything's OK." His wife thought it was WONDERFUL that she was "expressing herself." He spent an entire adult lifetime painting himself into the corner that he could NOT say anything about his daughter's sexualized dance.

My other neighbor that somehow got an invite to the show spent a LONG time needling him about it. LOL.

Girls dance in general needs a serious examination.
yeah.. I'm thankful I have boys. I've got a close cousin that has 3 girls.. and their mom danced/taught etc...

Soundwave

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Sorry to bring the conspiracy stuff to this thread but wow. Netflix is recommending The Take to me. The reviews look positive and it's the kind of movie I'm in the mood for. Half way through the movie is a scene where they talk about the anti-facist riots going on in some european country and how the heavy handed police response is being criticized.
This movie is from 2016 and wasn't a blockbuster. While it's a definitely in my wheelhouse movie wise it's a little too spot on for the current events. I know media/TV is always stirring stuff up and triggering people. Just more surprised to see it from a streaming service I guess.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Chef's Table, amazing show about BBQ and the grill masters who make it.

Haywire is now available if you've never seen it is excellent, Gina Carano at her best.

Space Force was funny.
the BBQ series is awesome. My wife watched the regular chef's table about foofy fine dining places, but this BBQ run is really awesome. I've heard of Tootsie and plan to check her out next time I get to TX assuming she's still doing it.....Aaron Franklin mentions her on one of his youtube vids and says her chicken is next level.

That Fire Door restaurant in Sydney looks incredible. That guy's unorthodox way of cooking with fire is really f***ing cool. 203 day dry aged steak holy f***.

Top Bottom