What are you watching on Netflix thread

toekneepea

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just dumped Netflix over this. Heads should roll. I'll take my cash elsewhere.

You can say what you want, I'll defend your right to say it. Doesn't mean I have to like it, or support it. There's a line, they just crossed it.

I don't have Netflix, but they're getting a lot of heat over this.

Seriously, WTF were they thinking?

Link to poster in article, I'm not going to post the pic here.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can say what you want, I'll defend your right to say it. Doesn't mean I have to like it, or support it. There's a line, they just crossed it.
You know how to tell Netflix that you don't want to see that stuff? Just don't watch it. Watch everything else. Binge it all, but give a thumbs down to the stuff you find objectionable.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You know how to tell Netflix that you don't want to see that stuff? Just don't watch it. Watch everything else. Binge it all, but give a thumbs down to the stuff you find objectionable.
I don't watch nearly everything they have.

I do like Lucifer, Rust Valley. Couple other shows. Mostly I keep it to catch an occasional movie.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cobra Kai is awesome!!!

The storyline is great and works well. Johnny is a bad ass too. It was cool looking reviewing the past through Johnny’s perspective.

I don’t really care for new tv but this was great. Even the wife likes it and she didn’t care for the movies.

View attachment 386807
Cobra Kai is good. Hopefully another season comes out.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Shits creek.
Just started this. I didn’t like Arrested Dev. I didn’t like The Office. Both just ended up feeling too uncomfortable. Not sure why this hits my funny bone. Maybe because I really hope they get screwed all the time.

Took me 3 episodes to realize the wife is the mom from Home Alone.

sbi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

"They" didn't cross it, the girls' parents did (or better yet - the girls' "parents" were never parents to begin with). Just don't watch it like I didn't.

CrossFaced

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I just watched a few episodes of the documentary about Gabriel Fernandez. Gabriel was an 8 year old boy who was tortured and killed by his mom and stepfather. Pretty heartbreaking really. Not sure I can suggest you watch it but this poor kids story needs to be known.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I’m 3 episodes deep on S2 of UA. Gosh this season is so much better. We didn’t take 5 episodes setting up the characters this time. It’s really well written.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just finished Ozark. Excellent acting all around. Can’t wait for season four. The problem with Netflix is they never finish a show it seams. Watched a great western a while ago called Godless. It was a mini series so it had an end. Excellent.
As for the Cuties controversy I think they’ll end up taking it down. f***ing Hollywood. They’re all pedofiles.

commodon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just started watching "Away". I'll watch most things about space so my hopes are high.
Funny you mention this.

I too was looking at NetFlix last night to see what've been missing as I don't really watch it that much. On my homescreen "Away" was displayed as a recommended choice so I decided to watch. The first episode was pretty good. Now I have to watch a few more...

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm 4 episodes in. Its ok but not great. They definitely are neglecting a lot of science and how actual astronauts work. I'll keep watching it while reloading. Its a good background show.

One if my biggest pet peeves about space shows is how they never have a cohesive team. Its always a group of people, who by clear observation hate each other, somehow allowed to be together in space. Some of these social dynamics wouldn't be allowed at a Wendy's, let alone on a space mission planned for months or years of isolation.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
AWAY ... suuuuuu*ks. It is so bad. Episodes 1 and 2 are pretty nice. After that it is just total sh*t. If a hipoint was a Netflix show, it would probably be AWAY.

They try to do this character development that is sh*t. These guys are supposed to be the best and they all have the mental strength of a 3 year old. Years of training and they are already fighting and trying to kick out the commander a week into the mission. GTFO. They are all mentally unstable and f*cked up.

They spend too much time on this BS character development, which all it does is make you wonder "why would NASA send a bunch of f*ck ups like that to space?". On every episode they try to add some random problem, which could be interesting if they spent time developing that problem, but instead they spend 6 minutes on the problem, 40min on character development and in between fights because they are all children and weak AF.

On to the next series, I am not going to finish away, I gave it 6 episodes, each one gets worse than the last. It is not even good for background noise because of the constant crying and complaining, and it is not even good for the complaining part because it is so bad and fake. If I want to see a** holes argue all the time I will watch re-runs of OCC.

They should crash into Mars and end it.

Can you tell I didn't enjoy the show? [laugh]

Last edited:

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm 4 episodes in. Its ok but not great. They definitely are neglecting a lot of science and how actual astronauts work. I'll keep watching it while reloading. Its a good background show.

One if my biggest pet peeves about space shows is how they never have a cohesive team. Its always a group of people, who by clear observation hate each other, somehow allowed to be together in space. Some of these social dynamics wouldn't be allowed at a Wendy's, let alone on a space mission planned for months or years of isolation.
And people that trained together for 2 years. The entire series is pure sh*t.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AWAY ... suuuuuu*ks. It is so bad. Episodes 1 and 2 are pretty nice. After that it is just total sh*t. If a hipoint was a Netflix show, it would probably be AWAY.

They try to do this character development that is sh*t. These guys are supposed to be the best and they all have the mental strength of a 3 year old. Years of training and they are already fighting and trying to kick out the commander a week into the mission. GTFO. They are all mentally unstable and f*cked up.

They spend too much time on this BS character development, which all it does is make you wonder "why would NASA send a bunch of f*ck ups like that to space?". On every episode they try to add some random problem, which could be interesting if they spent time developing that problem, but instead they spend 6 minutes on the problem, 40min on character development and in between fights because they are all children and weak AF.

On to the next series, I am not going to finish away, I gave it 6 episodes, each one gets worse than the last. It is not even good for background noise because of the constant crying and complaining, and it is not even good for the complaining part because it is so bad and fake. If I want to see a** holes argue all the time I will watch re-runs of OCC.

I'm almost 5 deep and this sums it up nicely. I was hoping this would be more about flying to Mars, but it's more about emotional, people drama. Bleh.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There is plenty to complain about with that show. Its sucks sums it up.

WHY, WHY do they think that walking around like you are trying to move in quicksand is supposed to look like low or zero gravity? Freaking acting is terrible. The plot is terrible. Ugh.

Just started watching "Away". I'll watch most things about space so my hopes are high.
Funny you mention this.

I too was looking at NetFlix last night to see what've been missing as I don't really watch it that much. On my homescreen "Away" was displayed as a recommended choice so I decided to watch. The first episode was pretty good. Now I have to watch a few more...

AWAY ... suuuuuu*ks
☝
I'm almost 5 deep and this sums it up nicely. I was hoping this would be more about flying to Mars, but it's more about emotional, people drama. Bleh.

Reactions: ldi

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
So it sounds like I made the right decision by not trying to watch Away. What, is it some kind of space soap opera or something? Actually, it might be good if they made it like a telenovela... that might be fun. Has there ever been a space telenovela? I think not? This needs to happen! I don't actually know Spanish, but the females are always hot and I just make up my own translation for whatever they are saying.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it sounds like I made the right decision by not trying to watch Away. What, is it some kind of space soap opera or something? Actually, it might be good if they made it like a telenovela... that might be fun. Has there ever been a space telenovela? I think not? This needs to happen! I don't actually know Spanish, but the females are always hot and I just make up my own translation for whatever they are saying.
It is more personal drama and less space. Although one of the main guys is from Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead.

Top Bottom