What are you watching on Netflix thread

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
It was definitely not as good as the first season. Can we all agree that the actress that plays Tak's sister is a horrible actress?
Tak was totally not badass, his sister is annoying, Quell was annoying, the only thing that was worth watching was Poe. Angel fire completely felt like lazy writing. They could have done sooooo much more.

I wanted a moment like when Tak got virtually interrogated in S1, and came out and laid WASTE to everyone.

frenchman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Binged "I'm not okay with this". 7 episodes under half an hour each. It was kinda sorta fun, but I'm getting annoyed with Netflix originals lately. Every single show they produce has a gay couple or person in it. Every single one. Girl discovers she has super powers? She's gay. Family hunting warlocks (October faction? The son is gay. Aging superhero with issues (Black lightning)? Daughter is gay. Group of time travelers (heroes of tomorrow)? Gay female protagonist. It gets really, really old after a while. I'm not even a homophobe, I just find it annoying that lately, it seems that every media is pushing the opinion that it's normal, which it is not. It's okay, but it ain't normal.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Spencer was a great comedy trying to be an action flick. WTF happened to director Peter Berg? Did he sell out or something. Awful movie. Awful. Funny awful. Sure Marky Mark is always in for a payday, but damn. Just awful writing. Awful action. Terrible everything.

Like when he crashes in with the truck. How do you NOT have Black Betty playing? Even Marky Mark would know to do that.

only on-purpose funny part was the girlfriend. ROFL. Classic angry Reveah Girl.

I had to watch to the end to see how bad it would get. But if you realize 15 min in that this sucks, it doesn’t get better. Ever.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spencer was a great comedy trying to be an action flick. WTF happened to director Peter Berg? Did he sell out or something. Awful movie. Awful. Funny awful. Sure Marky Mark is always in for a payday, but damn. Just awful writing. Awful action. Terrible everything.

Like when he crashes in with the truck. How do you NOT have Black Betty playing? Even Marky Mark would know to do that.

only on-purpose funny part was the girlfriend. ROFL. Classic angry Reveah Girl.

I had to watch to the end to see how bad it would get. But if you realize 15 min in that this sucks, it doesn’t get better. Ever.
Knew it was bad 15 minutes in... Watched the whole movie...

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not Netflix but watching Frozen II with my 6 year old granddaughter...gag. The movie, not my granddaughter.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Knew it was bad 15 minutes in... Watched the whole movie...

I couldn't look away. Peter Berg. Now that I review his latest IMDB resume, I get it. He was great 15 years ago. Then sellout-city. I'll just avoid his stuff from now on. The Kingdom. Hancock. Latest stuff seems like he has a butt-affair with Marky Mark. :(

It was just so poorly written. So bad. No continuity. No sense. Nice to see R/T Greyhound Park being used. LOL

I didn't read the book(s). I never watched the Dan Tanna show 30 years ago. Who the FRICK is the old guy??? And why do we care? How many 40-something single police officers DON'T HAVE A HOME???? He lives in a room with some old boxing guy????

I really hoped it would end well. The action would be great. The ducking-way-after-squibs was terrible. The final "fight" was just a joke. It's like Berg is trying to make crap. WTH happened to him.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't look away. Peter Berg. Now that I review his latest IMDB resume, I get it. He was great 15 years ago. Then sellout-city. I'll just avoid his stuff from now on. The Kingdom. Hancock. Latest stuff seems like he has a butt-affair with Marky Mark. :(

It was just so poorly written. So bad. No continuity. No sense. Nice to see R/T Greyhound Park being used. LOL

I didn't read the book(s). I never watched the Dan Tanna show 30 years ago. Who the FRICK is the old guy??? And why do we care? How many 40-something single police officers DON'T HAVE A HOME???? He lives in a room with some old boxing guy????

I really hoped it would end well. The action would be great. The ducking-way-after-squibs was terrible. The final "fight" was just a joke. It's like Berg is trying to make crap. WTH happened to him.
Ok you didn't like the movie. I also just looked over his IMDb. This guy was in front of some of my favorite movies. If you don't like Mark Wahlberg I get it. I happen to like many movies that he is in.

frenchman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watched "the foreigner" and was impressed. Jackie Chan has turned into a really decent actor. And it's not the Hong Kong over the top Kung fu kinda movie. Has the IRA going rogue, etc. all good stuff. I recommend it. The movie, not the IRA.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Watched "the foreigner" and was impressed. Jackie Chan has turned into a really decent actor. And it's not the Hong Kong over the top Kung fu kinda movie. Has the IRA going rogue, etc. all good stuff. I recommend it. The movie, not the IRA.
That was terrific. I didn't want to watch it at first because I thought it would be like every one of his other movies (which get old after a while).

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That was terrific. I didn't want to watch it at first because I thought it would be like every one of his other movies (which get old after a while).
I've always loved Jackie Chan movies. For me it started with Dragon Lord (1982).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZhWgcMRdPo

Unfortunately a big reason why his movies might seem to get old, has everything to do with how awful Hollywood is. They've ruined so many scenes that should be good with rubbish editing and camera cuts it's just sad. This video illustrates it well.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
We have been enjoying the Harlan Coben series' on Netflix - good whodunit shows

Finished The Stranger and Safe - both very good IMO, direction changes, cliffhangers and WTF moments that make them pretty good - each wraps up at the end of the series,

Started 'The Five' last night - different, but pretty good as well and has already gone in a different direction three episodes in

All worth the watch if you are running out of shows

Top Bottom