What are you watching on Netflix thread

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The Outsider is amazing. I think some people might get turned off because of the supernatural stuff that pops up, but I love it.
Yeah, I don't really like supernatural stuff unless done really well - and it's very grounded - like there seem to be defined rules, you just don't know what they are until revealed.

It's hard to describe the show cause I can't think of anything quite like it.

Tim_McD

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Quick rundown of the Netflix viewing queue...from Dec-to-date....

* Polar: Mads Mikklelsen's retired hitman striking back at the company who thinks his pension is too high

* The End of the F***king World: Odd little series about a boy who thinks that he might be a serial killer and the batcrap insane girl he falls for

* Dolemite is My Name: Eddie Murphy's tour-de-force return, outstanding

* 6 Underground: Ryan Reynolds action movie for Netflix...ok

* Lost in Space, season 2: I enjoy the series for what it is, way better than any network shows

* The Witcher: I was not familiar with the source material and the show's non-linear storytelling took me awhile to adjust to, but it was entertaining

* Diablero, Seasons 1 & 2: Mexican demon hunters, it is a fun watch...I prefer to watch in Spanish w/subtitles

* The Neighbor: What happens if a loser is given superpowers, Spanish w/subtitles

* Dracula: BBC mini-series, odd take but enjoyable

* Bodyguard: BBC mini-series about a cop w/PTSD getting involved w/political intrigue

* Bleach: Japanese teen given demon hunting powers by accident

* October Faction: Secret organization hunts supernatural beings - and the home life of two agents and their kids...all is not as it seems (of course....)

* Locke & Key: Family with supernatural linage returns home to the family's ancestral Mass home. Not bad, but heaps of PC story lines & diversity virtue signalling

* Ragnarok: The Old Gods and Monsters are alive and well in Norway...the modern battleground is the environment.

* Altered Carbon, Season 2: Very well done, I wasnt sure about the weaving of Season 1 and 2 plots and characters - but it worked

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Watched episodes 1-2 of Epic’s “War of the Worlds” which seems to be offered on prime as well. The first 30 minutes of ep1 was pretty slow but it was pretty good after that - 3 episodes up on prime and will jump into ep3 shortly - overall impressed and like it so far

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Watched episodes 1-2 of Epic’s “War of the Worlds” which seems to be offered on prime as well. The first 30 minutes of ep1 was pretty slow but it was pretty good after that - 3 episodes up on prime and will jump into ep3 shortly - overall impressed and like it so far
Is the whole season free? I'd never heard of it, will check it out, thanks!

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Just finished this season, much less bewbs. Way more into the world building. Mackie was impressive. Really wanted more of the Poe story at the end.
Bewbs seems to be a general come-on in series all over. Season 2 has significantly less. It makes me think less of them that they think so little of me to feel they need bewbies in order to get me to watch.

The one that comes to mind is Yellowstone. Holy crap. The English chick shows practically ALL in the first few episodes of Season 1. Then nothing. Funny is the writing was 10x better in S1 when she was naked than anything this season.

Either be naked or not. Don't treat me like some dolt to suck me in.

Roland Deschain

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I recently finished Season 2 of Altered Carbon. Complete letdown imo.... They f***ed everything up and it didn't have the feel of S1 whatsoever. Irritated

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Marriage Story was excellent. Adam Driver was nominated and deserved an Oscar, but the PC movement had to give it to Laura Dern, who can't act but her character is a champion for married women.

but Driver and Johansson are great and any mom or dad should really watch it.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
War of the Worlds was interesting- too much mourning of lost kids and stuff, I don't know if that's some British obligatory war is hell requirement or something but it detracts from an otherwise good story. If more than 3 episodes are free I'll watch but not worth paying for.

Top Bottom