What are you watching on Netflix thread

Jason Flare

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Quirky( in a good way). It’s hard to find something we both like, but this fit the bill.
Got any more?
I don’t know if you’ll both like it but if your looking for extremely quirky take a look at Middle Man.

Or, if you want really weird, we watched The Lobster last night.

As Mrs. Flare fondly said, “You know how to pick them.”

toekneepea

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of all the Marvel movies so far, the Thor movies have been the most disappointing. I never read Thor comics as a kid, but something tells me that in the comics he wasn't used as comic relief. I feel like the powers that be at Disney/Marvel think the guy is so powerful they need to turn him into a moron to even the playing field. That said, Ragnarok was probably the best of the lot when if comes to the Thor movies.
Wait, are you talking about the Thor: Ragnarok Marvel Movie, or the 6-episode series, just released on Netflix, that has nothing to do with Marvel?

I enjoyed the series.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I tried again to watch The Ranch. I made it 8 or 9 episodes and had to stop.

I mean, damn, Ashton. Do you want to portray EVERYONE on that show as a raging alcoholic???? It didn't have enough laughs to overcome the unnecessary swearing, drinking to excess and the d-hole father. It was like he wanted to make TSS but without censors. So he swears and drinks and gets into more serious situations. But the only nudity is his dumb ass. ROFL!!!!

It's got a lot going for it. But it never gelled. Oh, and Debra Winger is NOT cut out for sit-com work. She comes off very wooden.
We watched more than 8 episodes but not the whole thing. Gave up on it.

You’re pretty much spot on. Debra Winger, wooden. Her acting starts off badly and gets worse. I liked the father though but some of the times when he needed to lighten up he didn’t.

If you’re a fan stop reading.

They kill off Rooster because Danny Masterson who played him was accused by four or five women 15 years ago of something bad sexually. Police investigated and no charges filed (15 years ago) but Netflix fired him and killed him off because women need to be believed.
While I agree with much of this I am hooked on The Ranch. Even though it is somewhat like a train wreck. And I often wonder, "How much more stupid can some people act?"

Some people may not realize Dennis' comment that this show has it's roots in That Seventies Show. Kutcher and Masterson both came from there and they are slowly bringing much of the rest of the cast back for "guest" appearances.

I suppose I can write off this fascination as my one nod to "poor taste in TV".

added:

And then there's Sharon Lawrence:

Last edited:

yanquidog

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I don’t know if you’ll both like it but if your looking for extremely quirky take a look at Middle Man.

Or, if you want really weird, we watched The Lobster last night.

As Mrs. Flare fondly said, “You know how to pick them.”
That’s encouraging. I usually hear ” that’s 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back”
i.e. Straight To Hell

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am slogging through The Irishman and it's decent but it's the same old mob movie really. Don't get me wrong it's good and all, but the hype was higher than it's worth. Anyone else think so?

Edit: I've heard Narcos is really good but the sub-titles are annoying?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
its really old, but its new to me....Trailer Park Boys! How in the world have I not heard of this. Takes a season to warm up, but once they get the format down, i am laughing out loud multiple times per episode. I'm up to season 8 now.

I am slogging through The Irishman and it's decent but it's the same old mob movie really. Don't get me wrong it's good and all, but the hype was higher than it's worth. Anyone else think so?
Totally agree

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Binged Locke and Key while home sick.
Not bad, but nothing memorable about it.
I was waiting for an episode to explain the whole backstory but that never happened.

Better call Saul s.4

Lost in Space s2

Artie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I was waiting for an episode to explain the whole backstory but that never happened.
Watching this with the family in chunks, 2 or 3 episodes a day (February vacation). Not bad but haven't seen the last episode.

Also watching the Punisher, 2nd season. Surprised that it didn't get a 3rd season.

TrashcanDan

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Watching this with the family in chunks, 2 or 3 episodes a day (February vacation). Not bad but haven't seen the last episode.

Also watching the Punisher, 2nd season. Surprised that it didn't get a 3rd season.
I've been waiting for another season of the Punisher too. Pretty true to the comic books.
Also been waiting for and run of daredevil/ iron fist/ defenders, but doesn't look like that will happen.

silversquirrel

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just saw ep.1 of Beforeigners from HBO. Intersting concept. Reverse time travel where people from the past, like vikings and neanderthals, just show up in present day Oslo, with a whodunnit murder, for actual plot. Warning: subtitles.

Mattyweb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Better call Saul s.4

Lost in Space s2
We have been watching Locke and Key over break too. I mentioned at the beginning to the family that I was concerned Carlton cuse was associated with this. I am still pissed off about Lost. Not surprised to hear nothing is explained.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
anyone else see "YOU"?... about this "nice guy" serial killer who justifies his actions to himself.. just finished the series.. only 20 epsiodes.. season 3 coming in 2021.

JoeT

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've been waiting for another season of the Punisher too. Pretty true to the comic books.
Also been waiting for and run of daredevil/ iron fist/ defenders, but doesn't look like that will happen.
not going to see them on Netflix. Disney canceled all the marvel movies on Netflix. Any further seasons of marvel movies will be on Disney's new streaming playform

je25ff

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Lost in Space is a decent watch, but it's basically just calamity after calamity and unnecessary scenes that keep reminding us that they are a family. We get it already sheesh.

Finished The Outsider season 1. Awesome show, it's not even my kind of show just really well done.
The Outsider is amazing. I think some people might get turned off because of the supernatural stuff that pops up, but I love it.

Top Bottom