• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you watching on Netflix thread

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Just finished watching "Don't F*** with Cats" on Netflix. Really disturbing in parts.

The story of how a guy who abuses and kills animals on video becomes the subject of a massive online hunt by fanatical pet lovers. And he escalates to human murder. Interesting story. Seriously messed up guy. But there are parts that are pure evil...

What is really fascinating is how this group of folks got together on the internet to identify him and then help locate him. A bunch of animal lovers crowd sourced the problem and did figure out who he was.

But it is really disturbing in parts. You seriously will want to shoot your television. Watch only if you've got a tolerance for tv violence against humans and animals. It truly is effing disturbing. FYI lots of profanity too. Definitely not for kids.
I like the title but once I saw it was about animal abuse, I noped the eff out of that and wouldn't watch.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
There is a new stand up comedy show Ronny Chieng. Very funny. Who would have thought jokes about Amazon Prime or Japanese toilets could be so funny.

He does mention Trump once but is otherwise safe from TDS.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Episode 2 of Witcher. Meh. I'm not into this Flush of Thrones type stuff. I was barely into LOTR. It's just not my bag. I'm gonna give it 3 full episodes before bailing.

Watchmen on HBO ended interestingly. Although appears hard to run a 2nd season. Much like Westworld and a few more that are better as a single-season series. Sometimes you run out of good ideas too quickly.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Episode 2 of Witcher. Meh. I'm not into this Flush of Thrones type stuff. I was barely into LOTR. It's just not my bag. I'm gonna give it 3 full episodes before bailing.

Watchmen on HBO ended interestingly. Although appears hard to run a 2nd season. Much like Westworld and a few more that are better as a single-season series. Sometimes you run out of good ideas too quickly.
too much gratuitous stabbing in Witcher. It is trying too hard to be edgy. Also he hired to kill the girl, tells her so, then falls for her trying to seduce him? Really? But I'll give it time after weak 1st episode.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I gave up on witcher.

Wife and I finished Mindhunter. Both seasons. Awesome. I really hope they let Fincher continue. Apparently he has 5 seasons planned.

I'm gonna start Messiah tonight.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Finished Witcher. Strange ending. I get it’s an epic and such, but it wasn’t so much of a cliffhanger as part 8 of 20.

Tried Messiah. Too much of the chick looking hurt in the first 40 min and not enough plot. Also trying Dracula. Odd take on it. Basically a really long movie in 3 parts it seems.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finished Witcher. Strange ending. I get it’s an epic and such, but it wasn’t so much of a cliffhanger as part 8 of 20.
I'm 4 episodes in and it has not grabbed me. From the trailers this looked like it would be something right up my alley even though I never played the game or read the books but it's been a chore to get this far. Not sure I'm going to bother finishing the season.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Ran out of things to watch at lunch at work. Starting The Ranch from Episode 1. Not a great series, but OK. Ashton basically plays Michael and Foreman from That 70's Show and Sam Elliot is Donna Pensiotti. (Ever notice Donna was a douche of a girlfriend? And Elliot is the douche of a dad. Works!). Oh, and Hyde is still Hyde.

A few good laughs. It's shot well. Just not nearly as strong of a script as TSS or other shows. It'll do for a few weeks.

Oh, and at least in the first few episodes I've watched so far, Elliot and Winger, the veteran stars of the show, are TERRIBLE actors. Comedy like this is NOT their forte. Maybe they'll grow into it. It's like watching Elliot Gould act. Painful.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Finished Messiah last night. I thought it was great. Already looking forward to season 2.

Interestingly enough, it cycles around some of the recent conversations here lately re: Iran/Iraq/Syria etc, and what if the US actually closed down every base it had OCONUS and brought all of the troops back home.

Really thought it was a fantastic series, doesn’t push one religion over another, but instead shows the human flaws in all religions and people in general.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Finished Messiah last night. I thought it was great. Already looking forward to season 2.

Interestingly enough, it cycles around some of the recent conversations here lately re: Iran/Iraq/Syria etc, and what if the US actually closed down every base it had OCONUS and brought all of the troops back home.

Really thought it was a fantastic series, doesn’t push one religion over another, but instead shows the human flaws in all religions and people in general.
Thanks I was concerned the show had some leftist agenda, though I watched part of the first show and it seemed interesting. Glad to hear it's good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hadn't heard of this one. Trailer looks interesting. I will watch. Thanks.

73BLow

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Another +1 for Messiah. I need to spread the series I’m enjoying watching out over more nights. I swear I spend more time looking for shows I think I’ll like than actual watching time. Guess I’ll go pick up where I left off with the new Dracula.

frenchman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I liked Messiah a lot. But it's Netflix, you never know if they don't drop the show without warning. They got me twice so far, once with Marco Polo, and the other was Santa Clarita diet.

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have been watching The Man in the High Castle or as I call it The man at white castle. It does seem how the Jap's and Huns would have behaved if they had won. Season 1 is slow, 2-3 are just OK but season 4 rocks.

I still haven't gotten used to seeing Americans in SS Officer uniforms.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Also:

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't get through an entire episode of the Witcher. High production values and so much potential, but the acting was like watching paint dry. Same with the most recent season of the Crown, the new actors are wooden prunes, unwatchably boring.

minininjer

NES Door Greeter
NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lol I came to say Dracula and then read you guys are fallin' asleep watching it but I was the complete opposite! I was on the edge of my couch and really enjoyed it. They made an excellent choice on picking the actor to play Dracula too... he definitely LOOKS like Count Dracula 🧛‍♂️

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
lol I came to say Dracula and then read you guys are fallin' asleep watching it but I was the complete opposite! I was on the edge of my couch and really enjoyed it. They made an excellent choice on picking the actor to play Dracula too... he definitely LOOKS like Count Dracula 🧛‍♂️
Does he have long pointy canines?

ldi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Take it wi the grain of salt, I fell asleep practically at every movie I took the kids to - including the Polar express and every Star wars ones as well.
Even got elbowed for snoring.
LOL

Top Bottom