What are you watching on Netflix thread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In general - yes. But every once in a while a gem sneaks through, and by gem I mean Joker.
You want to talk about one that snuck through, watch 'Motherless Brooklynn' when it comes out. One of the best movies of the year made on a shoe string budget with A list actors who did it beacuse they believed in the project and didn't care about the paycheck. This movie should be in discussions for many Oscars but I'm hearing nothing.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody wants to be the guy that green-lights the next big budget flop for a studio. The whole industry in Hollywood is built on self-preservation. So they stick with as you said, low hanging, bankable fruit.
This is why major Hollywood productions suck, and Netflix is full of amazing stuff starring people you never heard of, produced by people you never heard of.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Great? No. Good? Sure. It’s a different story. Sheehan was a quiet enforcer for the mob and Teamsters. The book is really good.

But Deniro is definitely mailing it in. He’s old and too busy complaining about Trump. I’m surprised he didn’t get to do some aort of long speech about how corporate guys with orange skin shouldn’t be in charge of anything. Lol

Sauer Grapes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great? No. Good? Sure. It’s a different story. Sheehan was a quiet enforcer for the mob and Teamsters. The book is really good.

But Deniro is definitely mailing it in. He’s old and too busy complaining about Trump. I’m surprised he didn’t get to do some aort of long speech about how corporate guys with orange skin shouldn’t be in charge of anything. Lol
I just finished this...I've lost respect for Deniro, but I try to be partial to his acting. I agree he mailed this in.
Pesci and Pacino were good. I'd like to read the book, usually I read first before watching.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The book is nothing like the movie. It was 5-6 years ago that I read it, but it had so little to do with his family and such. It was almost all about his relationship with Hoffa, the Teamsters, the local in Jersey/PA and him whacking guys. And it never dealt with how he felt or acted. It was a somewhat unemotional recounting of events.

I haven't finished the movie, but the details so far are pretty spot-on.

Still a fascinating book. (I Heard You Paint Houses)

After that, you need to read the Iceman book: The Iceman by Anthony Bruno. Whoa! Another decent movie. SHOCKING book.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Finished it. The last hour dragged. Not sure Scorsese had a clue. He didn’t know how to end it. Could have wrapped it up in 10-15 min.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I saw The Mule on PPV a few months ago. One of the weaker Clint movies of the last 20 years. I just didn't care about his flower-loving, child-abandoning personality. He seemed like an old version of the dude in Bridges of Madison County. LOL

The new Ryan Reynolds movie comes out today on NF.

OOOHHH!!!!!! I'm 1/2 thru the Belichick/Saban thing on HBO. Fascinating stuff. Only about 80 minutes but very interesting. Old footage of Beli back in Cleveland. He's so young. And damn. He looks like he could still bench press the offensive line if required. Pam Anderson wishes for pecs like that. LOL

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Watched “The Confession Killer” limited series on NF last night. Awesome and fascinating how many twists this story takes.

From a crooked sheriff and Texas Rangers to a guy with an 86 IQ who murdered his mother and confessed to upwards of 600 murders all over the US. Two thumbs up on this series.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
What he said. Unbelievable what the Texas Rangers and others did to "solve" cases... WTF?

And this guy may have had an IQ of 86 but he had an incredible memory for some things. And that helped him get away with so many false confessions.

Watched “The Confession Killer” limited series on NF last night. Awesome and fascinating how many twists this story takes.

From a crooked sheriff and Texas Rangers to a guy with an 86 IQ who murdered his mother and confessed to upwards of 600 murders all over the US. Two thumbs up on this series.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This is why major Hollywood productions suck, and Netflix is full of amazing stuff starring people you never heard of, produced by people you never heard of.
Hmm, most of Netflix's original stuff is crap. They seem to have nice cinematography but suck otherwise. Stranger Things is the exception not the rule.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I saw The Mule on PPV a few months ago. One of the weaker Clint movies of the last 20 years. I just didn't care about his flower-loving, child-abandoning personality. He seemed like an old version of the dude in Bridges of Madison County. LOL

The new Ryan Reynolds movie comes out today on NF.

OOOHHH!!!!!! I'm 1/2 thru the Belichick/Saban thing on HBO. Fascinating stuff. Only about 80 minutes but very interesting. Old footage of Beli back in Cleveland. He's so young. And damn. He looks like he could still bench press the offensive line if required. Pam Anderson wishes for pecs like that. LOL
the Mule wasn't very good by Clint standards. I love the guy but the movie was meh.
Ryan Reynolds movie doesn't look good from the trailer. Let us know how it is :)

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
What he said. Unbelievable what the Texas Rangers and others did to "solve" cases... WTF?

And this guy may have had an IQ of 86 but he had an incredible memory for some things. And that helped him get away with so many false confessions.

Scary stuff.

Saw 6 whatever last night. Decent for an action flick. Think FastFurious or something like that. Not an award winner but decent.

What I want to know is how Blake Lively puts up with his crap 24/7. It’s funny in pieces but damn.

They should remake Waiting and have him in a Deadpool costume. I mean Jeremy Piven was that guy 25 years ago but he evolved.

Baby Billy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scary stuff.

Saw 6 whatever last night. Decent for an action flick. Think FastFurious or something like that. Not an award winner but decent.

What I want to know is how Blake Lively puts up with his crap 24/7. It’s funny in pieces but damn.

They should remake Waiting and have him in a Deadpool costume. I mean Jeremy Piven was that guy 25 years ago but he evolved.
Piven. Reynolds. Now that would be a good movie.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, most of Netflix's original stuff is crap. They seem to have nice cinematography but suck otherwise. Stranger Things is the exception not the rule.
I was speaking of their content, not their original productions.

There's a lot of great content there you would never find otherwise. Netflix may have just bought rights instead of producing it, but it's still there for you to enjoy.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Just finished watching "Don't F*** with Cats" on Netflix. Really disturbing in parts.

The story of how a guy who abuses and kills animals on video becomes the subject of a massive online hunt by fanatical pet lovers. And he escalates to human murder. Interesting story. Seriously messed up guy. But there are parts that are pure evil...

What is really fascinating is how this group of folks got together on the internet to identify him and then help locate him. A bunch of animal lovers crowd sourced the problem and did figure out who he was.

But it is really disturbing in parts. You seriously will want to shoot your television. Watch only if you've got a tolerance for tv violence against humans and animals. It truly is effing disturbing. FYI lots of profanity too. Definitely not for kids.

Top Bottom