What are you watching on Netflix thread

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“Under the Shadow of the Moon” - Sci-Fi murder/police drama. I thought it was excellent.

Killings happen every 9 yrs, with a Philly Detective starting in ‘76, he’s older each time it happens, chasing his tail trying to stop it while seemingly going insane along the way. Was blown away by the twists at the end.

Siscoll and cams give this 2 thumbs up.
Yes. It was rather predictable cop drama with a sci-fi twist, until the big reveal. I didn't see that coming.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
We finished the one season of Oak Hill Island that they had online, only to realize that there's more seasons that go on forever. Is it worth bit torrenting this stuff or otherwise obtaining the later seasons? Or are they just never going to find anything? How about they just strip mine the whole island until it is a giant hole in the ocean, with a dirt wall placed around it to keep the water out.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was a reasonable BB fan. I caught it all on Netflix and got totally frustrated in the first season or two. It was just long on non-important stuff and short on plot.

I dunno. I think I thought El Camino was going to be different than it was. In reality, it was very much like the series. Nothing was really formulaic or expected. So the cops. Him trashing the place looking for hte money. The ending. All was typical BB.

But I really thought they'd do something BIGGER for the final "battle" than what they did. In reality - it was very true to the show. But it's been 2-3 years since I watched an episode so I was in the wrong frame of mind.

YEAH SCIENCE!

(I was really thrown by the Jesse/Mike scene early on. You're talking about remember scenes from 3-4 years ago. I was all, "wait, isn't Mike dead?" It was very confusing for a bit. They didn't do enough to make some of the flashback scenes more flashbacky.)

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Unnatural Selection"

Ten thumbs up!

It's a documentary series about biohacking, CRISPR technology, and genome editing. No spoilers, but the true hero of the series is a blue collar guy from Mississippi who breeds mastiff dogs and also does DNA research in his backyard shed. He has no degrees, but is probably the best scientist, and definitely the most ethical of all the featured researchers.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Komisky Method Season 2 coming today, IIRC. Surprisingly good show. It's going to be hard to be that spontaneous in Season 2. We shall see. It's well produced. And top-notch talent. Fun short series.

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I've been watching the Netflix Marvel shows, Iron First, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones (she has such a cute fundament!), and DareDevil. Also watching The Defenders.

powerman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I'm hooked on Peaky Blinders (thanks to Andy's Leather).

I'm on S4E3. I'm sure I've missed some plot details, because I tend to watch Netflix while getting sleepy for bed, which means that now and then I have to go back a couple of episodes to find the first part that I don't remember seeing.

Well acted and written. Awesome music. Mostly good when it comes to period guns (quite a few British Bulldogs, a bunch of SMLEs), but a few errors. Nothing so egregious as modern Hollywood "click-clack" ever time a gun is drawn or pointed, though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not streaming yet but when 'Motherless Brooklyn' comes to Netflix, I cannot recommend it enough. Saw it Thursday night and can't stop thinking about it. It is probably the best movie in theatre's right now and nobody is talking about it. I think it's my favorite movie of 2019 right now.

I also saw Midway Thursday night and while I liked it, if given the choice to watch it again or the original one from the 70's, I would probably opt for the original.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a new iPhone 11, so I get a free year of the Apple TV+ service. So far I've only watched the elephant documentary (which was excellent), but it looks promising.

Shark_Cage

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I also saw Midway Thursday night and while I liked it, if given the choice to watch it again or the original one from the 70's, I would probably opt for the original.
Took the family to see Midway. Really liked it and the family liked it. Agree on the 70's movie being better but the visuals of this one were superb. Loved the dive-bombing footage.
Pretty accurate in terms of history

Top Bottom