What are you watching on Netflix thread

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I own a small software company. If technology was perfectly reliable and was organized and designed in a comprehensive manner I would have gone out of business decades ago.

God Bless Bill Gates and Microsoft!

:)

Um.

From MS-DOS to Windows 1.1 through Windows 10, I think I already have a pretty good idea, and it's ugly. The entire company bears the legacy of his chaotic mind.

sbi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm currently watching "The Spy". I didn't think I would like anything with Sacha Baron Cohen, but it's a seriously interesting historical drama.
Same here about Sacha Baron Cohen, but I enjoyed it. Of course, some minor details are incorrect, such as the TV sets, Israel did not have TV until 1966, Eli Cohen was executed in 1965.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Marianne, a well done horror show.
I'll have to check it out. I'm almost always disappointed in the horror genre, but never learn my lesson and keep watching.... Seems like 99% of horror flicks that actually have a good premise just wreck themselves with a shitty ending.

I liked Hill House on netflix, but again it kind of veered off course toward the end. The twist of who the Bent Neck Lady was was kind of cool, but then the way they ended it with the rest of the kids and parents and the apparent goal of the House was stupid and just ruined the story for me.

House of 1000 Corpses was almost the perfect horror/slasher/exploitation film ever but the decision to make Dr. Satan real at the end just undid the whole thing.

IT (original) awesome, right until giant spider. Stupid move.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I own a small software company. If technology was perfectly reliable and was organized and designed in a comprehensive manner I would have gone out of business decades ago.

God Bless Bill Gates and Microsoft!

:)
Why is networking still so hard? We have cars that can drive themselves and it's still an asspain to set up a shared drive.

Job security I guess.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

yogi

NES Member
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Watched the "The Spy"... good story telling and the cast was excellent and there was boobies :)

frenchman

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Between two ferns, the movie. It has some hilarious moments. To Keanu Reeves :
-do you research your characters?
-Yes...
-ever thought of researching a character who takes acting classes?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Over the Summer, I picked up a HBO Now subscription just to catch a few things. First season of True Detective was really really really good.

But I've been having a tough time with the rest of it.

Caught the first season of WestWorld. Pretty good. Too many characters. But decent writing. Ends in a pretty abrupt way. "Oh, well that's it then."

Nope. They sewed it back together like Dr. Frankenstein and pumped some serious electricity into it to milk another 10 episodes of it. What a waste. I kept hoping it would get better. Nope. It didn't. It kept going worse and worse left. Just a total waste of talent.

So if you are looking to watch WestWorld on a free trial, stop after the first season. You'll thank me later.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Finished The Spy a couple of days ago.

1. Sasha Baron Coen didn't walk funny for Borat. He just. . . walks funny. He walks like he doesn't know how.

2. I can't believe he pulled off a serious role.

3. It was a great show. Although the guy from The Amerikans's assistant was CONSTANTLY pregnant for 5 years. ???? Like CONSTANTLY. Every time she was on screen, she was pregnant. . . again. Hmmmmm.

4. I had to believe a lot of it was BS. . . . until the ned when they talked about the trees. That was teh most unbelievable thing he did and it was true. LOL

I liked it. Thumbs up.

73BLow

NES Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I’m hooked on HBO’s “Succession”. I watch it through Amazon prime. It’s speculated that it’s based on the Murdoch media empire family. Basically the battle for wealth and power among the father and children. It’s equally dramatic and funny. I have binged it up to being current and waiting for the new episode to drop each week.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I might have to try it.

Another Prime - Goliath. I found Season 1 a bit slow but good. Season 2 I stopped watching. It was PAINFULLY slow and they dragged out the whole situation with the poor kid.

Season 3 just dropped. I'm 3 episodes in. It's good. I like BBT. And with Dennis Quaid as the crazy man and Amy Brennerman (holy CRAP that's her???) as his dangerous sister, it's pretty good. I just would like more of his hot brunette assistant/prositute and less of the whiny bleach-blond babe. I don't like her that much.

GomerPile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just started watching the series Rotten. Did you know that the word Avacaddo originates from the Aztec word for testicles? Not sure what that makes guacamole :)

Interesting series.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
“Under the Shadow of the Moon” - Sci-Fi murder/police drama. I thought it was excellent.

Killings happen every 9 yrs, with a Philly Detective starting in ‘76, he’s older each time it happens, chasing his tail trying to stop it while seemingly going insane along the way. Was blown away by the twists at the end.

Siscoll and cams give this 2 thumbs up.

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
“Under the Shadow of the Moon” - Sci-Fi murder/police drama. I thought it was excellent.

Killings happen every 9 yrs, with a Philly Detective starting in ‘76, he’s older each time it happens, chasing his tail trying to stop it while seemingly going insane along the way. Was blown away by the twists at the end.

Siscoll and cams give this 2 thumbs up.
I agree - pretty decent and enjoyed watching it

Most of the way through the first season of 'Black Spot' and am enjoying it (in french so watching dubbed which is reasonably well done)

Watched the I-land with my wife over the past couple of weeks - meh - take it or leave it; ended sort of abruptly

One episode into 'Raising Dion' and thought it was pretty good to continue

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wrapped up Mindhunter, Seasons 1 and 2. It was outstanding.

Also saw the documentary "The Seven Five" on dirty cops in the NYPD 75th Precinct during the 80's & 90's. Very good as well.

Top Bottom