What are you watching on Netflix thread

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If you're a WWII buff and don't mind your blood boiling, Auschwitz series is amazing. Right up until you realize out of 7000 nazis who ran camp less than 100 were presecuted and no one spent more than 5 years in prison outside of those charged in international court because we let Germans prosecute their own people essentially letting Nazis judge Nazis.

You know, like how cops investigate themselves....

As a person who's family escaped Poland after invasion I try to learn everything I can about what my grandparents barely survived.
My Uncle was a paratrooper in WWII, he didn't say much about it, like he couldn't stand to have his feet be cold because of Bastogne, really freaked him out. One of the other things he mentioned is that after finding one of the camps, the rank and file were so incensed by what they saw, they just shot anyone in an SS uniform on sight, no exceptions, no prisoners. I would image many of those 7000 camp stooges are buried in shallow graves, if they were buried at all. About the only other comment he made was that he always hated Krauts/NAZI's for making him have to do the things he had to do, but they needed doing. True greatest generation shit.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I'm not sure if its on Netflix, but his videos are normally there... the latest Jim Gaffigan video is up on Amazon Prime. It is funny, and I officially certify his show to be free of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Bmcl322

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If you're a WWII buff and don't mind your blood boiling, Auschwitz series is amazing. Right up until you realize out of 7000 nazis who ran camp less than 100 were presecuted and no one spent more than 5 years in prison outside of those charged in international court because we let Germans prosecute their own people essentially letting Nazis judge Nazis.

You know, like how cops investigate themselves....

As a person who's family escaped Poland after invasion I try to learn everything I can about what my grandparents barely survived.
The Crimes of the British: "The Irish Genocide of 1845 -1852" Millions dead!! You & your people are not alone!! God bless your Grandparents & what they endured.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
They added some new decent movies to Netflix recently. Just noticed The Book of Eli, which was actually pretty good.

DO NOT watch Another Life with Katie Sackoff. She is good in it but the story and dialog is asinine.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I hope it's not a dupe, but: The Red Sea Diving Resort.

Based on the true store of the rescue of thousands of Ethiopian Jews through Sudan to Israel.

Do watch. It's excellent.

I wasn't a fan. It seemed like "Argo on the Ocean." I wasn't invested in any of the characters half-way in so I stopped watching. It's a great story. I just didn't need it told by Captain America.

Finished season 2 of Mindhunters. Very good.

Now watching season 2 of The Confession Tapes. The corruption and ineptitude of the police is just shocking.
I'm about 4 episodes in on MH. I was worried that I was TRYING to like the show last year. I've seen a ton of series since it was last on. And most of them I'm looking at my watch wondering when s-word was gonna happen. Not so with Mindhunter. Very well done and every scene is vitally important and interesting.

Interesting the take on people they can't possibly catch during the series. BTK. Atlanta kid killer. It's not your typical "gotta catch em before Episode 8!" type crime show. And I love Bill. He was the "His name was Robert Paulson" guy in Fight Club.

MarlboroughMan

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not Netflix, but City on a Hill on Showtime was very good. Loosely based on the FBI and crime and corruption in Boston in the early 90's. Kevin Bacon does a nice job as the twisted lead FBI character. Just heard they renewed for a second season.

Dip Dungles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
QB1 Beyond the Lights - Great documentary on the life of star QB1's from across the country as they make it through their Senior year and who they commit to come college time.

Peaky Blinders - My wife got me into this mainly because she couldn't understand a damn thing they said, but after watching the first two seasons I'm hooked.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Red Sea Diving Resort - interesting story. not sure it needed to be movie drama. I stopped about 1/3 into it after starting to think it was some of the propaganda crap from the Obama's influence.

Mindhunters - We liked the series. grew up in the 70s so a lot of the cars, music, props, clothing is cool. 2nd season dragged a little, but you couldn't make a multi season show based off the content of the first season. Skipped over the lesbo content. was this really necessary for the show? if so, show some tatas. more Obama content

Better than us - 2 episodes in pretty good. the future tech displayed is nice. had to turn on English audio.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Red Sea Diving Resort - interesting story. not sure it needed to be movie drama. I stopped about 1/3 into it after starting to think it was some of the propaganda crap from the Obama's influence.
What??? A movie based on a true story of Israel helping smuggle Ethiopian Jews out of Sudan is Obama influence propaganda? What are you talking about?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What??? A movie based on a true story of Israel helping smuggle Ethiopian Jews out of Sudan is Obama influence propaganda? What are you talking about?
In 2018 Netflix added Susan Rice ex UN ambassador for Obama to the Board of Directors. Then Netflix announced a short time later a deal where Oblunder and Chewy would produce content. There has been a lot more SJW crap added since that time.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I know at least two people involved in the new show “hyperdrive”. It looks pretty good. As far as American ninja warrior, but in cars. I’m told there will be two more seasons.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The new Dave Chappelle special is out. It's very non-PC, anti-SJW, offensive, has lefties all freaked out, and hilarious. He actually jokes about Michael Jackson banging kids and defends Louis CK fapping on himself in front of other people. Don't watch it, it is hilarious!

If you watch until the final credits end, it automatically starts playing another 25 minute bonus segment that you otherwise can't find.

Last edited:

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The new Dave Chappelle special is out. It's very non-PC, anti-SWJ, offensive, has lefties all freaked out, and hilarious. He actually jokes about Michael Jackson banging kids and defends Louis CK fapping on himself in front of other people. Don't watch it, it is hilarious!

If you watch until the final credits end, it automatically starts playing another 25 minute bonus segment that you otherwise can't find.
Glad he's back performing, seemed like he had a hiatus.

johnnymac101

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Saw it last night, very funny! He's got some hilarious insight on a few social issues- like his reference to "alphabet people" in a car on a road trip!

The new Dave Chappelle special is out. It's very non-PC, anti-SJW, offensive, has lefties all freaked out, and hilarious. He actually jokes about Michael Jackson banging kids and defends Louis CK fapping on himself in front of other people. Don't watch it, it is hilarious!

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Longmire is good.
My son bought us a smart tv a few months back and he has a Netflix subscription. I've been using it lately to watch Longmire from the start, at least one episode a night. I'm at the point where Henry goes to jail.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The new Bill Burr comedy show is out. It's pretty funny, will be offensive to SJW's and feminists, and probably contains the F word more times per minute than any other comedian I ever watched. And best part, it is certified free of Trump Derangement Syndrome. And, this was in London... hopefully this isn't the end of his career.

Top Bottom