1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

What are you watching on Netflix thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by typedc5, Jan 17, 2015.

1. beaker

beaker NES Member

My Uncle was a paratrooper in WWII, he didn't say much about it, like he couldn't stand to have his feet be cold because of Bastogne, really freaked him out. One of the other things he mentioned is that after finding one of the camps, the rank and file were so incensed by what they saw, they just shot anyone in an SS uniform on sight, no exceptions, no prisoners. I would image many of those 7000 camp stooges are buried in shallow graves, if they were buried at all. About the only other comment he made was that he always hated Krauts/NAZI's for making him have to do the things he had to do, but they needed doing. True greatest generation shit.

BigEd, EddieA, Palladin and 2 others like this.

2. Tim_McD

Tim_McD NES Member

upload_2019-8-18_14-47-18.jpeg

Junior314 likes this.
  3. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

I hope it's not a dupe, but: The Red Sea Diving Resort.

Based on the true store of the rescue of thousands of Ethiopian Jews through Sudan to Israel.

Do watch. It's excellent.

TOY539 and EddieA like this.
  4. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I'm not sure if its on Netflix, but his videos are normally there... the latest Jim Gaffigan video is up on Amazon Prime. It is funny, and I officially certify his show to be free of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

5. Bmcl322

Bmcl322 NES Member

The Crimes of the British: "The Irish Genocide of 1845 -1852" Millions dead!! You & your people are not alone!! God bless your Grandparents & what they endured.

6. beaker

beaker NES Member

They added some new decent movies to Netflix recently. Just noticed The Book of Eli, which was actually pretty good.

DO NOT watch Another Life with Katie Sackoff. She is good in it but the story and dialog is asinine.

Prepper likes this.
  7. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

Finished season 2 of Mindhunters. Very good.

Now watching season 2 of The Confession Tapes. The corruption and ineptitude of the police is just shocking.

8. Palladin

Palladin NES Member

Breaking Bad.

Never watched it before. Love it

KBCraig and Hetzer like this.
  9. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I wasn't a fan. It seemed like "Argo on the Ocean." I wasn't invested in any of the characters half-way in so I stopped watching. It's a great story. I just didn't need it told by Captain America.

I'm about 4 episodes in on MH. I was worried that I was TRYING to like the show last year. I've seen a ton of series since it was last on. And most of them I'm looking at my watch wondering when s-word was gonna happen. Not so with Mindhunter. Very well done and every scene is vitally important and interesting.

Interesting the take on people they can't possibly catch during the series. BTK. Atlanta kid killer. It's not your typical "gotta catch em before Episode 8!" type crime show. And I love Bill. He was the "His name was Robert Paulson" guy in Fight Club.

10. MarlboroughMan

MarlboroughMan NES Member

Not Netflix, but City on a Hill on Showtime was very good. Loosely based on the FBI and crime and corruption in Boston in the early 90's. Kevin Bacon does a nice job as the twisted lead FBI character. Just heard they renewed for a second season.

11. Hetzer

Hetzer NES Member

And you get to fast forward through or ignore all of the Skyler scenes for an added bonus.

I don’t know if you’re through it yet but you won’t be disappointed with how it ends.

Dennis in MA and Palladin like this.
  12. Dip Dungles

Dip Dungles NES Member

QB1 Beyond the Lights - Great documentary on the life of star QB1's from across the country as they make it through their Senior year and who they commit to come college time.

Peaky Blinders - My wife got me into this mainly because she couldn't understand a damn thing they said, but after watching the first two seasons I'm hooked.

13. Stryker

Stryker NES Member

Four shows into "Better than us" on Netflix - Russian series on robots/androids in the future - decent so far

14. Tweed

Tweed

Red Sea Diving Resort - interesting story. not sure it needed to be movie drama. I stopped about 1/3 into it after starting to think it was some of the propaganda crap from the Obama's influence.

Mindhunters - We liked the series. grew up in the 70s so a lot of the cars, music, props, clothing is cool. 2nd season dragged a little, but you couldn't make a multi season show based off the content of the first season. Skipped over the lesbo content. was this really necessary for the show? if so, show some tatas. more Obama content

Better than us - 2 episodes in pretty good. the future tech displayed is nice. had to turn on English audio.

15. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Well... horny pregnant Skyler wants it from behind was a good scene. ;)

Hetzer likes this.
  16. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

What??? A movie based on a true story of Israel helping smuggle Ethiopian Jews out of Sudan is Obama influence propaganda? What are you talking about?

beaker likes this.
  17. Tweed

Tweed

In 2018 Netflix added Susan Rice ex UN ambassador for Obama to the Board of Directors. Then Netflix announced a short time later a deal where Oblunder and Chewy would produce content. There has been a lot more SJW crap added since that time.

Jason Flare likes this.
  18. Spanz

Spanz NES Member

I DID like the ending!
    :)

Hetzer likes this.
  19. widnerkj

widnerkj

So I know at least two people involved in the new show “hyperdrive”. It looks pretty good. As far as American ninja warrior, but in cars. I’m told there will be two more seasons.

20. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

The new Dave Chappelle special is out. It's very non-PC, anti-SJW, offensive, has lefties all freaked out, and hilarious. He actually jokes about Michael Jackson banging kids and defends Louis CK fapping on himself in front of other people. Don't watch it, it is hilarious!

If you watch until the final credits end, it automatically starts playing another 25 minute bonus segment that you otherwise can't find.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  21. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

Glad he's back performing, seemed like he had a hiatus.

Prepper likes this.
  22. johnnymac101

johnnymac101 NES Member

Saw it last night, very funny! He's got some hilarious insight on a few social issues- like his reference to "alphabet people" in a car on a road trip!

Prepper likes this.
  23. drumenigma

drumenigma NES Member

The new Chappelle special was great. He goes for the SJW jugular right at the beginning.

24. xtry51

xtry51

My wife and I just finished Chernobyl on Amazon. It was awesome.

25. Them Apples

Them Apples NES Member

Peaky Blinders is fantastic!! Almost through the first 4 seasons and they're only 6 episode seasons.

whalerman69 likes this.
  26. rep308

rep308 NES Member

Dave Chappelle's Sticks and Stones, very funny and about as edgy as you will find today

JRT likes this.
  27. FPrice

FPrice Retired Zoomie NES Life Member NES Member

My son bought us a smart tv a few months back and he has a Netflix subscription. I've been using it lately to watch Longmire from the start, at least one episode a night. I'm at the point where Henry goes to jail.

28. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

HBO, maybe? I didn't know HBO released any new content to Amazon since their first foray back. . . . 3-4 years ago.

You can watch HBO content on Amazon with a HBO login.

29. xtry51

xtry51

Nope. You can buy the episodes on Amazon without HBO subscription.

30. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

The new Bill Burr comedy show is out. It's pretty funny, will be offensive to SJW's and feminists, and probably contains the F word more times per minute than any other comedian I ever watched. And best part, it is certified free of Trump Derangement Syndrome. And, this was in London... hopefully this isn't the end of his career.

Jason Flare likes this.