What are you watching on Netflix thread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
History Channel instead of Netflix... I just finished watching the documentary 'Game Changers: Inside the Video Game Wars'. It was good and worth watching IMO. I have two complaints though. First, they completely omitted the impact that Intellivision and Colecovision had on the market place in the early 80's. Both of these systems, in addition to offering better graphics than the Atari 2600 also attempted to capitalize on the budding personal computer market. Instead, this doc. had you believe that there was no viable competition to Atari until Nintendo came onto the scene in the late 80's which is just not true. My second complaint was that this doc. being released in 2019 only covers the industry until the release of the Sony Play Station. They completely ignored how the market has changed in the almost 30 years since the first Play Station was released. This documentary is incomplete at best but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
History Channel instead of Netflix... I just finished watching the documentary 'Game Changers: Inside the Video Game Wars'. It was good and worth watching IMO. I have two complaints though. First, they completely omitted the impact that Intellivision and Colecovision had on the market place in the early 80's. Both of these systems, in addition to offering better graphics than the Atari 2600 also attempted to capitalize on the budding personal computer market. Instead, this doc. had you believe that there was no viable competition to Atari until Nintendo came onto the scene in the late 80's which is just not true. My second complaint was that this doc. being released in 2019 only covers the industry until the release of the Sony Play Station. They completely ignored how the market has changed in the almost 30 years since the first Play Station was released. This documentary is incomplete at best but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.
I have noticed how all historical stuff about gaming systems forgets Colecovision. I got that after Atari and it was not obscure or uncommon at the time, and way better than the Atari. Now if they want to forget stuff, forget weird stuff like the Adam.... Never met anyone who had one of those.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Second season of Dark just dropped.

Not Netflix, and I almost never watch regular TV other than sports, but if what National Geographic has been showing lately is what they usually show, it’s pretty awesome. They just showed a snow leopard tackle an ibex (I think) off the side of a cliff in the Himalayas. They both fell like 200 feet and then bounced down the mountain another few hundred feet. The snow leopard held on the whole way, killed it, ate it, and walked away. The footage rivaled the best scenes from Planet Earth, which was spectacular.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
"Black Mirror" has jumped the shark and landed in the crapper. Three awful episodes in this last lame season.
Couldn't even get through the first (worst) one, bailed out half way through.
Other two are painful to watch, hoping they would redeem themselves in the end, didn't happen.
Sad, money is payed to these losers to produce time wasting shit.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Black Mirror" has jumped the shark and landed in the crapper. Three awful episodes in this last lame season.
Couldn't even get through the first (worst) one, bailed out half way through.
Other two are painful to watch, hoping they would redeem themselves in the end, didn't happen.
Sad, money is payed to these losers to produce time wasting shit.
watching the box will finish tonight cameron diaz is excellent. a movie that is riveting and keeps you on the edge

radioman

NES Member
Rating - 96%
24   1   0
Prime has —America the Story of us—-

I’ve seen it before but definitely worth watching again.

It’s great to see Trump and others making comments in 2010.

Not knowing that Trump will be president on 6yrs!

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finished Stranger Things 3. No spoilers, but some of the things at the end were a surprise.

They left room for future seasons, but probably with a next generation. Most of the "kids" have grown up and are moving on.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I finished Stranger Things 3. No spoilers, but some of the things at the end were a surprise.

They left room for future seasons, but probably with a next generation. Most of the "kids" have grown up and are moving on.
I haven't started season 3 yet. Rewatching 1 and 2 before I start that. I actually thought the ending to season 2 was perfect. It was satisfying if it was the series finale, everything was wrapped up but it left you with the idea that things can still happen. Hoping season 3 lives up to my expectations.

Hetzer

NES Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I watched another episode of Black Summer, hoping by some miracle that it wouldn’t suck but it didn’t happen.

Some idiot was hiding out, climbing onto a roof and doing everything wrong that he possibly could including running away from people with guns that shot a zombie coming after him and then standing in the middle of the road, yelling, finding a car, with keys, that turned over, which he gave up on after one try, grabbing an ax, trying to swing it and getting it caught up in equipment and then when some guy shoots the second zombie off of him within ten minutes, he gets hurt and the idiot bashed him over the head and the credits roll.

The writer needs such a punch in the face.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I haven't started season 3 yet. Rewatching 1 and 2 before I start that. I actually thought the ending to season 2 was perfect. It was satisfying if it was the series finale, everything was wrapped up but it left you with the idea that things can still happen. Hoping season 3 lives up to my expectations.
We're liking Season 3 a lot so far, 3 episodes in.

I'd bet money that Season 4 will be made and will have the same cast. Too big a money maker for Netflix.

VetteGirlMA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I am most of the way into season 3 and so far it's really good. It's a lot darker than previous seasons but also very enjoyable as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched Stranger Things s3 as well, i liked it alot, lots more humor i thought!!
Did anyone else notice the Tokarev rounds were stopped on soft body armor?

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Last Czars: lots of questionable history presented as fact, but a decent fast-and-dirty overview of the end of the monarchy.

The accents are horrible.

Still worth a watch if you have nothing better to do.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mrs Warpig and I enjoyed Happy Valley - English police woman in the countryside. Enjoyed it.
Same actress was in Last Tango in Halifax, so we watched that. Much lighter drama/comedy mix that was enjoyable, but was not as good as Happy Valley.

Favorite English show is still Catastrophe on Amazon.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I was in the mood to watch filmen auf Deutsch, I randomly picked "Perfume" ("Parfum"). It's a pretty bizarre sex crime drama series.

And because my German is very rusty but I generally hate subtitles, I keep switching between no subtitles, German closed captions, and English subtitles. I find that I argue with the German captions just as much as the English translations (too many idioms that could be direct translations), I'm running about 50/50 without any captions at all.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

I canceled Netflix two months ago and switched to Prime. Better content.
I was palling in doing one random month once Stranger Things dropped, but feel like I would binge the $hit out of it over a crappy winter weekend so I’ll wait for now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I canceled Netflix two months ago and switched to Prime. Better content.
I was palling in doing one random month once Stranger Things dropped, but feel like I would binge the $hit out of it over a crappy winter weekend so I’ll wait for now.
Prime has so little to watch. Really.

I subscribe for the Shipping.

But bingeing is smart.

We love Star Trek Discovery. So obviously we wait until the full season airs, and then subscribe to CBS for a month.

Top Bottom