What are you watching on Netflix thread

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The new ‘season’ of Black Mirror is out. It’s only three episodes, I guess because the time it took to produce Bandersnatch.

I’ve seen the first two episodes. I think the first one was one or the weakest of the series. The second one however was quite good, and I felt was much more like the Black Mirror I’ve come to expect, compared to the previous episode.

Reactions: ldi

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am about finished with binge watching the 7 seasons of West Wing. Lots of great dialog and some real funny lines.

Lilyhamer and Longmire are in my que as well.

Last edited:

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Season 2 of Bad Blood is up. Great series. Very well done.
Does it get good? I tried the first 2 episodes of the first season and couldn't get into it.

Right now I'm paying to watch Season 1 of Counterpart. I'm a big JK Simmons fan so that's why I'm watching. If it was anyone else, I'd be done with it by now. I'm 4.5 episodes in and just hope he kills everyone and moves on in the next episode or two. Too full of itself, maybe, the show, that is. Too German? I dunno. Just not ringing well with me.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
The first season starts out a bit slow but when you get to the end it's a "Holy Shit" moment.

The second season has me on the edge of my seat. Great show!

A lot of the show involves the main character, Declan, and his personal side versus his gangster side. He's very caring for those who he likes. And the rest he does not think twice about blowing them away.

And he's VERY strategic in his thinking. His planning is amazing. And he can read people really well.

Great show!

Does it get good? I tried the first 2 episodes of the first season and couldn't get into it.

Right now I'm paying to watch Season 1 of Counterpart. I'm a big JK Simmons fan so that's why I'm watching. If it was anyone else, I'd be done with it by now. I'm 4.5 episodes in and just hope he kills everyone and moves on in the next episode or two. Too full of itself, maybe, the show, that is. Too German? I dunno. Just not ringing well with me.

hminsky

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
The Imitation Game. Great fictionalized account of Alan Turing. Not sure all of it was necessarily true - the historic part. Cracking Enigma by knowing words already in the messages - well Heil and Hitler were in EVERY FREAKING MESSAGE and it took them a year to figure that out in the movie. ????

But BenBatch plays a great Asperger genius. Whatshername from POTC was good as well. And Oz from Watchmen was good. As well as the cast of "supporting" characters - chiefly the amazing Mark Strong.
What I read was that it was the weather report that helped break the code ; the nazi's asked all their submarines and ships to send
a weather report every morning, and it contained the word "weather" or something. Not only did the allies decode their messages, they got accurate weather reports for their own use!

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I reluctantly started watching The Office. It's funny, but holy shit I cringe almost every single time Michael speaks or does anything.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I reluctantly started watching The Office. It's funny, but holy shit I cringe almost every single time Michael speaks or does anything.
It gets better as Michael becomes likeable. 1st season was not our favorite.

It gets awesome later on, great supporting cast.

Last edited:

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
What I read was that it was the weather report that helped break the code ; the nazi's asked all their submarines and ships to send
a weather report every morning, and it contained the word "weather" or something. Not only did the allies decode their messages, they got accurate weather reports for their own use!
That's what they say in the movie. They needed 3 words. After they read the first old decrypted transmission, I said, "well, they know just about every message ends in Heil Hitler - so they've got that to start on. . . " 20 min later, they figure it out in the film. I'm betting it was a lot more obvious than it was portrayed.

Stryker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The Danish (?) series "The Rain" has a second series - watched a couple of episodes and not too bad

The dubbing isn't as good as watching it subtitled IMHO (the dubbing seems to be fairy impersonal and detracts a bit from the show)

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am slowly making it through Criminal Minds. It can be corny, and some of the writing went full retard, but it's a decent watch for the most part. It's funny to be watching these episodes where everyone has a flip phone.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Rim of the world was pretty good in a nostalgia, amblin movie, meets goonies / throwback to all the 80’s kid adventure movies. With lots of nods to the old movies.
Me and the boy watched it last night (all the way through). Some of that movie was friggen hilarious. Decent escapism.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We loved the entire "Morse" series starring John Thaw. It's an extremely well written detective series set near Oxford. He drives an old Jag. He is that actor with the right leg that was affected by polio when he was a kid. Unfortunately he died at the end of making "Morse" but we were thrilled to find another shorter series he made called Kavanagh, QC

Kavanagh, QC - Google Search

So many shows from the late 90s seem dated but you would be hard pressed to say that with this one. It's very well done. And, you get to learn a bit more about how British jurisprudence works. It's not like our system at all. Now we've exhausted our shows with John Thaw in them so he'll fade into history as new shows like "Endeavor" coming on this month. Endeavor is a show that depicts Morse in his very early years on the force. Also extremely well done.

dans

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
We loved the entire "Morse" series starring John Thaw. It's an extremely well written detective series set near Oxford.
We loved the Morse series as well. The follow on Inspector Lewis was pretty good too. The Endeavor series prequel is a little taxing. Too few episodes per season.

CoastieRon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I watched Netflix for the first time last night only because my daughter has it. She put on "The Highwaymen". It's about Texas Rangers Frank Hamer and Maney Gault. They're 2 of the group of lawmen who killed Bonnie & Clyde in Louisiana.
I watched that one a few weeks ago. I thought it was pretty well done.

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile. Wow...Zach Effron is sinister and Lily Collins nails the angst of Liz Kloepfer as well. The more you look in to her real life character the less cute and innocent (which is how the film portrays her) she seems to be.

Now I want to watch the 4 hours of interview tapes.

These serial killer biographies make me happy to have some protection at home.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am about finished with binge watching the 7 seasons of West Wing. Lots of great dialog and some real funny lines.

Lilyhamer and Longmire are in my que as well.
Even though the politics of that show is completely eff'ed up, it's a good watch for the writing. I started Longmire and while I think it's good, it hasen't pulled me in like it has for others. I'm taking my time with it.

Top Bottom