1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

What are you watching on Netflix thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by typedc5, Jan 17, 2015.

1. LoginName

LoginName NES Member

As someone who was heavily into the music/rock/club scene at the time, I loved it.

Not nearly as well produced as 'Bohemian Rhapsody', but given budgeting constraints (it does look more like a made for TV

production than a Hollywood movie), I thought this was more entertaining and relevant to me.

Now I have to re-watch it on my 65" LED TV with surround sound. [rockon]

2. Broomcorn

Broomcorn

I enjoyed it as well. Thought they did an incredible job of making almost everything look period correct for the budget they had to work with. They included stuff from the book that I never thought would have made it in like the David Lee Roth scene. But they also left some things out that I thought there was no way would get left out. Biggest omission imo being Tommy in prison. They did a good job of showing the shit the other 3 had to deal with and not addressing Tommy's prison time was a huge omission. Had one minor nit to pick about one of Mick's guitars not being period correct but it's really minor and I bet most people familiar with guitars will not notice it. Definitely going to watch it again.

3. JoeT

JoeT

the new season starts on AMC Monday night

CoastieRon likes this.
  4. JoeT

JoeT

I watched The Dirt today. It was ok... the bad lip-syncing really bothered me

5. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

I watched the new Nate Bargatze stand-up comedy. Funny guy, and also surprisingly clean... no naughty words or talking about his wiener or whatever.

And, best yet:

[​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

6. russiandressing

russiandressing NES Member

We just finished The Umbrella Academy. Pretty good, definitely unique. It left me wanting a season 2.

JGreen, warpig and CoastieRon like this.
  7. Mr. Brownstone

Mr. Brownstone NES Member

Loved The Dirt!!!

That is all.

warpig likes this.
  8. 01906

01906 NES Member

Longmire it takes 6 or 7 episodes that really starts to get good.

MarlboroughMan and Jason Flare like this.
  9. Jason Flare

Jason Flare NES Member

Very true.

At first they seemed like individual episodes without a lot in common and then they really got going on a story line.

It carries a good story line all the way through to the end.

The other thing is that all the characters had likeable qualities. Even the bad guys.

I really liked that.

TLB, MarlboroughMan and 01906 like this.
  10. CrossFaced

CrossFaced

Weapon of Choice... not sure if it’s been brought up yet. It’s a documentary on Netflix.

It’s about Glock firearms and it’s social impact on society. Talks about its use by everyone from the police to gang bangers. Also talked a bit about the murder attempt on Gaston Glock. Some pro and some anti talk. Overall I thought it was pretty interesting.

11. jason19711971

jason19711971 NES Member

12. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

I'm 1 episode away from ending Hap & Leonard Season 3. Damn. It's only 6 episodes a season. Michael K Williams is a big fav of mine. Season 3 seems to be better than the other 2 even.

Every time I watch I realize how well written this show is. Williams is great. The other guy - looks too much like Mel Gibson but is a good actor as well.

It's gotten SO little press being on Sundance for 3 years. (Which is an AMC product. So you AMC series fans. . . . ) For 18 40-min episodes, it's a great take.

13. TrackDayRdr

TrackDayRdr NES Member

The dirt was the worst acted poorest directed piece of shit on Netflix. Did I love Motley Crue? Yup! Saw them a pile of times and got a kick out of the stories of the debauchery but that movie was just piss poor.

45collector likes this.
  14. 45collector

45collector NES Member

Freebeer and Hotwings were talking about that the other morning. I haven't really paid much attention to aging 80's rock stars, but holy shit have you seen or heard Vince Neil in whatever live performance video is going around? WTFuuuuuuuuuuck you can't even understand the lyrics and the guy looks like he's about to die.

warpig likes this.
  15. CrossFaced

CrossFaced

I saw that Vince Neil vid. It was so bad I’m not even sure it’s real.

45collector likes this.
  16. Broomcorn

Broomcorn

Vince always was the weak link in the band. He was hired more for his looks than his voice. Even when he was thin he was out of shape. He couldn't run from one side of a stage to the other without having to clip or skip words. Motley Crue was maybe the first band to experiment with tuning down a whole step which made their sound way more heavy but I'm 100% positive they didn't do it for this reason. I think they did it to compensate for Vince's limited vocal range.

17. 45collector

45collector NES Member

It's like if David Spade were horribly overweight, greasy-faced and trying his hardest to sing after a big hit of helium.

CrossFaced likes this.
  18. 73BLow

73BLow NES Member

I really enjoyed all 3 seasons. Disappointed there are no plans for a fourth.

Trying to wrap up Hemlock Grove now so I can start season 2 of The OA.

19. M1911

M1911 Moderator NES Member

I haven’t found much worth watching on Netflix these days. Bodyguard was good, but not much since then.

20. JoeT

JoeT

Just started watching "The Unit" on Amazon Prime. I don't remember the guy from Allstate commercials being on a TV show about elite/secret Army Rangers when the series ran on TV

21. M1911

M1911 Moderator NES Member

I watched The Highwaymen last night. That was pretty good. You will enjoy the scene when Kevin Costner goes shopping for guns.

22. Broomcorn

Broomcorn

I enjoyed the first couple seasons when it was on. As I recall the final season got a little silly (think '24' type plots) as I re-call. Probably got cancelled at the perfect time before it really slid downhill. It's also pretty impressive how just about every main cast member on that show seems to get a ton of work. Someone from that show is always popping up on other shows or movies.

Shark_Cage likes this.
  23. Bonesinium

Bonesinium NES Member

This exactly. First two seasons were great. It then when downhill and became just dumb. It seems a lot of shows in the quest for character development just turn into soap operas.

M1911 likes this.
  24. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain NES Member

Recently binge watched The OA 2nd season. I got hooked on the first season... It's a bit weird, but I can't stop watching it.

25. JoeT

JoeT

I don't remember seeing Abby Brammell in anything else
    [​IMG]

26. warpig

warpig

Liked The Dirt a lot. No idea how they are still alive.....

Umbrella Academy was good, but not great. Enjoyed Sex Education a ton - really well written humor and acting. Watching Catastrophe on Prime and tons of laugh out loud moments.

My big complaint, especially with Netflix, is the horrible job they do on the TV apps telling us what new content is being released. I bet Disney will do a better job promoting upcoming content when they release their streaming service.

27. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

I started watching it. The modern terminology doesn't match up. I could forgive the steel T-posts, but the 5 gallon plastic bucket for pouring molds was just a little too anachronistic for 1934.

edit: Oh, and the plastic shotgun hulls. Not in 1934.

(This is why I'm no fun to watch any movie that involves military history or firearms. Except for Saving Private Ryan.)

Jason Flare likes this.
  28. Quiggy

Quiggy NES Member

Just finished season one of "Killing Eve" on Amazon. Enjoyed it.

29. Hetzer

Hetzer NES Member

Just watched The Silence and the first episode of Black Summer.

Don't do that.

The Silence (flying creatures) had Stanley Tucci and Miranda Otto in it but fell flat. Just bad writing and a weak premise but some of you might like it, who knows.

Black Summer (zombies) substituted good writing for people running around like idiots, stopping only to act like idiots. To my dismay, the Asian chick with the bobble head and gaping maw is still alive. It did have a few surprise moments which...,surprised me. I may give the next episode a watch. I may also regret doing that.

Netflix needs to hire adult writers with some clue as to how humans act and react to one another.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  30. Drix

Drix

Oh, that show can f*** right off.

Just finished Jericho which I liked a lot, Travelers is pretty good, as are Santa Clarita diet, Meat Eater, Altered Carbon, Dark Matter, and of course Five Came Back.