NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReMastered: The Two Killings of Sam Cooke

If you're a fan of music, you'll love it. If you're a fan of justice, you'll be pissed.

I was vaguely aware of Sam Cooke's major hits on "white" pop radio charts. I wasn't at all familiar with his "black music" side.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Agree with previous post about Annihilation ending. 80% of movie great. Last 20% ruined the entire idea.

Watched Chernobyl Diaries last night. Suspense/Horror. Worth the entertainment for a B movie.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As I'm typing this, I am 5 minutes into "Behind the Curve". It's a documentary about flattards! My IQ is dropping by the second! The dumb!! It burns!! I'm actually not sure I'm going to survive 1.5 hours of this... if you never see me post again, you know what happened.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
As I'm typing this, I am 5 minutes into "Behind the Curve". It's a documentary about flattards! My IQ is dropping by the second! The dumb!! It burns!! I'm actually not sure I'm going to survive 1.5 hours of this... if you never see me post again, you know what happened.

I mead it throo 25 mee nuts of it... Gav up.. Not feiling wel....

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'm trying to watch the first episode of the Mossad documentary. Very poorly managed. Jumps around too much with not much sense of organization. Are they organizing it by method? Nope. Time? Nope. Concept? Nope. Whatever the writer wanted to fill in? Yep.

I find the interviews interesting and such, but I'd prefer if it was better handled. (And if they cut the interviews back a bit. There is a lot of extraneous dialog.). That first episode is about assassinations. It deals so LITTLE with that that it's frustrating. I think the title is poison, bullets and piano wire or something. Anything about those? Nope.

Some great interviews with some great Israeli's, but not focused at all.

Also watched some documentary on the Shroud of Turin that came to zero conclusions (which was nice - there is no conclusion as yet) and another with some annoying woman trying to tear down Jewish biblical tradition. Again, not well made. And her bias was all-too-clear. While she did show the other side, her contempt for it was noticeable. I didn't make it past the first episode of that one.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The Ranch, It's pretty funny and nice to watch a show that doesn't lean left. Not to many out there now.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The Umbrella Academy had me hooked on episode 1. I'm currently on 6.
Yep, there's vapid dialogue about their father that is annoying, but I got hooked on it.

I'm so pissed Punisher got yanked by Disney. One series I didn't think I'd like got me hooked. It's called, 'You'

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Anyone catch "A Series of Unfortunate Events"? Very clever writing. Made for kids but packed with adult humor..
We watched the first season when it came out. We made it through 2 episodes of the second season then stopped. It's clever but it is pretty high up on the sick and twisted scale... you sure this is made for kids? If I had kids, I wouldn't let them watch it.

TrackDayRdr

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We watched the first season when it came out. We made it through 2 episodes of the second season then stopped. It's clever but it is pretty high up on the sick and twisted scale... you sure this is made for kids? If I had kids, I wouldn't let them watch it.
Based on a book for younger teens. My 12 and 14yo watched all three seasons with me. My 12yo had read the book before she saw the show. It's tongue-in-cheek enough so they didn't catch most of the adult humor.

toekneepea

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not on Netflix, but NatGeo - watched Free Solo, about Alex Honnold's climb (without ropes) of El Capitan in Yosemite. Wow. Won the Oscar for Documentary Film...

Next showing: Sunday, 3/10 at 10am on National Geographic channel.

Last edited:

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, there's vapid dialogue about their father that is annoying, but I got hooked on it.

I'm so pissed Punisher got yanked by Disney. One series I didn't think I'd like got me hooked. It's called, 'You'
Regarding Punisher. First season was entertaining. Second season dragged so bad for me, in the middle that I didn't even finish it.

Prepper

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The Umbrella Academy had me hooked on episode 1. I'm currently on 6.
I got through it. I guess it was okay. Except this is the worst group of superheroes I have ever watched. Holy crap. I could have had the whole Apocalypse thing solved in the same episode that five returns, but they are too busy with drama, lack of cummunication and such. Oh, and they are actually to blame for what they are trying to prevent.

richc

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
On Amazon Prime I've been watching "Oddities". It's about a shop in NY that sells weird stuff, mostly antiques.

Want a double headed goat? It's on the wall. Want a frontal lobotomy kit? We have several to choose from. Want a human skull? What kind would you like?

They'll have collectors ask them for specific items. John Lennon's son was on recently asking for a custom "gift" for his girlfriend.

They'll visit collectors and buy and sell from them. The collector range from appearing somewhat normal to completely bizarre.

I just can't stop watching!

:)

Top Bottom