• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you stocking up on?

“But How Much Ammo Do I Need Anyway? You need exactly one case more than you currently have.” - Greg Perry

[wink]

That says it all...

Cotton, commodities are going through the roof. Just filled two large storage bins with socks, underwear, jeans etc. for the wife & I. Threw in some moth balls & sealed it air tight. If nothing else I'll beat inflation.

for ammo, I basically see whats around for the cheapest price for the guns I use and by some here and there. I cant resist buying a brick or 2 of 22lr if its in the budget. I have learned you can never have enough 22lr. Really you think 3k to 5k of 22lr is enough. Bring some kids to the range for the day.....
for the SHTF moment and I need to leave,.............3 kids under 4 and a wife ammo is kinda on the last of my list. although I did use the last of MY mad money to get set up for reloading. I bought enough components to last several years at my current use of ammo.

>>Everyone's warning us about ammo price increases May 1st<<

And this is what causes a "run" on ammo, resulting in further price increases.

Right now Green backs from working as much overtime as I'm offered. For without them I can't buy anything. With the price of gas going out of sight, food and every other commodity is increasing.
I feel this is going to be an expensive year all the way around.

ETA: Just realized this was the ammo thread so I'll say 7.62X51 & 39.

Last edited:
Stocking up on surplus ammos for my 8mm mausers
1. It is a finite supply so it will eventually run out
2. It is coming from overseas so the buying power of the dollar will be impacted
3. Like everything esle it will be impacted by higher gas prices and inflation.

In the past two weeks

-1000 rnds of PMC X-Tac
-1000 rnds of LC M855
-500 rnds of XM193
-500 rnds of Bronze
-1000 rnds of Brown Bear

Next paycheck going to pick up some TAP and more X-Tac probably.

.45 ACP 500 JHP and 500 FMJ
9mm 500 JHP, 500 FMJ
5.56 1200 rnds of Green Tip
7.62 mm 600 rnds NATO
12g #00 Buck 450 rnds 500 rnds Home defense slugs
22 LR 2000 rnds Stinger

BRASS

I'm buying pretty much any quantity of any caliber I have in use from estates.
There were some nice en-bloc deals in the not so distant past and are still coming my way.
On top of the list: 7.62x51 surplus, primers as well as .30 cal Match Kings/Scenar and 8mm Match Kings

Cal from 4Seasons says on his latest newsletter that some of the price increases are "staggering"...

Since I am not one to overreact, I only bought 3 boxes (750 rounds) of 9mm Remington UMC at WallyWorld for what comes to about 21c a pop after taxes... and 400 rounds of Winchester white box (~23c a pop)... and 500 mini-mags......and a box of winchester 124gr. PDX bonded which I will hopefully never have to use to greet a BG with.

"Prices are soon going up" I told the lady who was looking at me as if I was a madman.

Hey, at least I saved myself a couple trips... that's some gas savings right there... right? :)

Marshmallow peeps!

I'm buying pretty much any quantity of any caliber I have in use from estates.
...8mm Match Kings

What do you mean "from estates"? How much is the 8mm?

...4Seasons says on his latest newsletter that some of the price increases are "staggering"...

Since I am not one to overreact, I only bought 3 boxes (750 rounds) of 9mm Remington UMC at WallyWorld for what comes to about 21c a pop after taxes......

4 Seasons has Walmart beat I think at $9.99 for 50.

Back
Top Bottom