• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are YOU spending YOUR hard earned dollars on to prep for the inevitable eventual collapse of the U.S. Dollar?

I’m buying mostly farm stuff still. Bought another beehive last month and buying lumber to build a chicken coop this month (I took a vacation next week so I can piece something together.)

If precious metals weren’t taxed here in Kentucky, I’d have bought more gold/silver in the past few months.

I might be buying another (larger) gas container for some extra storage and definitely need another one for diesel for my tractor.

FOOD. Every week I’m buying a little extra of whatever I can to stock up for when things get weird again here soon.

Last edited:
What’s the shelf life on fishmox?
Learn about seed saving, only open pollinated seeds are worth saving. Plant perennial vegetables and herbs that maybe disguised as weeds or flowers at certain times of year. Like asparagus, sunchokes, stinging nettles, echinacea.
Buy a good pressure canner and jars.

So I know where to shop for free supplies, I spent a couple bucks on a map to mark all the households with Ukraine flags, "Hate Has No Home..." signs, and any other virtue signaling markers indicating anti-2A soft targets. [rofl]
You know they all practice Just in Time, right?

I just don't want you to be disappointed to learn the only thing in their pantry is a half-fed sourdough starter, three open boxes of gf pasta, and some vegan "cheese" sauce.

Canned food, pop tarts… and praying…

I just can’t believe seriously we have a very modern east vs west Germany type Russian situation…. The next war won’t be nuclear.. it’ll be infrastructure attack. Maybe localized/just regional enough to cause just Enough disruption. why in the heck people aren’t panicking now is beyond me..

View: https://youtu.be/FopF04qB_hk

Great movie

Our Republican Town Committee (RINO free) is becoming a sort of mutual assistance group within itself. GMRS radios are the way to go for a local “bug in” with people who may be amateurs but are of good character and are eager to learn and help one another.

I can’t stress enough how important it is to have that kind of network.

You know they all practice Just in Time, right?

I just don't want you to be disappointed to learn the only thing in their pantry is a half-fed sourdough starter, three open boxes of gf pasta, and some vegan "cheese" sauce.
Dammit- you're right. I bet they converted all their lawn equipment to all electric so their not even worth checking for some spare gasoline. I'm gonna bribe mods to change your handle to Buzz Killington. [laugh] I guess in a SHTF situation if I have a sudden craving for $30 organic kombucha bought from Whole Foods I will know where to go.

Nobody said rice

I know i missed the bus on G&S, so im making an effort to stack lead and brass. 9mm .556 and 12g. Always on the lookout for cordless holepunchers and extra-adequite springy buiscuts at a fair price

Ive got the berkey, the wood stove and split wood for 3yrs, and a new husqarvana with some canned gas. Generator and cords. The pantry and freezer are stocked. The garden doubled in size this year. One section will be squash corn and beans. I grow potatoes and carrots in buckets too. Id like to get my kid some pet bunnies or chickens.

I also missed the deadline on fish antibiotics. Idk if jase medical still doing their thing, if anyone has recomendations id hear them

If lumbers come down from last year, maybe i should stack plywood next

I have a question for those that stack their freezers, do you have a set rotation to use items, very often we end up with freezer burnt items. I can't imagine loading it up and not using it.
What is a normal life span for frozen meats?

Sanitation, if you can’t crap, nothing else will matter.
Or if you cant stop crapping🫠

I have a question for those that stack their freezers, do you have a set rotation to use items, very often we end up with freezer burnt items. I can't imagine loading it up and not using it.
I wrap the meat in plastic, put it in a ziploc, write the date on it. Maybe if its a good week theres a small cardboard box of stuff going in the freezer. New stuff goes at the bottom

You can eat the stuff with freezer burn

I've had stuff well over a year old that was still good. Flavor degrades, but there's a fair amount of longevity.

The things I'm working on getting better at, in no particular order, are rotation, and breaking bulk packages down to more manageable sizes. (Two people rarely need an entire ham, for example.)

I'm still eating steak that I vacuum packed and froze back in April 2020.
I use the "Game Saver" it is a bigger version of the "Food Saver".

Still working ammo and arms mostly now that prices have dropped back and availability is up.
The winters of darkness and death have passed without much more than the usual of either.
I'll get back to buying the LTS and FD foods in a bit.

Something that gets little attention is pest control post SHTF. I have an older house with a fieldstone foundation so it’s a way of life. I stock up on poison for the outside, snap traps of both sizes for indoors, and crack sealer for gaps in the foundation.

Bug spray is a must. Currently, I’m spraying the back lawn with nematodes. They burrow into the bad bugs and leave the beneficial worms. We also have an extra supply of Off and Raid.

Nobody said rice

I know i missed the bus on G&S, so im making an effort to stack lead and brass. 9mm .556 and 12g. Always on the lookout for cordless holepunchers and extra-adequite springy buiscuts at a fair price

Ive got the berkey, the wood stove and split wood for 3yrs, and a new husqarvana with some canned gas. Generator and cords. The pantry and freezer are stocked. The garden doubled in size this year. One section will be squash corn and beans. I grow potatoes and carrots in buckets too. Id like to get my kid some pet bunnies or chickens.

I also missed the deadline on fish antibiotics. Idk if jase medical still doing their thing, if anyone has recomendations id hear them

If lumbers come down from last year, maybe i should stack plywood next
A lot of Portuguese people have been growing tomatoes in buckets in the driveway for years. Many have a grape trellis over the back part of the driveway too. They’re very self sufficient.

Plywood is a great idea. I stack it in the garage and I rotate it periodically so it doesn’t set.

Or if you cant stop crapping🫠

I wrap the meat in plastic, put it in a ziploc, write the date on it. Maybe if its a good week theres a small cardboard box of stuff going in the freezer. New stuff goes at the bottom

You can eat the stuff with freezer burn
I’d strongly recommend buying silver now. It’s remarkably cheap. Lower denomination old US currency, pre 1965 is best. Get a little bit every week.

Back
Top Bottom