What are you replacing your EOTech with?

Cuz

NES Member
Hey all,
Seems like quite a few of you are returning your EOTech HWS sights. I want to know what are the other options out there? Most are mentioning Aimpoints, but I'm not a big fan of their PRO model. I have one and it's ok, but I always liked my EOTechs better. What else is out there?

Thanks,
-Cuz

Hey all,
Seems like quite a few of you are returning your EOTech HWS sights. I want to know what are the other options out there? Most are mentioning Aimpoints, but I'm not a big fan of their PRO model. I have one and it's ok, but I always liked my EOTechs better. What else is out there?

Thanks,
-Cuz

Nothing right now, but if i did i would probably go with Vortex Viper PST Riflescope 1-4x24mm and put my 512 on my sbr.

Hey all,

Thanks,
-Cuz

What don't you like about the Aimpoint?

I don't really know for sure, it just never seemed as durable or easy to shoot as my EOTech. I've always preferred the EOTech's over my AIMPOINT PRO. The fact that I just wasn't crazy about the PRO model has prevented me from spending the extra money on a COMP M4 model. I recently mounted the PRO on my AK, mostly as a range toy. I just don't trust it enough to bet my life on.

Between now and the time I actually mail in my EOTechs, I may just decide to keep them. I keep going back and forth.

Since my vision is changing, I find that I am now better off with a scope.
I got the Vortex Viper PST 1 - 4x24mm Riflescope with Vortex Cantilever Ring Mount for 30mm Tube, 2in Offset CM-202.
And now that my existing BUIS won’t co-witness with the scope, I got the Magpul Industries MBUS Pro Offset Front and Rear Sights.

Since my vision is changing, I find that I am now better off with a scope.
I got the Vortex Viper PST 1 - 4x24mm Riflescope with Vortex Cantilever Ring Mount for 30mm Tube, 2in Offset CM-202.
And now that my existing BUIS won’t co-witness with the scope, I got the Magpul Industries MBUS Pro Offset Front and Rear Sights.

How do you like it? thats the same set up i would go with.

I never thought of the Vortex as much more than a range toy. Maybe I was wrong.
Figured the EOTechs, Aimpoints and Trijicons were for the real work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought of the Vortex as much more than a range toy. Maybe I was wrong.
Figured the EOTechs, Aimpoints and Trijicons were for the real work.

They are and so is the viper pst, with the 1-4x and the lifetime guarantee you really cant go wrong.

Meprolight RDS (I think that's what it is called) wasn't badly priced I don't have one but was originally on their list when they first came out but due I ordering screw ups with how they filled their back orders, I cancelled mine. I have an Aimpoint PRO and like that as well as ACOGs.

I kept the eotech magnifier from my combo and tried my aimpoint pro with it and its just too much stuff, the 2 take up a lot of space. So i am looking for something smaller than the pro like a aimpoint micro or the trijicon. That way the magnifier can still get some use.

Vortex Spitfire 3x

Unfortunately I own 2 Aimpoint Comps! Both shut down on me after a few shots (one was used for 10 years before the problems manifest itself). I spoke to Aimpoint's QC manager and sent them back and paid ~$180 (out of warranty) for both of them to allegedly have their switches replaced. They sent them to Sweden and when I got them back 3 months later, the internal of the battery compartment wasn't changed and after 3 shots the same thing happened. Sent one back again and rinse and repeat. Thus, I want nothing to do with Aimpoint ever again.

I also really liked the way the EOTech viewed the target, but I returned it due to the fact that they lied and sold crap.

I immediately ordered another Vortex Spitfire 3X, large but seems to work well.

I replaced my Eotech with a Chinese Holosun sight. It has the same circle/dot reticle as the Eotech, but clearer and better defined. Due to solar capability, battery life (CR2032) is claimed to be 30,000 hours. I'll believe that when I see it. Its not a bad sight but it is a scope/tube rather than the Eotech type screen.

I like the fact that the mount is removable so you are not committed to a fixed height. I have mine installed on a light weight AR based steel rifle and the circle dot reticle is ideal for this sport. Controls are easy to use and sighting in is pretty easy. At $230 this sight seems to be a good deal compared to the $429 I paid for the Eotech. I figured the Holosun would be a good low budget sight for a 22, but I'm not sure it will take the abuse the Eotech was intended to endure on an AR.

I don't really know for sure, it just never seemed as durable or easy to shoot as my EOTech. I've always preferred the EOTech's over my AIMPOINT PRO. The fact that I just wasn't crazy about the PRO model has prevented me from spending the extra money on a COMP M4 model. I recently mounted the PRO on my AK, mostly as a range toy. I just don't trust it enough to bet my life on.

Between now and the time I actually mail in my EOTechs, I may just decide to keep them. I keep going back and forth.

Here's a PRO that survived a house fire. How durable do you need your optics to be?
b0cbbb7bdb032848078ab9662dd3009d.jpg

Had the 512 on my beowulf carbine. The mbus flip ups work fine so I'm replacing the 512 with a Beretta. Have a PRO and a pst 1-4. Both have been used for range and competition and have held up very well. My bushy with the PRO has been dropped and banged around plenty. I trust it.

I never said they weren't durable. I said they just didn't "seem" durable to me. Just my opinion.

Eotech does give you a sense of durability when you first hold it even though is a piece of $hit.

You should see some of the M68 CCO's and t1's coming back from overseas, they are nice and shiny there's no coating left in them. They work and are still on same batteries.

I do understand were you coming from though, you hold an eotech in one hand and an aimpoint on the other and the eotech does seem to be the most robust optic.

Meprolight M5.

I prefer the large field of view, I like the thin hood frame, and it weighs about the same as my EXPS3. The dot is a clear, crisp dot... not the cluster of crappy EOtech pixels that my EXPS3 had. The IDF uses the M5 as their powered RDS in the blistering Israeli heat and a Canadian friend was just using it just fine in -4 degree cold, so that's good on the temperature extremes. The battery life seems good so far; constant on for a month now and hopefully for the next couple years. So far I'm liking it a lot at the range and the small dot makes it easy to hit 2 inch squares at 100 yards unmagnified.

I wish it had more brightness settings in between, but can't get everything I want all the time.

Meprolight M5.

I prefer the large field of view, I like the thin hood frame, and it weighs about the same as my EXPS3. The dot is a clear, crisp dot... not the cluster of crappy EOtech pixels that my EXPS3 had. The IDF uses the M5 as their powered RDS in the blistering Israeli heat and a Canadian friend was just using it just fine in -4 degree cold, so that's good on the temperature extremes. The battery life seems good so far; constant on for a month now and hopefully for the next couple years. So far I'm liking it a lot at the range and the small dot makes it easy to hit 2 inch squares at 100 yards unmagnified.

I wish it had more brightness settings in between, but can't get everything I want all the time.

meprolight is doing a $400 credit deal for some of their optics if you send them your eotech. not sure if you'd seen that or not, i think someone's posted it on here before. if it was you who posted of course you know and i'm a dumbass. [laugh]

I was always an EOTech fan, but everything on the PRO is metal.... The mount, the body, everything. EOTech hasca ton of plastic depending on the model. What makes you think the PRO is less rugged?

Vortex Spitfire 3x

Unfortunately I own 2 Aimpoint Comps! Both shut down on me after a few shots (one was used for 10 years before the problems manifest itself). I spoke to Aimpoint's QC manager and sent them back and paid ~$180 (out of warranty) for both of them to allegedly have their switches replaced. They sent them to Sweden and when I got them back 3 months later, the internal of the battery compartment wasn't changed and after 3 shots the same thing happened. Sent one back again and rinse and repeat. Thus, I want nothing to do with Aimpoint ever again.

I also really liked the way the EOTech viewed the target, but I returned it due to the fact that they lied and sold crap.

I immediately ordered another Vortex Spitfire 3X, large but seems to work well.

Can't beat an ACTUAL prism lens. Love mine BTW...

What is this optic? And does it work well? I am one of the unlucky SOBs that have a G23 magnifier and a returned XPS2.

I tried to do a recall claim on the magnifier and L3 told me to go screw. So now I have a $450 paperweight....

edit; shit, never mind. I fail at forums. Thank you for highlighting this combo. What was the price you snagged it at? I may have to wait that long to buy one, anyways.

Aimpoint H-1 2 MOA during BF from PSA (Stole it at that price.)
EOTech G33 3x Magnifier

Solid

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom