• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you replacing your EOTech with?

I went with the MRO to replace the Eotech (found a great deal on opticsplanet). I am not in love with it, per se- but it is a solid optic. I find that mine is not TRUE 1x, it has a very blue hue to the lense, and the lenses seem extremely exposed...no durability problems to speak of yet. The larger objective is nice, though for FOV.

I also have an Aimpoint T2 with Larue QD mount on one of my SBRs...I can say absolutely the Aimpoint is better re: clarity when compared to the MRO. However, I wish I wouldve saved $100+ and just bought the T1...Besides the "protected" turrets, I do not really see a difference....

Last edited:
What is this optic? And does it work well? I am one of the unlucky SOBs that have a G23 magnifier and a returned XPS2.

I tried to do a recall claim on the magnifier and L3 told me to go screw. So now I have a $450 paperweight....

edit; shit, never mind. I fail at forums. Thank you for highlighting this combo. What was the price you snagged it at? I may have to wait that long to buy one, anyways.

Palmetto was giving those away for $400.
I rolled the dice on picking the right American Defense mount, which is the AD-T1-11.

You can actually get the magnifier and Aimpoint one rail section closer to each other, but I give the space so I can take off the bikini cover w/o flipping the mag.

I've decided I want something battery powered. These sights are too expensive to get something that will lose 25% of its brightness after about 5 years. I'm considering the Trijicon SRS, but want to fondle one first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is climbing up my list as well.... Just not sure the MRO is something I want to get into, and the PRO is heavy

What are your concerns with the MRO?
I was leaning toward it because its battery powered.

What are your concerns with the MRO?
I was leaning toward it because its battery powered.

Can't speak for DRB, but my concern is with the post release user reviews. Multiple reports of issues with the glass – slight magnification, red tint, etc.

Other than that this optic looks ideal for my needs. I'm looking to replace the EOTech right away though, so I'll pass on the MRO for now but will definitely look back to it when I need another optic.

Can't speak for DRB, but my concern is with the post release user reviews. Multiple reports of issues with the glass – slight magnification, red tint, etc.

Other than that this optic looks ideal for my needs. I'm looking to replace the EOTech right away though, so I'll pass on the MRO for now but will definitely look back to it when I need another optic.

Slight magnification, subpar optics for the price tag (at least in the 5 early models I've seen and used) red glare with light behind the optic.

The most recent ones I've seen aren't as bad, although I haven't used them mounted on a weapon.... My hope is, there are QC issues vs fundamental flaws that will get worked out as production continue.

I'm leaning for a more tried and true setup this time.... I've had enough of waiting for a mfg to get their shit together ( or get me my money back)

I've decided I want something battery powered. These sights are too expensive to get something that will lose 25% of its brightness after about 5 years. I'm considering the Trijicon SRS, but want to fondle one first.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/trijicon-srs-follow-up/

Imho Trijicon has an issue with rushing things to market before their ideas are fully hatched

They received the sight on 12/18/15, I received acknowledgement on 1/15/16, tried looking up status yesterday and no record found, received the check today.A

thank you! This is good to know

Palmetto was giving those away for $400.
I rolled the dice on picking the right American Defense mount, which is the AD-T1-11.

You can actually get the magnifier and Aimpoint one rail section closer to each other, but I give the space so I can take off the bikini cover w/o flipping the mag.

Finding a replacement without flaws is frustrating. I hope EOTech fixes their sights because the best replacement for me would be another EOTech.

Got to shoot a few different RDS including the MRO, the Sparc, the H-2 and the PRO....

I'm going with Aimpoint, it's just a matter of which one.

I'm still very torn between both the cost and the functionality of the PRO vs the micros

The other issue I'm finding, is, Aimpoint prices are through the roof and availability is very low.... It seems they are the main benifactor of EOTechs lies....

I want the H-2, but the premium may be too much to bear is I want the sight soon.

Not sure what I'll do with the refund, but the rifle the Eotech was on is going to try an SWFA 1-6 and an ACOG. Whichever works better for me will stay. As much as I like dots, I'm not sure my eyes are working well on indistinct targets past 150 without magnification, especially in low light. Had some issues last time I shot low light around 200.

The other issue I'm finding, is, Aimpoint prices are through the roof and availability is very low.... It seems they are the main benifactor of EOTechs lies....

I want the H-2, but the premium may be too much to bear is I want the sight soon.

The same thing happened with the Meprolight Tru-Dot RDS. Botach.com had tons of them at $340 for a long, long time. Now they are $400 and on backorder. I ended up getting one at Optics Planet for $360. With Optics Planet you can open up a chat with them and negotiate a better price. You might be able to do the same with them for an Aimpoint.

Back
Top Bottom