What are you going to buy before Hillary gets elected?

I have heard that .22LR and 9mm were impossible to find but were there any other calibers that were significantly affected by the Obama gun-snatching scare? .223/5.56? 12 gauge? AR lowers in general? Got into firearms the past few years and just missed that shortage mess several years ago so don't know what it was like looking for ammo then. Hope it doesn't repeat itself.

Primers. Primers were really hard to find too. And .308 was a lot more expensive than it is now.

ETA: also .380ACP. No idea why, none to be found.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for an AK and a bolt action in. 308 and some ammo. Probably will fail as usual to make it a one and done event.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I bought an AK, a 308 AR lower, standard AR lower, and I'm probably going to spend the rest of this year's money on ammo.

I have heard that .22LR and 9mm were impossible to find but were there any other calibers that were significantly affected by the Obama gun-snatching scare? .223/5.56? 12 gauge? AR lowers in general? Got into firearms the past few years and just missed that shortage mess several years ago so don't know what it was like looking for ammo then. Hope it doesn't repeat itself.

.380 was just about impossible to find for a long time -- sucked for anyone who carried a pocket gun and actually wanted to practice with it. You never know, but I wonder just how likely another panic is in the near term. Arguably shooters were off guard last time and got a little too dependent on wandering into Walmart if they wanted some ammo. But after all of the panic hoarding I have to think shooters have learned something. There are always new shooters, of course, but I bet the next ammo panic will be a little less severe than the last.

Not against stocking up on ammo, as I like to buy one bulk at a time, but seems crazy that people ran around panicking like that based on preliminary speculation. Annoying to hear about guys who literally don't shoot just hoarding away ammo for the sake of being cool or planning to resell it. Glad to hear 12 gauge was plentiful as that is the caliber I have the least of.

Guess my vote goes to more ammo, slowly but surely.

I'm going to sell ammo,lots of it.

Then buy another motorcycle.

Time to cash out.

Everytime a politician farts,people panic..Now a guy with 352 feedback trying to incite a panic because there isn't a panic yet.

Getting tired of this Game of Tards..

Last edited:
I'm going to sell ammo,lots of it.

Then buy another motorcycle.

Time to cash out.

Everytime a politician farts,people panic..Now a guy with 352 feedback trying to incite a panic because there isn't a panic yet.

Getting tired of this Game of Tards..
Do you have any .22 to sell??? I'll pay 20c/round!!!!!!1!!!!!!!one!!!!!

I'll be your best friend if you get a job at the one in Danvers and give me the inside track on all the ammo they have hidden somewhere in the back. It's not even worth going in there anymore.

Went to Wally-World this morning to pick up some manila folders and labels. Since I was there, got (4) 100-rd boxes of 9mm and (4) 50-rd boxes of .380 to replace what we shot this weekend. There was plenty of almost everything on the shelves. Only thing they looked light on was .22 and .300 Blackout; but this is Chatham County, Georgia. [smile]

Went to Wally-World this morning to pick up some manila folders and labels. Since I was there, got (4) 100-rd boxes of 9mm and (4) 50-rd boxes of .380 to replace what we shot this weekend. There was plenty of almost everything on the shelves. Only thing they looked light on was .22 and .300 Blackout; but this is Chatham County, Georgia. [smile]
I'll be right down....lolol.

Honestly, I hope people have learned from the past shortages and are buying the ammo they need as they see it. I don't need much. I have reloading supplies, ammo and firearms. But if I see a deal on something and I have the cash I will jump on it.

I too agree that ammo will be the next thing the gun grabbers go for. They tried M855 and lost. But they have the EPA and lead is bad for you. I could foresee lead ammo being regulated into oblivion. Imagine staying in the shooting sports without lead ammo, I doubt most of us could afford to. Get ammo and reloading supplies now.

I have been buying reloading supplies for the calibers I shoot. Did my first batch of 9 and they came out good and the first 100 ran with no issues.

Laying in a years supply (of ammo or mats to make ammo) would be a good idea if one can afford it.

-Mike

This is my plan. Doing pretty good so far, probably just buy a few more boxes of bullets and a couple boxes of primers...I also keep stocking powder as I use it so my reloading cabinet is always full...

I got into reloading around Sandy Hook and don't want to be in that expensive situation again.

Back
Top Bottom