• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you getting yourself for Christmas?

I thought Bee articles were supposed to be fake news?
The best satire has a grain of truth.

Reminds me. I once worked at a robot company that was thinking of making a lawnmower.

They did a series of use studies, interviewing homeowners who seemed like their target audience. When the talked to couples, the answer was a resounding yes, for all the obvious reasons. Same with the wives alone.

Once the got the husbands alone, the answer flipped: that's my only time to myself in the week; you'll have to pry the lawnmower from my cold, dead hands.

At the time, they did not proceed.

Reminds me. I once worked at a robot company that was thinking of making a lawnmower.

They did a series of use studies, interviewing homeowners who seemed like their target audience. When the talked to couples, the answer was a resounding yes, for all the obvious reasons. Same with the wives alone.

Once the got the husbands alone, the answer flipped: that's my only time to myself in the week; you'll have to pry the lawnmower from my cold, dead hands.

Reminds me of my buddy a few years ago......was going through a tough spot in his marriage.....he had a week off from work cuz he had use or lose pto.......I stopped by to say hi one afternoon and he was out back staining his deck with a brush and a can of stain......and a can of beer. I told him.....I'll go home and get my sprayer and loan it to you and you'll be done with this in an hour......he almost shit himself......"dude....shut the f*** up......when I'm done with this I'll have to go back in there......as he gestured toward the house. 😂😂😂

Reminds me of my buddy a few years ago......was going through a tough spot in his marriage.....he had a week off from work cuz he had use or lose pto.......I stopped by to say hi one afternoon and he was out back staining his deck with a brush and a can of stain......and a can of beer. I told him.....I'll go home and get my sprayer and loan it to you and you'll be done with this in an hour......he almost shit himself......"dude....shut the f*** up......when I'm done with this I'll have to go back in there......as he gestured toward the house. 😂😂😂
iu

I worked with a guy who would put in for vacation time and not tell his wife. He'd leave the house regular time, dressed in work clothes, lunch packed, etc. He'd spend the day doing whatever and go home regular time. One day my boss says "have Mario do..." (whatever). I said Mario's on vacation. Boss says "I just saw him over at XYZ". I explain what he's doing and my boss was like "are you shitting me!?"

I worked with a guy who would put in for vacation time and not tell his wife. He'd leave the house regular time, dressed in work clothes, lunch packed, etc. He'd spend the day doing whatever and go home regular time. One day my boss says "have Mario do..." (whatever). I said Mario's on vacation. Boss says "I just saw him over at XYZ". I explain what he's doing and my boss was like "are you shitting me!?"
That?

That's an unhealthy relationship.

That?

That's an unhealthy relationship.
His sister was married to a guy we knew from the neighborhood. They go to the mall one day and then split up to each look at whatever. He's done so he gets in the truck and drives home. Forgot he was with his wife. 🤣 She finally calls him, reams him a new one and he has to drive back to pick her up.

I have so much vacation time accumulated and my wife doesn't (her company only gives a couple of weeks, mine gives 7), that every month I have a 4 day weekend, I spend the first two days hanging out, going to the range, doing whatever I want while she works. Three to four weeks later those 2 days accrued, and I do it again.

But, she knows I am on vacation, I dont hide it.
I have to take the time or it won't accumulate past a certain amount.

Picked up a Tig welder for myself. Did Tig welding for years, have a Mig and a Gas gen set for portable welding/gen set for the house and a plasma cutter so why not a AC/DC Tig.
This prime weld is something I'm used to the dials and like the warranty.

Attachments

• KIMG0901.JPG
    KIMG0901.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 19
  • KIMG0900.JPG
    KIMG0900.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 19

I have two neighbors that are power equipment junkies. We all have a couple acres each so there's plenty of excuses to stay busy outside but these two are WAY over the top. Pretty sure they are escaping the house, LOL.

I’ve spent enough money on myself the end of this year. But seems I’m gonna spend more. It seems I’m going to be getting an archery set up for hunting next year (this was my first year)

Looking at this for a bow
check the want ads , I have seen some outstanding set ups for sale recently. My buddy picked up a nice set up off craigs list. Guy bought it all tried it for 2 seasons , not for him. Aprox $3500 in gear for $1800.

Got myself an AEA 357/9mm Challenger big bore air rifle. This thing is massive, heavy and loud. Pushes 125 grain slugs over 1000fps! Big boy BB gun!
friend bought something similar set up a back stop in his yard.
hunk of "steel" plate some hay bales and 1/4' ply wood for the target holder. That will stop a 9mm at 1000 fps right. Well lets say the steel backer was less than effective.
the garage wall took a beating and a few rounds found there way into his garage right to the side of his newer truck.... nice stuff.
I think the steel was left over from his raised garden beds. seems that was good enough for the 25 cal gun ?

friend bought something similar set up a back stop in his yard.
hunk of "steel" plate some hay bales and 1/4' ply wood for the target holder. That will stop a 9mm at 1000 fps right. Well lets say the steel backer was less than effective.
the garage wall took a beating and a few rounds found there way into his garage right to the side of his newer truck.... nice stuff.
I think the steel was left over from his raised garden beds. seems that was good enough for the 25 cal gun ?
Have shot mine at a dense piece of maple point blank 8 shots. It stopped it! But it was pumping some serious power into that block of wood! I have heard some similar stories of overpenetration....lol

6900897312_bc601bd623.jpg

Haven't exchanged gifts yet,
but it's already in the safe.

The 45/70 next to the .460.

Soon there will be a 454 and a 500 added to the family.
But I only have two hands?
Sex-Machine-Dusk-till-Dawn-Tom-Savini.jpg

You'll chop your foot off, kid.

Can't put a price on peace and quiet.
screenshot_20211224-141253_instagram-jpg.555938

I thought Bee articles were supposed to be fake news?
Prof. Glenn "Instapundit" Reynolds refers to it
as The Nation's Newspaper of Record.

Consistently.

Most complex single-stage press I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom