• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are you buying yourself for Christmas? (Gun Related)

allen-1, I appreciate the insight. I'm going to put my hands on my cousin's mark-II this coming weekend. I'm looking for something <$300 before optics. I've done some digging around the forum and im trying to decide whether I go with the Savage Mark-II, a Ruger American, or CZ variant.

Thanks again!

A DJ Getz 94K-PDW MP5 clone. He's all done making them I heard and I'm picking mine up the 26th. Then I will SBR it like this one.

f97ea643933062b5a2cc14b3bc4b9971.jpg

Last edited:
allen-1, I appreciate the insight. I'm going to put my hands on my cousin's mark-II this coming weekend. I'm looking for something <$300 before optics. I've done some digging around the forum and im trying to decide whether I go with the Savage Mark-II, a Ruger American, or CZ variant.

Also consider the Sako Quad and p94s (the p94s, which is no longer made, is realy nice). But both are out of your price range I see.

Also consider the Sako Quad and p94s (the p94s, which is no longer made, is realy nice). But both are out of your price range I see.

Beretta is no longer importing the Sako Quad into the U.S. There are still some out there but they are the last of the them. Buy now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a Ruger SR1911 for my son for his 21st birthday.

However he just turned 18.

I'll break it in for him. Along with him of course.

[smile]

I use the holiday season as means of ordering gun stuff in stealth mode. Packages coming to the door all the time; if they're addressed to me nobody's going to question.

I got a new Magpul CTR stock for one of the ARs (I can't stand not having the QD attachment point), some QD fittings and a couple of A2 muzzle devices from Spikes (it's great being out of Mass).

I am finally going to finish the last AK kit I bought about 6 months ago. I gave my press to my Dad in NY last year when I thought I had built enough. This weekend I am finally going back to borrow it for a couple of hours.

My son and i will have a cmp m1 garand under the tree. I peeked at it already but he has no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

already bought my present to me-S&W 617, stainless, 10 shot revolver, 4" barrel, new, fun to shoot, shoots everything from CB shorts to Stingers, great stock trigger

I'm getting a lower and a LPK for Christmas from the wife. So for myself it is the upper, and the stock parts. Some upper bits have already arrived, rest will be here Monday. All that is left is the parts for the stock. Debating on buying some additional parts to work on the trigger. I do like to tinker and extra springs/trigger/hammer parts to mess with could be entertaining.

I stopped at Guitar Center yesterday to pick up a gift for someone when I heard a voice calling my name. A natural finished Fender Telecaster with bound edges on the body was hanging on the top row. It was a beauty...and at $900 (used) was tempting. I tried to walk away but I thought I heard it crying. I finally relented and asked to see it up close. The salesman handed me a credit card application while he went to fetch the ladder. He gave me a pick and then the guitar. I sat down with it and immediately realized it wasn't a USA built model but one Made in Japan...a 1966 re-issue probably made in the late 80s or early 90s and it look mostly unused. I started picking out some notes and strummed a few chords and realized one big thing. This was the most horrible feeling Telecaster I'd ever played. I hadn't even plugged it into an amp. I've played Squire Teles that felt better. It was disappointing. The salesman, and woman, ganged up on me and brought me every telecaster in the house to try. I did find one that played nice but it had a rear humbucker pickup with a coil splitter built in to the volume knob and a rosewood fretboard. It also had a hardtail strat type bridge and tailpiece without the string through the body feature. It was priced nice at a grand but it wasn't what I wanted. That opens the door to being able to pick up a new toy for my gun safe now. I'm not sure what...I was thinking maybe a full size M&P 9, another Beretta 92 or maybe a 6 inch .357.

Thompson Center Pro Hunter FX muzzle loader and a scope - probably Leupold. Need it for next year's deer season. Hunting with a bow during muzzle loader is limiting my ability to kill deer. I need a firearm. I found myself within 75 yards with clear line of sight too many times this year - not able to take a shot.

Back
Top Bottom