• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

what are you all paying for

greencobra

NES Member
7.62x39 ammo? I posted a few days ago about buying some at Rileys and was told they were too high, 5.89/20 box. What's a decent price to pay? How about bulk prices? I'm metro north, can shoot up 93 to nh in 20 min if need be to chase down a fair deal. Never looked for it before but just bought an AK and I anticipate shooting it a lot. Will be up to the Wilmington show in a few weeks, maybe something will show up there for decent prices. I don't see myself as being cheap but the way a few guys jumped on me, I way over paid for my first 250 rds.

**** Riley's. Go to Collectable in Merrimack.Golden Tiger was 250$ /1000 a while ago. Tula is prob a bit more but GT was brass. (my SKS loves steel ammo).But ya 5$ is good.

**** Riley's. Go to Collectable in Merrimack.Golden Tiger was 250$ /1000 a while ago. Tula is prob a bit more but GT was brass. (my SKS loves steel ammo).But ya 5$ is good.

golden tiger that's brass? All the golden tiger I've shot was coated steel case same as Tula and wolf poly?

That's x39 5.45 and .223 are all steel coated green or other colors.

SGAmmo had Golden Tiger 1000rds for about $230 shipped.

$5 for 20 rounds is what I consider standard. That's about how much it costs in Walmart.

*May have been $250 shipped.

I agree with those saying around $5 per box is average. My LGS is around $7 per box so I no longer buy it from them when I can save almost $2 per box just driving and extra 10 minutes to Walmart.

5.99 seems to be normal price...everywhere....for 7.62x39. Have to drive some to find a wal mart. I think closest one that sells ammo is Salem I believe and when you drive a truck that gets 11 mpg, it's not worth it to drive to hell and back to save 10 cents. Where anyone finds it for 5 bucks a box I don't know. It's certainly not in eastern mass. Carl at FS has it out for 6.99 but discounts it at check out to 5.98/20 box. His bulk 1000 rd price wasn't so good but now that I know about the discount, it don't look so bad. I believe he takes a bit more off for bulk purchases. I'm hoping to find a deal for a few thousand rounds at the Wilmington show in 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom