• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are the most fun 22lr rifles

Wrong caliber, I know, but the most fun shooting a small caliber rifle I've ever had was a .17 bolt action with a good trigger. You could blow a flies balls off at 100 yards.

Wrong caliber, I know, but the most fun shooting a small caliber rifle I've ever had was a .17 bolt action with a good trigger. You could blow a flies balls off at 100 yards.

I agree. My 17hmr is a tack driver. If the wind cooperates I can hit the 6" plate at 300 all day long. Love the look on people's face when your getting hits out that far will a rim fire.

My son has a Ruger 10/22 with a stainless barrel and Mannlicher stock. Great rifle.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 10.25.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-15 at 10.25.17 AM.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Vintage (like 40s/50s/60s) era Remington 12 or Winchester 62 pump guns or Marlin 39 lever guns are the most fun 22s and amazingly accurate. And they look the best. They eat anything you feed them too. You can easily ping steel with them at 100 yds offhand unslung. Best part is you can find shooter quality examples for a few hundred and never lose money on them. Heck if you don't like it, clean it up nicely and probably double your money.

AR15 with Nordic Arms or JP .22 upper.

Your pretty close. I think my dedicated 22 polymer lower with a Taccom upper is more fun. Lots of carbon fiber and titanium for 3lb 7 oz with an optic. Too bad I can't shoot it well enough to win something.

Vintage (like 40s/50s/60s) era Remington 12 or Winchester 62 pump guns or Marlin 39 lever guns are the most fun 22s and amazingly accurate. And they look the best. They eat anything you feed them too. You can easily ping steel with them at 100 yds offhand unslung. Best part is you can find shooter quality examples for a few hundred and never lose money on them. Heck if you don't like it, clean it up nicely and probably double your money.

this is true...... my remington 552 from the 60s is awesome and it talkes shorts,long and long rifle with out issue....dont need no special 22lr ammo.

my Henry Golden Boy lever action is my favorite- not to mention one of the finest American built .22 rifels you could ever buy. if you don't have a Henry rifle in your collection, your collection is desperately incomplete! ;)

H004M-scope.png

X2 on the Marlin 60, I also love my old Remington nylon 66

Both great little guns and I do miss my 66 a little.
What I find completely amazing is how well my 50+ year old 22s function much better than anything newer.

Now for you model 60 owners that have a jamOmatic or think it's a POS I will take them off your hands. I have magic ammo that fixes them all....

Back
Top Bottom