• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are people seeing as an average time to get their registrations back?

I sent mine by registered mail on 12/30/13.

Got back the AW forms(rejected), but no mag form, with a request for additional info on 2/21.

I had sent in multiple AW forms and referenced all of them on one affidavit, apparently that was no bueno. They wanted a separate affidavit for each form. So I was given until 3/7 to get additional affidavits mailed in.

Did that and now more waiting.

Huh, I did 2 on one affidavit and there was no problem.

And I'm with Shadow, no need to be doing name calling for those of us who can't afford the risk of a felony (or an attorney to fight said charges).

I sent mine by registered mail on 12/30/13.

Got back the AW forms(rejected), but no mag form, with a request for additional info on 2/21.

I had sent in multiple AW forms and referenced all of them on one affidavit, apparently that was no bueno. They wanted a separate affidavit for each form. So I was given until 3/7 to get additional affidavits mailed in.

Did that and now more waiting.

You are the first person I've ever heard of getting that request. I don't doubt your story, but that is very strange.

Did you specifically reference each AW by serial number on the affidavit?
If you failed to include SNs on the affidavit, that might have been the problem.

wow what a $hit$torm.
i never thought i would say i was glad to live in MA.
i'm sure soon we will have the same registration system and i will have to register everything from my magazines/scopes to my toenails/ballsack.

Don - referenced them by name only not SN.

And yes I agree with the people before me; in my personal situation I can't afford to be a felon.

wow what a $hit$torm.
i never thought i would say i was glad to live in MA.
i'm sure soon we will have the same registration system and i will have to register everything from my magazines/scopes to my toenails/ballsack.

You already have a de-facto registration system.

Also, Other than AWs, CT is still less terrible than MA.

Shall issue, no license necessary for possession of any firearms, no approved handguns roster, no storage requirements, no transport requirements. The list goes on and on.

None yet, but I still cant afford to be the first. My career wont allow for that, but by all means keep being an ******* about it.

Sorry if that's what you took from this.

Whose career lists felon as a desired skill?

The only way this ridiculous law changes is if and when its challenged.

We just got our mag confirmation papers today (letter dated 4/21, post marked 4/25, but I hadn't checked the mail the last two days).

Now I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do with it. Do we have to keep them with our mags or just hold on to it?

You can throw them the F&*k away.

Do NOT carry them with your mags. The law does not say anything about any of that. It just says that you must declare the magazines. You did, so now you are done.

Seriously. don't throw it away, put it somewhere safe, maybe scan it. But do not let the police get the idea that people need to carry these god forsaken pieces of paper.

Don

Sorry for the rant.

But law abiding gun owners of CT should not do one little bit more than the law requires. Register your AWs if you want. Declare your mags if you want. But don't do anything else.

And educate yourself on transport. CT firearms laws on transport are pretty simple. You can't carry a long gun loaded in your vehicle.

Thats it. Seriously. . . . until the AWB came along. The rule basically follows the requirements for protection under the safe passage clause of FOPA. (applicable only to MGs and AWs). locked case if you don't have a trunk, or in the trunk if you have one.

Transport of all other guns are still essentially unregulated. (except what was a rifle before PA 13-3 is now an AW and subject to different requirements)

I'm still waiting but a friend who submitted his in person on the last day of December just got a letter, a few days ago, saying his magazine declaration form was accepted. But nothing about the AWs.

Anyone else get their paperwork back yet?

Just got my "Sir/Madam" mag letter Monday; six month turn around time....

Still waiting on those AW registrations to come in.

On a side not: Someone told me once you receive the AW registration you will need to keep it on you when outside of your home with the registered firearm (i.e. at the range). I have not been able to find anything in the law that says this explicitly.

Can anyone here confirm if we are required to keep the proof of registration with the firearm?

Just got my "Sir/Madam" mag letter Monday; six month turn around time....

Still waiting on those AW registrations to come in.

On a side not: Someone told me once you receive the AW registration you will need to keep it on you when outside of your home with the registered firearm (i.e. at the range). I have not been able to find anything in the law that says this explicitly.

Can anyone here confirm if we are required to keep the proof of registration with the firearm?

That's a great question and I can't find anything about it either. Can anyone else chime in on this? I'm hitting up Academi tomorrow to put some rounds through my AR and XD45.

got my rifle certs last week. i guess they needed to ponder my homemade nonserialized multicaliber certificates. lol

Is anyone else still waiting?

I'm starting to get pissed, I can't send my ATF Form 1 until I have the CT registration...

Is the ATF requiring A registration cert to process form 1s?

What if its preban? (1994)

By the way. I just got my last batch of registrations yesterday. They sent them back to me for lack of a signature over the summer and I resent them back in Sept.

I guess I jumped the gun, they were sitting on my counter when I got home from work (the wife brought the mail inside).

And yes ATF is requiring a certificate accompany the form 1 unless the receiver is pre94.

Back
Top Bottom