• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

What are people seeing as an average time to get their registrations back?

Just curious if anyone has gotten their cards yet and when they did the paperwork and how long it took to receive something. I did the registration back at the end of November and haven't seen anything yet.

Everyone I know that still lives up there and everyone that they know didn't submit. They remeber their lessons from history.

Everyone I know that still lives up there and everyone that they know didn't submit. They remeber their lessons from history.

Well, I couldn't afford to become a felon. My job requires me to be too squeaky clean to chance it. I'm not gonna assume that the state didn't retain the FFL records that they are suppose to destroy after the purchase is made. I will be moving eventually though. The Progressives can have this shit hole, its not my home anymore.

I saw the writing on the walls in the 90s so I left then. I still know people up there so I like to stay current on what's going on. That's also why I know everyone up there got screwed over. I have friends that were telling me about the rallies (yes plural) they went to and how most of the state is underrepresented/voice is watered down. I also know how many reps voted despite what their constituents wanted. That's why you won't see me saying anything bad about the people up there, I know that everything is rigged against you and there's only so much you can do. One friend of mine is thinking about not only moving but taking his business with him.

Last edited:
I applied in person with my rifle registration in mid-November, nothing back yet. Magazines were mailed before Christmas with Return Receipt, other than the USPS thing, nothing back yet either.

I also work a job that I have to have absolutely nothing on my record.

i will probably get mine last, i registered a homemade, multicaliber, no serial number, no identifying marks firearm.

Well, I couldn't afford to become a felon. My job requires me to be too squeaky clean to chance it. I'm not gonna assume that the state didn't retain the FFL records that they are suppose to destroy after the purchase is made. I will be moving eventually though. The Progressives can have this shit hole, its not my home anymore.

Smart move. As you said. The state already knows everything you ever bought from a dealer.

One thing. They don't destroy those records. You are thinking of NICS checks. The dealer sends in a DPS3, which they enter into a computerized database. It's been that way since 1994.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

i will probably get mine last, i registered a homemade, multicaliber, no serial number, no identifying marks firearm.

But that was preban . . .right? Ha.

Smart move. As you said. The state already knows everything you ever bought from a dealer.

One thing. They don't destroy those records. You are thinking of NICS checks. The dealer sends in a DPS3, which they enter into a computerized database. It's been that way since 1994.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

But that was preban . . .right? Ha.
homebrewed from 80% lower with no sn or engraving, completed by me sometime before the new law took effect. [smile]

I'm new memeber and thought I would get my feet wet by posting on this thread. I sent mine in early Dec registered for both weapons and magazines. Both my AR and what annoys me is that pistols are banned as well if it has a magazine that holds more that 10 rounds and no 10 round mag is manufactured for it by the manufacturer, such as my Taurus PT845 with 12 rnd mags. I tried to trade it in for another type of pistol and I was refused by several dealers in the state. Typical CT BS

Welcome to the forum! I hear ya about pistols without 10round mags. A lot of people aren't shipping anything to CT anymore (just look at GunBroker listings). That's one reason I'm looking at getting a 1911. If I'm going to be limited to 10 rounds, might as well make a big hole. Strange that they wouldn't take it just because it has normal cap mags.

Back to the main point of the thread: Has anyone received anything about magazines back yet?

Welcome to the forum! I hear ya about pistols without 10round mags. A lot of people aren't shipping anything to CT anymore (just look at GunBroker listings). That's one reason I'm looking at getting a 1911. If I'm going to be limited to 10 rounds, might as well make a big hole. Strange that they wouldn't take it just because it has normal cap mags.

Back to the main point of the thread: Has anyone received anything about magazines back yet?

I received the letter for the mags a few weeks ago but nothing on the rifle yet.

I'm new memeber and thought I would get my feet wet by posting on this thread. I sent mine in early Dec registered for both weapons and magazines. Both my AR and what annoys me is that pistols are banned as well if it has a magazine that holds more that 10 rounds and no 10 round mag is manufactured for it by the manufacturer, such as my Taurus PT845 with 12 rnd mags. I tried to trade it in for another type of pistol and I was refused by several dealers in the state. Typical CT BS

Welcome to the forum. But you have been misinformed.

Pistols are not banned unless they are an AW. Magazine capacity has nothing to do with whether or not it is banned.

The most common reasons for a pistol being deemed an evil AW are:

1) Threaded bbl
2) barrel shroud
3) magazine is outside the grip. (unless its an olympic style target pistol)

Your Taurus is TOTALLY PERFECTLY LEGAL. It does not need to be registered.

Assuming you declared the 12 round mags, you can keep it as it.
Whoever told you otherwise is wrong. I don't want to derail this thread, so please PM me.

Don

p.s.

[(B)] (iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least [two] one of the following:

[(i)] (I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches [to the pistol] at some location outside of the pistol grip;

[(ii)] (II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a [barrel extender,] flash suppressor, forward [handgrip] pistol grip or silencer;

[(iii)] (III) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to [hold] fire the firearm [with the nontrigger hand] without being burned, [;] except a slide that encloses the barrel; or

[(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and]

(IV) A second hand grip; or

(v) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the ability to accept more than ten rounds;

Last edited:
images

Back
Top Bottom