What are my rifle options with these criteria?

I appreciate everyone's advice. I was able to find a Saiga Sporter .223 for what I feel was a decent price considering the climate ($500).

The clerk said that you can't get "preban" hi capacity magazines for this cartridge and platform, though. Is this true? I would have rather bought one chambered in 762, but after calling around 15 stores this morning and finding nothing out there except this .223 model I figured I should take what I can get while I can.

I appreciate everyone's advice. I was able to find a Saiga Sporter .223 for what I feel was a decent price considering the climate ($500).

The clerk said that you can't get "preban" hi capacity magazines for this cartridge and platform, though. Is this true? I would have rather bought one chambered in 762, but after calling around 15 stores this morning and finding nothing out there except this .223 model I figured I should take what I can get while I can.

Don't be so quick. Hold out for the 7.62. The .223 is fine but .223 is almost impossible to find now unless you take out a second mortgage on your home and pay the price. 7.62 is still available at reasonable prices.

I don't know of any .223 high cap mags for that rifle... doesn't mean they aren't out there I am just unfamiliar.

PM me I may be able to locate a 7.62 for you. Won't be cheap compared to a year ago but it will be reasonable.

Don't be so quick. Hold out for the 7.62. The .223 is fine but .223 is almost impossible to find now unless you take out a second mortgage on your home and pay the price. 7.62 is still available at reasonable prices.

I don't know of any .223 high cap mags for that rifle... doesn't mean they aren't out there I am just unfamiliar.

PM me I may be able to locate a 7.62 for you. Won't be cheap compared to a year ago but it will be reasonable.

I hear you, dude. I really wanted the 762 version, but it's a done deal now. Maybe when things settle down I could get the 7.62 version. Thanks, anyhow.

I hear you, dude. I really wanted the 762 version, but it's a done deal now. Maybe when things settle down I could get the 7.62 version. Thanks, anyhow.

Patience is a virtue. I just got a call from a long time friend that's an FFl and he has a NIB Saiga 7.62. Price was OK not great ($575). He was throwing in two East German pre ban 30 round mags and a bullet guide kit. It's NBD he's got another buyer (actually he has about another 10 buyers that are willing to pay more, so he won't be butt hurt over this)

Back
Top Bottom